Quantcast
Insurance question... 2 cars, different seasons? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Insurance question... 2 cars, different seasons?

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Default Insurance question... 2 cars, different seasons?

I was just wondering what it is like to insure a beater for the winter, then your normal car for the summer? would it be higher than insuring say a civic for the whole year? could you just drop your insurance for 6months or whatever and just get liability on the beater? anyone with experiences info? thanks
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    335i

Nope, probably the same, since you can't drive both cars at the same time.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Keep fire, theft and vandalism coverage on the car you aren't driving. You should get a discount for having multiple cars.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

yeah my civic would be garaged and i would keep theft/fire insurance and what not still going.. anyone else??
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

My Ride
    Acura RSX-S, 1.7 EL

yeah it's only like 8 bucks a month for theft and fire. totally worth it....and about it being cheaper or not to "swap" cars? it totally depends on the car.

My Ride
    91 MR2 turbo

what's the beater car u have? if it is a shit beater then ya it would be really cheap but it depends on the beater u have.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

it will probably be an AE86..