Quantcast
Meet The All-New 2016 Audi Q7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Meet The All-New 2016 Audi Q7

Default Meet The All-New 2016 Audi Q7

Today, Audi showed off its all-new 2016 Q7. The largest SUV in their line-up (until the arrival of the Q8 anyway) was long overdue for a redesign as the now decade old first generation was looking a little outdated, even with the minor facelifts over the past several years giving the Q7 updated headlights, taillights, wheels and updated electronics and infotainment options. The new Q7 is the first to utilize the new MLB platform. The new platform along with increased use of aluminum allowed Audi to shed over 700 pounds off the current generation Q7.

Read More:
    http://www.beyond.ca/meet-the-all-ne...-q7/50529.html
    ---

700 pounds, holy shit. It's like Sugarphreak's Mom fell out the back.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Interior is amazing!

That looks incredible, inside and out. Looks so much better too, I was never a fan of the previous Q7 - this one looks more like a big Q5. And 700lbs

Hopefully you can get the 4.0TT V8 in this and not just the 3.0T.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    That looks incredible, inside and out. Looks so much better too, I was never a fan of the previous Q7 - this one looks more like a big Q5. And 700lbs

Hopefully you can get the 4.0TT V8 in this and not just the 3.0T.
    I would say this time around there should probably be an SQ7 so that is a good possibility.

I like it a lot though for a nice softroader. Perhaps Merc could learn from audi and make their garmins retractable instead of glued on

My Ride
    Bicycle

Did you guys see this 10.1" tablet that's suppose to come with Q7?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/07/t...oull-ever-own/

And looks like Car Play and Android Auto is both supported too..

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/08/a...o-and-carplay/

Originally posted by schocker
    Perhaps Merc could learn from audi and make their garmins retractable instead of glued on
    So, we've given so much shit for the tacked-on tablet look, that I fully expected to sit in this thing and think "Eh, I actually don't mind the iPad look".

But godamn. It's so significant having a retractable screen. The dash and center console look so clean with the screen down, and with the virtual cockpit, or whatever they call that shit, there isn't much use for the screen in the first place.

Not even two years ago we specifically bought Nav not because we needed Nav, but because we wanted the screen. Now I hope center screens get phased out in favour of the multipurpose gauge cluster. Doubt it's gonna happen, but the Q7 did a great job of proving it's feasible.

Depending on handling/power, I would seriously consider cross-shopping an SQ7 with a Cayenne.

Is there anyways to make it so we can view the images like a slideshow (clicking next/previous) rather than having to load each image on a new page?! 1997 called, they want their image viewing blah blah blah back

as for the car, too much chrome!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Mibz
    So, we've given so much shit for the tacked-on tablet look, that I fully expected to sit in this thing and think "Eh, I actually don't mind the iPad look".

But godamn. It's so significant having a retractable screen. The dash and center console look so clean with the screen down, and with the virtual cockpit, or whatever they call that shit, there isn't much use for the screen in the first place.
    What's the point of a retractable screen when that screen goes away anyways when you shut off the car? Do you really park your car and admire how clean the dash lines look?

The last C class pre facelift had a retractable screen, and they got rid of it because really, it was pretty useless.

If the designers wanted to do a clean look, they shouldn't do an iPad sticking out, retractable or not, in the first place. But alas, that's the direction everyone seems to be going.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

So rage2 and I just had a 30 second discussion about this. When I got in the Q7, the screen didn't pop up until I selected "Nav". I assumed you could drive around with the screen down. Thing is, maybe it only behaves that way when the car is off. If the screen automatically (and/or forcefully) opens when the car is on then it's kinda useless.

I guess we'll have to see once they get reviewed.

If CarPlay and Android Auto can be controlled from the virtual cockpit, there really would be no point in that center screen.
    ---

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Mibz
    So rage2 and I just had a 30 second discussion about this. When I got in the Q7, the screen didn't pop up until I selected "Nav". I assumed you could drive around with the screen down. Thing is, maybe it only behaves that way when the car is off. If the screen automatically (and/or forcefully) opens when the car is on then it's kinda useless.

I guess we'll have to see once they get reviewed.
    A6 can be driven with screen down. As far as I recall, it remember last position so if you have it down, it's not back up until you call for it, mainly for enter address as the gauge cluster will also show nav direction once address is entered.

Originally posted by kenny
    If CarPlay and Android Auto can be controlled from the virtual cockpit, there really would be no point in that center screen.
    Since the new TT has virtual cockpit only, that's will be the only way to do CarPlay and Android Auto if it's ever offered in that car. And if they do it in the TT, I'm sure it's not hard to fit it in the rest of the Audi line.

I have a stinking feeling that these options will only offer when you equip the car with that 10.1" Tablet. And that tablet will be no less than $3K.

That said, Q7 look ugly IMO. It looks like a mid 90's Mazda minivan than a $80K SUV. I really hopes Q5 doesn't follow this design language.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-13-2015 at 03:22 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by kenny
    Center screen is for likely passenger. Early drives of the TT-RS which has virtual cockpit and no center screen drew complaints that the passenger can't see audio, NAV, etc.

Would be a nightmare if my wife and I went on a long trip and when she was driving she had full control over the music.
    Last edited by heavyD; 01-13-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Originally posted by heavyD

Center screen is for likely passenger. Early drives of the TT-RS which has virtual cockpit and no center screen drew complaints that the passenger can't see audio, NAV, etc.

Would be a nightmare if my wife and I went on a long trip and when she was driving she had full control over the music.
    The Q7 has tablets which allow any passenger to send addresses to nav, choose music, check fluid levels, reset CEL? haha etc. No need for that center screen.
    ---