Quantcast
CREB's Economic Forecast - Summarized by Calgary Herald - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: CREB's Economic Forecast - Summarized by Calgary Herald

My Ride
    This and that.

Okay...in that case if they aren't going to go down now then they essentially never will, right? So might as well get something now before they go up even more? Am I missing something here?

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Okay...in that case if they aren't going to go down now then they essentially never will, right? So might as well get something now before they go up even more? Am I missing something here?
    Prices will go down. They have not went down yet. Nothing has happened yet. Oil prices are down. People are getting laid off. It takes time for prices to adjust. If they do you might get a 10% discount (that's my opinion).

Originally posted by rizfarmer

My remarks above still stand though.... things will get worse before they get better for some.
    Things will also get better before they get worse for some.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by G
    rage has an overleveraged asshole.
    haha apparently. I want the real estate market to crash so I can invest low. I want the 1M+ properties to tank so I can upgrade cheaply. I've wanted this for a long time, and it still hasn't happened.

Prices will go down, but it won't tank. That's just the reality in the short to medium term.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by roopi

Prices will go down. They have not went down yet. Nothing has happened yet. Oil prices are down. People are getting laid off. It takes time for prices to adjust. If they do you might get a 10% discount (that's my opinion).
    Prices have already dropped. The stats can be deceiving since the number is sitting around 0%. This means we have already lost all gains from 2014 which I believe was around 6-7%.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, but month to month comparisons are always tough to gauge, especially in January as it's the slowest month. I'd say by March we'd have a clear picture of WTF is happening with prices.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Okay guys, I shall see if I can wait until March then. I was contemplating booking a new condo in The Orchard in downtown but might not be a bad idea to wait and see what happens first I guess.

Originally posted by rage2

It's not like unemployment is going to spike 15%. Most of the laid off folks get new jobs, and life goes on.
    That is assuming they get new jobs in Alberta and don't move back east.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Okay guys, I shall see if I can wait until March then. I was contemplating booking a new condo in The Orchard in downtown but might not be a bad idea to wait and see what happens first I guess.
    I've been talking about SFH prices. I still think it's artificially propped up by the lack of growth. Condos, I think it'll crash quite a bit in prices this year, 10-20% woud be what I'd bet on. Lots of new projects coming online, it'll get hurt way more than SFH's. I'm no expert tho, but it'd be interesting to see in a year how accurate my guesses are haha.

Originally posted by sputnik
    That is assuming they get new jobs in Alberta and don't move back east.
    If I remember right, 2010 had a flat population change. If oil prices stay fucked for 2-3 years, all bets are off.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rage2

I've been talking about SFH prices. I still think it's artificially propped up by the lack of growth. Condos, I think it'll crash quite a bit in prices this year, 10-20% woud be what I'd bet on. Lots of new projects coming online, it'll get hurt way more than SFH's. I'm no expert tho, but it'd be interesting to see in a year how accurate my guesses are haha.
    Have the same feeling on downtown condo. A lot of these completed units are bought by flippers. If rental vacancy eases, these flippers may not have income to keep them around for long, forcing them to dump and drive down price.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Have the same feeling on downtown condo. A lot of these completed units are bought by flippers. If rental vacancy eases, these flippers may not have income to keep them around for long, forcing them to dump and drive down price.
    If timing works out - that's when I'll buy

My Ride
    Bicycle

Timing. I expect prices won't go down until it really hits home til fall anyway.

Just make sure you keep an eye on what you want so you know what the drop is.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by roopi
    A couple of condos I showed last week have dropped $20k already. Some adjustments are already happening.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3