Quantcast
Anyone else outraged at their Enmax bill? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else outraged at their Enmax bill?

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by rage2
    Anyone try to convert their enmax bill to epost? It doesn't fucking work lol.

So frustrating to deal with.
    After we moved houses, our epost is all fucked up and doesn't generate any pdf/bills. Annoying.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    02 Blown X

Somebody out there has started paying my Enmax bill for me, or at least a big portion of it. Instead of my usual $200+ monthly bill, they are coming in around $50. Although I appreciate this generous gesture, I phoned Enmax to see what was going on. Enmax says that somebody is using online banking to pay my bill (can only assume they miss-typed their account number). However, Enmax has no idea exactly where or who the money is coming from and has no way to contact the person sending the money or even the financial institution to let this person know of their mistake.

I asked if they can block the payments, because I’m sure once this person realizes their mistake, Enmax is going to be calling me up, looking for the difference (which by now must be over $500), they say it is out of their hands and there is nothing they can do.

to Enmax accounting practices to the person paying my bill.

I always figured my electricity billing was a little higher than it should be in Calgary, given how much effort I put into keeping the consumption down.

After living in BC for a couple months, this became even more evident considering I was expecting to pay a lot more out here and I don't.

Electric hot water tank, electric baseboard heaters, etc. The most I paid for "hydro" in the middle of the "winter" out here was $250 a month. That was before I switched out my old fridge, dishwasher & washing machine to brand new Energy Star units, which reduced my bill by a considerable amount.

Most of the time, I pay less than $70 a month for electricity.

Enmax is screwing Calgarians, big time. BC Hydro is a government run, high salary heavy business that is reviled for it's 'overcharging' by people in BC.

People here have it good in that respect.

Originally posted by 2LOW4SNOW
    However, Enmax has no idea exactly where or who the money is coming from
    Pardon me while I apply at Enmax as a Logician to solve this insanely complex and utterly baffling problem with no obvious solution using nothing but the POWER OF LOGIC.

My Ride
    Hatred

Just keep paying regardless of the price so I can keep making more money.
    -U

My Ride

My enmax bill is always at least $500-$600 for Dec, Jan and Feb. Even without the admin fees I'd still be
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 2LOW4SNOW
    Somebody out there has started paying my Enmax bill for me, or at least a big portion of it. Instead of my usual $200+ monthly bill, they are coming in around $50. Although I appreciate this generous gesture, I phoned Enmax to see what was going on. Enmax says that somebody is using online banking to pay my bill (can only assume they miss-typed their account number). However, Enmax has no idea exactly where or who the money is coming from and has no way to contact the person sending the money or even the financial institution to let this person know of their mistake.

I asked if they can block the payments, because I’m sure once this person realizes their mistake, Enmax is going to be calling me up, looking for the difference (which by now must be over $500), they say it is out of their hands and there is nothing they can do.

to Enmax accounting practices to the person paying my bill.
    I can't believe how often this happens! I posted this in 2006, I was the guy paying some random guy's bills haha:

I've had it happen to me before. I switched to online banking, typed the info wrong, and ended up paying someone else's bills.

You have to call in to enmax when they're open (billing's open real late), pay the bill or prove u paid the wrong account, print out bills, fax it, then they'll turn it back on with a reconnection charge and a $500 deposit. Cost me like $700 to turn it back on before they settled everything properly.

Also, once u prove/pay your bill, it takes about 3 days for someone to come out. I had to throw away all my food in the house cuz it got ruined in the fridge and it stunk. That and it was summer and no air conditioning, the house was NASTY. Took a good week to get everything right.
    For the record, I didn't type it in wrong. Their internal systems take a 8 digit account # or something, and the bill shows a 10 digit number. Online banking accepts it, but truncates the wrong numbers. Voila, someone else gets free electricity lol.

I never got that money back.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

$350 - $365 easymax bill coming for winter.

$250ish in warmer weather. FML.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    02 Blown X

I can't believe how often this happens! I posted this in 2006, I was the guy paying some random guy's bills haha:

For the record, I didn't type it in wrong. Their internal systems take a 8 digit account # or something, and the bill shows a 10 digit number. Online banking accepts it, but truncates the wrong numbers. Voila, someone else gets free electricity lol.

I never got that money back.
    That’s funny, it must happen all the time. You would think they would have a system in place for dealing with it by now. I figured I would call Enmax and help out the person paying my bills, no dice.

I'm surprised you didn't get your money back, what they told me was that if the person paying my bill called in, they would get their money back, and I would be on the hook for paying all my bills that they have been paying for me.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 12:32 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I called them about this one day and had them explain every single line to me, took like 2 hours. A lot of their answers were, "Oh, uh, I don't know." And then they just went silent as if I was supposed to hang up or something. No, go find out for me, lazy ass.

It turns out it's just regular fees, they charge you the electricity price, plus fees for delivery, fees for checking it, fees for processing your order, all that stuff. Most companies would just roll this all into a single charge and bill you for that but I like the fact that Enmax actually breaks it down to show you what exactly you're paying for, you don't often get that from a company. I like it.

It's like if you bought a pair of sneakers and they omly charged you $50 but then added transport fees, recycle fees and it came out to the same amount, just broken down.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    You Crazy

That's cause our corrupt politicians DE REGULATED shit, sold of public built and owned utities and infra structure etc... (that was profitable btw).

I have been saying this for years about our bills. Half is energy cost (practically retail), the other half other bullshit.

This was not the case 20 years ago, but you know, capitalism works right... cause we have fair and undaunted competition, no corrupt barriers to entry etc...

lol.

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 11:28 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Toma
    That's cause our corrupt politicians DE REGULATED shit, sold of public built and owned utities and infra structure etc... (that was profitable btw).

I have been saying this for years about our bills. Half is energy cost (practically retail), the other half other bullshit.

This was not the case 20 years ago, but you know, capitalism works right... cause we have fair and undaunted competition, no corrupt barriers to entry etc...

lol.
    You are a moron. Quit talking out of your ass.

I live in Manitoba and the provincial crown corp Manitoba Hydro sells me my power and natural gas.

Aside from paying a couple cents less per kWh on my electricity I pay basically the same thing that I did living in Alberta. I also have all of the same "service fees" on my bill out here.

I also get my auto insurance from MPIC (another crown corp) and pay MORE in Manitoba than I did in Alberta.

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 11:28 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    02 Blown X

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Why don't you just pay the full amount due each month and rack up a giant credit?

Then if they never figure it out you either get a check if you switch providers or a whole bunch of free utilities once enough time has passed you know they won't come after you any longer.

That way if they ever take the money back, no harm done.
    I was thinking of doing that, but given the way Enmax operates, I was concerned any excess I deposited may also get returned to somebody else. So in the meantime, Enmax just automatically takes the difference from my bank account each month.

I'll post up what happens next. Although it has been about 3 months already.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Originally posted by Mibz
    Pardon me while I apply at Enmax as a Logician to solve this insanely complex and utterly baffling problem with no obvious solution using nothing but the POWER OF LOGIC.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by Cos

The reason it seems that our bills are half bullshit is because it is half bullshit. If you look at BC I was paying $36.00 every TWO MONTHS for my apartment. They charge you x.xx amount per kw/h and that is what you pay. Zero usage zero charge. Here there are minimum levels to maintain services. That is a rate set to pay all the bills of Hydro, all the generation, and pay for school taxes in all of BC.
    You were lucky having no delivery charge, I had one with my house in Vernon, $0.09/day, massive I know
    I miss the days of my $37-$75 electricity bills (I had electric heat so in the winter the bills doubled).... Right now with my house if my electric bill is under $120 I am surprised.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    Axis powers

Anyone try to convert their enmax bill to epost? It doesn't fucking work lol.

So frustrating to deal with.
    mine works, no issues

wish there were more companies available
    Sig nuked by mod.

I don't quite get the need for e-post. I pay all my bills online just through my bank. (utilities, Shaw, city taxes, even RevCan payments) Why the need to go through another 3rd party?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast