Quantcast
Insurance BS - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance BS

My Ride
    01 Carrera 4S, 05 350Z

Default Insurance BS

Normally I don't rant but my insurance called today and said someone reported me driving wrecklessly. They said they would raise my premium if it were to keep up. I have no f-ing idea where they got this info from but its complete BS. I barely ever drive and whenever I do I don't drive like an ass. I think they are trying to screw me because: 1. I am young and 2. I am paying 600 a year for insurance. I have no tickets or claims for the past 2 years since I started driving when I was 16.

What shall I do? Switch?

Presently I am with State Farm.

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

u pay 600 a year? AND YOU WANNA SWITCH!??

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

yah, im 18 no tickets (knock on wood forsure) no accidents. i pay 1700 dont complain.

My Ride
    01 Carrera 4S, 05 350Z

Well I'm not complaining now but if they do raise my insurance that would be dumb. I could go report the parked Civic in my parking lot right now based on the info they gave me. I don't like being labeled as a "wreckless driver" when I'm not.

Modified car for only 600 a year?

Mind telling us how we can do that? Even with PLPD on the grid you would have to be over 25.

My Ride
    01 Carrera 4S, 05 350Z

Originally posted by QuasarCav
    Modified car for only 600 a year?

Mind telling us how we can do that? Even with PLPD on the grid you would have to be over 25.
    They don't know that its modded and they don't need to know. Its not like its driven everyday. I don't know why its so cheap and its full coverage. It used to be 900.00 2 years ago and just kept going down every year. But the last few weeks I drove the car a lot less since someone slashed my tires in my parking lot. I'm guessing someone hates me and reported fake shit.

My Ride
    cars

They can't do anything about your insurance until you're actually ticketed with something.. If that were the case people would be calling in all the time with reports of wreckless drivers.. I would just stick with the insurance you have it's a pretty good deal.

If they call you again tell them it was your ex girlfriend that has been calling in because you gave her herpes, I guarentee they will never call you again.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Cheap insurance from State Farm is possible if your parents are also insured thru them for a long time.

But $600 is almost impossible these days. Yes, you don't have to report mods but by not reporting, you just give them some reasons to wiggle out of payments when accident does occur.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Unless he's not the primary driver....
    Secondary drivers pay a lot less, just a side thought.

They can't do crap to your rates, not for somebody calling in, you would have to get demerits before they can up your rates, or be involved in a claim.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

I'd be curious as to find out how they know this.

I don't even think the DMV keeps track of this information?

i wouldn't worry about it. i would have told them to pound sand, but that's me. 600$ is unreal.

i pay 1600 which is pretty darn good considering most of my friends pay 500 a month

Something does not add up here. How would the person know that you were covered with state farm. People phone the police to complain about a driver not State Farm Insurance.

Something is fishy!!

My Ride
    02 Accord

obviously the guys the 2nd driver for the car... So its insured under his parents... hes just scared to say it, cause he wants to look as if its his car. No biggie dude I was like that too when i was young, dont complain about 600 dollars a year insruance, thats less then 3 months coverage for me

My Ride
    2000 323i

Yeh. And that's right, they should complain to the police, who are supposed to mail you a notice that you were reported by a civilian who saw you driving recklessly. If you got no notice, and insurance is calling you, ask them where the hell they got their information.
    Mike

Originally posted by modded46

If they call you again tell them it was your ex girlfriend that has been calling in because you gave her herpes, I guarentee they will never call you again.

Originally posted by EnRich
    obviously the guys the 2nd driver for the car... So its insured under his parents... hes just scared to say it, cause he wants to look as if its his car. No biggie dude I was like that too when i was young, dont complain about 600 dollars a year insruance, thats less then 3 months coverage for me

u e-pimp you...

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by pr0

They don't know that its modded and they don't need to know.
    That is until they find out and deny your claim and drop you and your parents...

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

^^^ I hate it when they drop your parents casue of your mistakes... Kinda why i am looking for a place right now But how the feck do people pay $600 a year for insurance when my parents dont even pay that.... and my dad is 70!
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    01 Carrera 4S, 05 350Z

Originally posted by benyl

That is until they find out and deny your claim and drop you and your parents...
    I don't plan on making any claims.

Originally posted by EnRich
    You'd be surprised. It is under my name and not my parents. My parents don't drive. My dad used to drive, but he got rid of his van alooong time ago.

Anyways, I don't know what the fooo is going on but until they actually do something I won't complain.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast