Quantcast
Airdrie...cons? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Airdrie...cons?

Originally posted by Sonic

To clarify when I say North Calgary I'm referring to Beddington and above... More specifically the newer areas like Panorama Coventry and soon to be Evanston, Sage and Nolan...
    You stated though that having a ctrain station = degradation of the neighbourhood. If that were true it wouldn't be half a mil to get into a fixer upper in those neighbourhoods I mentioned....

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by J-hop
    You stated though that having a ctrain station = degradation of the neighbourhood. If that were true it wouldn't be half a mil to get into a fixer upper in those neighbourhoods I mentioned....
    The NW line has been decent for not fucking over the communities. At first there were bottle pickers, but after realizing how many hills there are around here that has stopped. Only crime nowadays are racist graffiti.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

Originally posted by J-hop

I'll admit I might be wrong about the train, but you can't deny that the northern communities I mentioned are becoming more and more like the NE every day. Coventry became shit a few years ago, then the last couple of years it spread to Panarama, and it's already starting in the the Sage/Nolan/Evanston area. When we lived there there were already a few drugs houses popping up and tons of break ins both cars and houses and just "undesirable" people overall, more and more renters, etc....don't get me wrong, there's a lot of nice decent people now with young families there, but that's how Coventry started too.

Will Airdrie ever get like that? Not likely....like most of you said, it's just too damn far and the town itself just doesn't attract people. We have some trailer trash but that's about it....when's the last time you seen gang bangers in Airdrie?

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Been here over a year now, opinion hasn't changed yet. If I move again in the next few years it'll be to get further away from Calgary

Originally posted by Sonic

I'll admit I might be wrong about the train, but you can't deny that the northern communities I mentioned are becoming more and more like the NE every day. Coventry became shit a few years ago, then the last couple of years it spread to Panarama, and it's already starting in the the Sage/Nolan/Evanston area. When we lived there there were already a few drugs houses popping up and tons of break ins both cars and houses and just "undesirable" people overall, more and more renters, etc....don't get me wrong, there's a lot of nice decent people now with young families there, but that's how Coventry started too.

Will Airdrie ever get like that? Not likely....like most of you said, it's just too damn far and the town itself just doesn't attract people. We have some trailer trash but that's about it....when's the last time you seen gang bangers in Airdrie?
    I don't know man, airdrie doesn't have the best track record. Like any urban center it has its crime.

Straight from the airdrie echo 2015:

The city scored 81.64 on the crime severity index—which measures changes in the level of severity of crime in municipalities across Canada--up from 64.58 in 2014.
    Airdrie City numbers rank higher than others in the Calgary region, with Okotoks sitting at 52.59, Chestermere at 55.79, Cochrane at 79.47 and Calgary at 77.32.

All how you look at it. Airdrie IMO isn't better or worse than Calgary, just different. It isn't small town rural, it's a city. It isn't free of crime it's just as full of it as other urban centres...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7