Quantcast
Street racing accident this weekend - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Street racing accident this weekend

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Street racing accident this weekend

Just had a chat with a police officer pal of mine, and he told me that there was a major accident this weekend at the street races over at timmy's. Apparantly, an eagle talon was running from the cops, lost control and crashed heavily, sending the driver to hospital. Let's wish the driver of the talon a speedy recovery regardless of the events that led up to the accident. I don't know too much of the details, he heard from a fellow officer and passed the info down to me.

On a related note, the cops are looking at starting another crackdown soon because of this incident, so start slowing down, and hide those big exhaust tips. And for the street racers that might frequent here (I know there are a few), please, let this be a lesson learned, and hope you understand how serious and real street racing can get in a blink of an eye.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Highlander

Default Re: Street racing accident this weekend

Originally posted by rage2
    Just had a chat with a police officer pal of mine, and he told me that there was a major accident this weekend at the street races over at timmy's. Apparantly, an eagle talon was running from the cops, lost control and crashed heavily, sending the driver to hospital. Let's wish the driver of the talon a speedy recovery regardless of the events that led up to the accident. I don't know too much of the details, he heard from a fellow officer and passed the info down to me.
    Well from friends and a family member that were in the area of the accident on Saturday night, the details are pretty much what you said, he was running from the police at over 200 km/h, lost control of the car, hit another car, flipped a few times and then landed in a big lot of semi trucks, doing damage to four of the trucks within the area that he landed in. Apparently the driver (who is a member on this forum) and his passenger are both alright and were taken to hospital for stitches and a few other repairs but should be okay. However, I don't see the driver being able to drive for a long while given the fact that this is his 2nd or 3rd written off car in a year and a half...

Keep it on the track guys, it's getting scarry out there! Hopefully this shows a few people that you arent invisible and it CAN happen to anyone.
    Last edited by Melinda; 06-29-2004 at 11:15 AM.

lol...they run from the cops, putting the public at risk, crash and injure themselves and I should wish them a speedy recovery.

its a good thing that no one innocent was hurt in this one...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 4G63Power
    lol...they run from the cops, putting the public at risk, crash and injure themselves and I should wish them a speedy recovery.
    I'm sure we've all done stupid stuff when we're young... who are we to judge? I know I certainly haven't been an angel in my younger years.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

I'm sure we've all done stupid stuff when we're young... who are we to judge? I know I certainly haven't been an angel in my younger years.
    Unfortunately my friend was the passenger in that car, and he is alright. Don't mean to sound like an ass but hopefully this time around the driver learned his lesson. They were very lucky they walked away from that.

as stupid as street racing is, why would you want to see someone get hurt? some people cant learn from other peoples mistakes, they need to make their own.

on another note...maybe i should switch my stock exhaust back in

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

from what I saw and talked to the officers on scene...
    The talon was travleing on 52nd at a high rate of speed est over 170 kph.
    The road has a s curve in it the talon could not make the turn hit the grass spun out hit a pole then hit a semi truck (actually moved the truck about 5 feet) and then hit another pole.
    I was trying to get some pics but they would not let me.
    I guess the talon owner had wrote off his bmw not even a week earlier......

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

2 days ago there was 2 cars a jetta and a cavalier racing side by side on a residential road. (my road) I was just sitting down and heard some fast cars going by and said " well someone is speeding" but my Dad told me they were racing.

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

what amazes me most is why the parents would even let their kid drive again after writting off 2 or 3 cars in the past year.

at any rate, i hope he gets better soon and learns his lesson... after the 3rd time

My Ride
    WRX

We have all been guilty of stupid speeding at time or another, I hope the guy is OK.

Originally posted by Skylinelover
    2 days ago there was 2 cars a jetta and a cavalier racing side by side on a residential road. (my road) I was just sitting down and heard some fast cars going by and said " well someone is speeding" but my Dad told me they were racing.
    Did he tuck you in after?

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Originally posted by sputnik
    its a good thing that no one innocent was hurt in this one...
    Agreed.

True as well. However, no matter what I was doing, I knew it was useless to try to "outrun" the police. I don't care how fast you're driving, you're not going to outrun a radio.

However, considering that no-one died, no innocent people were injured, and those involved are healing up, let's just hope that everyone learns a valuable lesson here. "Say no to street racing. Keep it on the track." Hmmm. I know I've heard that somewhere before?

Originally posted by hatetank
    We have all been guilty of stupid speeding at time or another, I hope the guy is OK.

Yeah, cruising down deerfoot at 140km/h is better than 170 down 52nd.

Hope your okay man, spread the word about not doing it again.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Ya, trying to outrun the cops at 200km/h doesn't qualify any sympathy. I hope he does not recover. That way I know he will never drive again. Beyond that, he had 2 passengers with him?? Yea, that guy needs to learn the ultimate lesson......
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

oh no...i hope it wasn't this guy I know...

i know he's been to timmy's a few times and he drives a champagne/gold coloured talon of the generation before the most current.

My Ride
    Turbod Honda

His name is Bimmer PETE, I heard on sunday what happened. he's not the brightest of guys.

My Ride
    pedals

you know him huh? what is done to his talon

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
    from what I saw and talked to the officers on scene...
    The talon was travleing on 52nd at a high rate of speed est over 170 kph.
    The road has a s curve in it the talon could not make the turn hit the grass spun out hit a pole then hit a semi truck (actually moved the truck about 5 feet) and then hit another pole.
    I was trying to get some pics but they would not let me.
    I guess the talon owner had wrote off his bmw not even a week earlier......

Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
    His name is Bimmer PETE, I heard on sunday what happened. he's not the brightest of guys.

That is the guy, and I know its wrong to speak of ppl behind their backs...but and I hope him and his friends read this...I am sorry it was so serious but a lesson needed to be learned...yes we all goof off on the streets, drive orverly agressive sometimes...BUT, there is a very fine line and he crossed it FAR too many times...Hopefully lesson learned and what Legendboy said may be a lil harsh but it is a reality...
    Last edited by EK 2.0; 06-29-2004 at 08:17 PM.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by hjr
    you know him huh? what is done to his talon

he blew up the first motor too much boost AFTER me telling him when he came to me for advice on what to do...running a T28 with stock EVERYTHING, no fuel mods or exhaust mods...just a boost controller...THEN swapped in a 1G, he said JDM but I am not so sure...and this happens...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast