Quantcast
I've had it with people in the NE - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: I've had it with people in the NE

My Ride
    rubbish

Last edited by 86max; 10-05-2012 at 01:53 PM.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

If i had to pick i'd sooner live in martindale than beddington the
    white trash of all communities..makes forest lawn a spa.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Originally posted by desi112

Another FYI, all neighberhoods, quadrants near the airport in all cities are normally the slums of that city.
    Completely agree with that. Same with any areas that are well serviced by public transit especially trains. I can't think of a single train station I would like to live near. I'll know to move to Auburn Bay or Cranston if the C-Train ever makes it to Mckenzie Towne. The newly added park and ride is bad enough Good luck to the residents of Aspen.

I personally would not vote in favour of expanding the C-Train, but I know I'm probably not in the majority there.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/route_maps/lrt_stop.html

This thing is like an intestine dragging all the shit and disease of the NE into rest of Calgary since 1985.

If this city is serious about curbing urban sprawl, then f@#$ing stop expanding public transit and instead force people is stay close. C-Train expansion has the unpleasant side-effect of spreading the NE cancer. Just look at what's happened to Bridlewood.

Note: I also lived in the NE for a period of time. 15yrs in Whitehorn. I know first hand it's shit and it sucks.

God help us all if the Edmonton <-> Calgary train ever happens. Those bastards are SO NE it's not even funny.
    Last edited by ga16i; 10-05-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    changes every year

I thought this thread was closed? Anyways, i lived in forest lawn, dover, erin woods, etc til i was about 16 and i would never take back living in that shit hole because it made me who i am today.

However, i call it a shit hole because as you grow up, you realize after you have lived in better areas after living there for so long, how much better it is everywhere else( even though i was still a big thug in the south, you can take the kid out of forest lawn, but cant take forest lawn out of the kid)

When im in the NE, i cant wait to get out, even though i lived there almost as long as i lived in the south, south is home, im 10000000x more comfortable driving in the south or walking anywhere i go without feeling i have to watch my back.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    I thought this thread was closed? Anyways, i lived in forest lawn, dover, erin woods, etc til i was about 16 and i would never take back living in that shit hole because it made me who i am today.

However, i call it a shit hole because as you grow up, you realize after you have lived in better areas after living there for so long, how much better it is everywhere else( even though i was still a big thug in the south, you can take the kid out of forest lawn, but cant take forest lawn out of the kid)

When im in the NE, i cant wait to get out, even though i lived there almost as long as i lived in the south, south is home, im 10000000x more comfortable driving in the south or walking anywhere i go without feeling i have to watch my back.
    All those areas you lived are SE are they not?

err.

My buddy from Winnipeg laughs at people here who think the NE is a ghetto or unsafe etc. Its so blown out of proportion its downright embarrassing.

For the geographically challenged here....

Last edited by ZEDGE; 10-05-2012 at 03:25 PM.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Originally posted by ZEDGE

All those areas you lived are SE are they not?

Haven't you seen the new map of Calgary?

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Pretty much. Its as bad the the world according to Americans with the dragons and stuff.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I think Dragons should be put in the area just west of the sw border

I thought for sure everybody here knew that Queensland is a dump now.

That must be a frinkprof map, only he would be foolish enough to stick Britannia into the "inner city".

My Ride
    changes every year

SE technically, but barely. If its just down the road from 17 ave SE in any direction, its the NE. Either way from applewood to vista heights and everywhere that is 20km north of those places, are shit holes.

Wow... this thread is proof that Calgary has Vancouver syndrome.

IE: Two questions people ask everyone:

"Where do you live?"
    "What do you do?"

Determine social status & worth. Spit on person if they are not from a west side address or make less than $100K/year.

Hard to believe this is what Calgary has come to. When I first moved there in 1999 it was a super friendly place. When I left, pretty superficial, cold & sterile. That's what money (or the illusion of money) does I suppose.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Its pretty sad, that's for sure.

