Quantcast
Minecraft General Discussion - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft General Discussion

My Ride
    Hatred

Default Minecraft General Discussion

Anyone else play Minecraft. I kind of started into it out of boredom one day and am quite enjoying the amusement of it. I built a tower that's upper level is above the clouds and underneath is a massive labryinth of tunnels that even go under neath the ocean in some spots.
    -U

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I've been playing for awhile, I'm just waiting to make my big project, but this new beta has been quite glitchy on my personal server and I'm having a lot of issues.

It's really relaxing and its easy for anyone to play, I love it.

We made a mog a few weeks ago haha

My Ride
    '10 Civic

It's pretty sweet. I've been waiting for some more development.

Does anyone know if there is a multiplayer survivor mode? I heard monsters can hurt you in multiplayer, but do you take fall damage?

I would be interested in a hardcore mode where if you die you are dead forever!!

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I've been holding off until finals were over to try it out, based on a fear of instant addiction.

My Ride
    Hatred

It's entertaining. Where are you hosting the private server from? I kind of wanted to start one so I could develop land in a place I could have friends join.
    -U

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I host it off my own computer, you just download the .bat file they have hosted, and you have to install the developers Java software.

Really simple to start, a bit harder to configure, but I'm an auto service tech and I figured it out lol.

Multiplayer survival works great now, we spent an evening testing it on a local network and it went awesome, hiding from zombies, pissing each other off and building massive structures.

I'm just having problems with my online server, for some reason since the beta we are having a lot of glitches and crashes, all related to Java issues.

If anyone needs help setting a "listen" server up I'll gladly help them.
    Last edited by AE92_TreunoSC; 12-22-2010 at 07:18 PM.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    I've been holding off until finals were over to try it out, based on a fear of instant addiction.
    +1 but im not holding off till anything, im just afraid of the addiction lol

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by n1zm0

+1 but im not holding off till anything, im just afraid of the addiction lol
    Just try it for a little bit. I swear you won't get addicted.

First starting out in it is a little frustrating. You have to work quickly to get your self safe for night 1.
    -U

My Ride
    Hatred

I might have to see about starting up a server for this too. Would be cool to get a bunch of Beyond guys in the same server.
    -U

My Ride
    Hatred

Alright so I'm working on setting up a server for this. Anyone already working on something like this or can give me some pointer to do it in Ubuntu? I have an older dual core laptop I have setup with ubuntu 10.10 that I'm planning on hosting it off of.
    -U

My Ride
    a couple S/C'd V8's

Me and a buddy have been playing for a month or so, we send the server "world" folder back and forth depending who's home or on the road/work.... We've got a sweet castle built up and some mob traps, huge mines and sweet minecart tracks.

It would be cool to play with more people but eventualy bandwidth will become an issue, after a few hours its easy to have racked up 3-400mb in each direction, multiply that by 5-10 people over more then a few hours and you could start to have a problem.

Awesome game for the 10euro's it was during alpha, and sweet to get upgrades for life.

My Ride
    Hatred

Yeah I was thinking that to about bandwidth. But until shaw cracks down on me I figured it couldn't hurt to test it out for a bit. I'd definitely be monitoring traffic for a while to get a feel for how many people I could support.

And buying it during alpha was sweet, as long as he does honor upgrades for life.
    -U

My Ride
    a couple S/C'd V8's

Server works awesome on an internal network, at a friends or place of work/school. The downfall of hosting the server at home is the usual slower UL versus DL. Player behavior makes a difference too, if people are digging mines or stay and build in one area you're better off then if someone jumps in a boat and rides around forever. The world is generated on a as needed basis, explorers increase the size of the world (in mb on your HDD) and thus increase the amount people have to download (and you upload) when they connect.

You'd also have to setup rules, when its a few friends that all want to play similarly its fine, opening it up to many others and you can have people who enjoy demolishing stuff, screwing with others and causing trouble.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Never thought about watching bandwidth, this explains a few problems I've had with 3 people in my game.

Shaw has shitty upload, but at home in my network I have virtually no problems.

minecraft....there's always something you want to do. While doing that thing, u notice a few other projects that can be done. It never ends!

A sweet tool I came across. This program will map out your world for you. It helped me locate one of my distant outposts I had made and then died near lol

Cartograph
    Last edited by nonofyobiz; 02-14-2011 at 12:19 AM.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Originally posted by nonofyobiz
    minecraft....there's always something you want to do. While doing that thing, u notice a few other projects that can be done. It never ends!

A sweet tool I came across. This program will map out your world for you. It helped me locate one of my distant outposts I had made and then died near lol

Cartograph
    Awesome! I needed something like this myself for Survival Mode in beta, I haven't bothered to try multiplayer yet because I'm plenty entertained playing with myself

I've done some work since the last of these videos, the tower is much bigger now and I've installed a texture pack, will probably make an updated video soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgDb3c5JUy0

Yeah I failed pretty hard near the end of my cart ride, made some modifications to that damn hill the tracks go over. Damn Spiders!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbdMG5C43d4

My Ride
    Hatred

A few friends and I picked up a multiplayer server as we always had issues with us hosting off one of our personal computers. already have 8 users otherwise I'd open it up to others. Rented it when the company offered 50% off worked out well.
    -U

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

is there a trial for this? I would love to try it before I buy it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

This is where I left off last night, the main tower is about 2 blocks from being at the height limit. I want to make the Glowstone spire at the entrance a lot taller, too much to do damnit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMT0IgLWF3o

This game is awesome, been playing it for a few months now.

What do you guys say when someone asks you what it's about? For me I just say it's like playing lego, build your own stuff.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast