Quantcast
Playbook vs Xoom: Anyone have faith in RIM and Motorola in delivering? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Playbook vs Xoom: Anyone have faith in RIM and Motorola in delivering?

Default Playbook vs Xoom: Anyone have faith in RIM and Motorola in delivering?

I have to say the Xoom is actually pretty decent. PB Im going to refund. I really like it, a lot, a lot more than i was expecting but the thing is literally useless right now. Actually thinking about picking up a xoom instead, seems more ready out of the box. What you guys think? Anyone use both as well?

You look at the Asus..... or any of the other tablet threads for that matter?
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

If you're fine with running custom ROMs (when they're available) to upgrade Android, the Xoom should be good. But if you want to stick with official Motorola software you should expect to be left in the dark for a long time and receive any updates extremely late if at all.

After messing around with the playbook at Best Buy I was thoroughly impressed with the device, I just really hope they get their act together ASAP on the apps. If they could get that part down and add in a sim card slot I'd be sold over an iPad without a doubt.

My Ride
    is in the works.

Originally posted by BrknFngrs
    After messing around with the playbook at Best Buy I was thoroughly impressed with the device, I just really hope they get their act together ASAP on the apps. If they could get that part down and add in a sim card slot I'd be sold over an iPad without a doubt.
    Could be soon....

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/03/a...eyes-on-video/

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Generally speaking from user reviews, not techy reviews, the feedback for the playbook has been very good, I'm very impressed. For a while I counted out RIM but it sounds like they put out a very solid product which it sounds like they will support and stand behind.

As far as the xoom goes you know exactly what you're getting into. Obviously its bigger so that plays a big part as far as your own expectations. But overall its a powerhouse of a device running the latest and greatest from Android.

Originally posted by supe
    Generally speaking from user reviews, not techy reviews, the feedback for the playbook has been very good, I'm very impressed. For a while I counted out RIM but it sounds like they put out a very solid product which it sounds like they will support and stand behind.

As far as the xoom goes you know exactly what you're getting into. Obviously its bigger so that plays a big part as far as your own expectations. But overall its a powerhouse of a device running the latest and greatest from Android.
    i went to play with the xoom yesterday and it had a noticable lag. apparently this is a very common issue.

which do you think will be here long term. bb OS or android?