Quantcast
2016-2017 NBA Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 2016-2017 NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But it's the same as draft picks though. Lottery draft picks (especially the top 5) know they're being picked, but to actually get picked is still a big deal.
    Getting drafted is a way bigger deal for just about every player in the NBA. It's the culmination of probably a decade's worth of hard work and marks the transition from a life of poverty to being set for life (even though a lot of players blow it all). That has a much bigger effect on someone's life than winning a championship.

A more accurate description of Durant's moment would sound something like 'multi-millionaire wins easiest road to championship in history'. KD is a league MVP in his prime who joined a 73 win team and torched thru the playoffs. There was virtually no struggle on that road to victory. The only game they lost in the playoffs was after sweeping thru the entire playoffs and being up 3-0. Media will write fluff stories cuz that's what they do. KD joining GSW is like beating NBA 2K on beginner mode.

PG trade bait is gonna get nuts. Free agency and draft is more interesting than games these days.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A more accurate description of Durant's moment would sound something like 'multi-millionaire wins easiest road to championship in history'. KD is a league MVP in his prime who joined a 73 win team and torched thru the playoffs. There was virtually no struggle on that road to victory. The only game they lost in the playoffs was after sweeping thru the entire playoffs and being up 3-0. Media will write fluff stories cuz that's what they do. KD joining GSW is like beating NBA 2K on beginner mode.
    So like the Team USA Dream Teams where they get chosen for the most all-star of all-star teams and roll over every country.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Interesting few days now, as I said, more excitement in the offseason than watching the game
    1) Dwight Howard must be livid... traded from his hometown for a bag of balls basically
    2) I think the lakers were really hoping to trade for the first but couldn't swing it. 76ers are making great moves to add so much young talent, Fultz will be a great addition to that team, lakers missed out. I was curious what the hell they were going to do about D Russ, it was clear his teammates would never really accept him there after the shit he pulled. Now they get a much better big man for the season, and I'm guessing they are still going to draft Lonzo... unless they surprise with Fox. Jackson won't be a laker after dumping Russ off.
    3) Paul George has definitely just shit on the pacers, at first I didn't think Lakers would offer shit, but the 27/28th pick + either Randle or Clarkson seems a good chunk to give up in order to not wait 1 season, but you are a prime market and the last 3 seasons have been brutal for that franchise.
    4) I fucking hate the bulls (fan since I was young, big surprise). How the hell can you consider trading away Butler... guy is young, wants to be there and is a legit all-star. And you want to swap him for the 3rd pick? Cause Jackson or whoever you have your eyes on is going to be better... cmon man
    5) Knicks organization is a joke, Phil Jackson is ruining that franchise and should be dismissed. Go snipe a guy like Chauncey before Cavs do
    6) Gilbert is the worst owner in probably all of major sports (can't think of one worse right now). His firing of Griffin is absurd, among countless other things he has done.

Markelle Fultz's game reminds me a lot of Damian Lillard which is really good but is that worthy of trading a bunch of assets and a #1 overall pick?

Josh Jackson will more likely than not be a BUST. There's been so many athletic wings who can't shoot straight drafted in the lottery in the past decade and end up being busts. The rest of the draft is really anybody's guess. As a GM, individual workouts are pretty useless. Just about every NBA level player looks amazing running and shooting in a gym alone.

Lonzo has the highest ceiling and most star potential out of this draft.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Westbrook gets MVP. I'm not surprised, but I don't think he was the most deserving (which is not meant as an indictment on him).
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4