My Ride
    changes every year

^maybe, but not me, the truth is the truth. Im not rich by any means and i dont look down on poor folks, hell i grew up poor as all fuck.

What i dont like is the attitude that people have down there,the fact that no one cares about themselves or their or anyone elses property and they are ignorant ass people for the most part.

When i go to sunridge mall WITH my 3 year old, i get stare downs everywhere i go in the mall, ive evwn gotten the "wtf are you looking at?!" by some homo with a group of his friends while i was walking with my son in the mall...i didnt even notice them until he started asking me what i was looking at....

Its shit like that that gives that area and unfortunately the brown guys a bad wrap.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by ga16i

Completely agree with that. Same with any areas that are well serviced by public transit especially trains. I can't think of a single train station I would like to live near. I'll know to move to Auburn Bay or Cranston if the C-Train ever makes it to Mckenzie Towne. The newly added park and ride is bad enough Good luck to the residents of Aspen.

I personally would not vote in favour of expanding the C-Train, but I know I'm probably not in the majority there.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/route_maps/lrt_stop.html

This thing is like an intestine dragging all the shit and disease of the NE into rest of Calgary since 1985.

If this city is serious about curbing urban sprawl, then f@#$ing stop expanding public transit and instead force people is stay close. C-Train expansion has the unpleasant side-effect of spreading the NE cancer. Just look at what's happened to Bridlewood.
    Yup, that's exactly it. I lived in Shawnessy before the train came down that far, it was a nice place... Now look at it.

Moving to Cranston in a month. Parents are moving to Okotoks soon for the same reason.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Right, transit is the cause of all things bad..

Are you people serious?

Sound like a bunch of yuppie nimbys.. holy shit..

NE cancer?

Where do you come up with this shit??

People in the NE have nothing on some of you. So much hate and vitriol... Wow..
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 10-05-2012 at 06:28 PM.

My Ride
    TypeR

^maybe, but not me, the truth is the truth. Im not rich by any means and i dont look down on poor folks, hell i grew up poor as all fuck.

What i dont like is the attitude that people have down there,the fact that no one cares about themselves or their or anyone elses property and they are ignorant ass people for the most part.

When i go to sunridge mall WITH my 3 year old, i get stare downs everywhere i go in the mall, ive evwn gotten the &quot;wtf are you looking at?!&quot; by some homo with a group of his friends while i was walking with my son in the mall...i didnt even notice them until he started asking me what i was looking at....

Its shit like that that gives that area and unfortunately the brown guys a bad wrap.
    I am a personal trainer at the world health in that mall and I never once had this happen to me. What did you do when he said that to you?

This thread reminds me of jr high hahahahaha
    IG:scboss

happy to join beyond.ca

When i go to sunridge mall WITH my 3 year old, i get stare downs everywhere i go in the mall, ive evwn gotten the &quot;wtf are you looking at?!&quot; by some homo with a group of his friends while i was walking with my son in the mall...i didnt even notice them until he started asking me what i was looking at....

I live in Renfrew, so I am occasionally in Sunridge mall from time to time- seriously WTF ?!

Chicago, Detroit, etc. have slums... Calgary, ummm not so much.

Warcaster nailed it, what kind of man gets intimidated by Sunridge Mall?

I once saw a very hot chick at Sunridge mall wearing a see through tight dress with see through panties. So it's a great mall.

My Ride
    changes every year

^LOL what kind of man am i to get intimidated at a mall? Is that how you took my post? If so, youre a tool.

The real question is, what kind of man Tries to intimidate a grown man with a small kid in a mall? Thats what im getting at.

As far as what i did when it happened, i just looked at him, smiled and gave him the ol, "pffffffftttt". I was with my kid and im 32 years old, im not gonna go and start something.

Even if i wasnt with my kid and something ended up happening, there was 6 of them, i can hold my own very well, but not against 6 guys.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast