Quantcast
No wonder everyone thinks BMW drivers are douchebags... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: No wonder everyone thinks BMW drivers are douchebags...

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Default No wonder everyone thinks BMW drivers are douchebags...

This happened yesterday at roughly 8:30 pm. I was driving down MacLeod Trail coming over the hill near the Shaw building, when I hear this horrible bumblebee noise.

I look to my right and see this arse in a black E36 sedan rip over the hill, must have been doing close to 110 KM/H, and had to jam hard on the brakes just to be able to stop at the red light near the Toyota dealer.

Off the green, this idiot goes hard at it again, and I just idle up to my cruising speed, he's now football fields ahead of me.

Next light, SAME IDIOT. You'd think going 110 in a 60 would let you beat the lights, no? Now there is a late model BMW X5, beige in colour beside him. Light goes green, and these morons start racing each other.

They did this all the way down MacLeod until the idiot in the E36 pulled off before the bridge near Heritage. And then there was me, just slowly accelerating, hoping that I wouldn't get clumped in with the two idiots who just happen to drive the same brand of vehicle as me.

It was like watching two grown retards kicking sand at each other.

If either of those two heros are on here, you're a couple of wankers, take it to the track before you kill someone.
    Last edited by TorqueDog; 05-19-2008 at 12:34 PM.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    A Whineeer

Who cares...Honestly who REALLY gives a fuck? Do you have any idea how many people try to race me/ I see race down busy roads? It's not going to change anytime soon, peoples ego's are too big to go to the track because they know all these neons will be putting their m3's, etc to shame.. Street racing isn't going to stop, even with the seriouse consequences implemented. It's not just beemer drivers either everyone does it. If I ranted about every car that tried to get me to go, I would have taken up all of beyond.ca's bandwith.
    Last edited by obliterate8; 05-19-2008 at 12:40 PM.

you drive an m5.. don't you think 'your kind' would like to show off to you?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by rp_guy

and your title is wrong, it should be, "No Wonder Everyone KNOWS BMW Owners Are Douchebags"
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    eg

here we go again... .. .
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Originally posted by rp_guy

HAHAHHAHA

Dude... you set yourself up now... and I've made quite the name for myself on Beyond so... watch out

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by Bimmer88
    Dude... you set yourself up now... and I've made quite the name for myself on Beyond so... watch out
    Yeah, after the first couple replies, I kinda got that feeling... fuck, you'd think it was a story about ME racing, and I drive, for the most part, like someone's granddad.

It's okay, we all have our generalizations, likes and dislikes. For example, I feel that Toyota drivers are quite possibly the most out-to-lunch, clueless bunch of idiots on the road. If there's someone in the passing lane on the motorway keeping everyone backlogged, good chance it's a Toyota driver, as has been my experience. Someone who forgot that the light turned green five seconds ago? Toyota driver.

So we're even, as far as I'm concerned.
    -James

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Did the e36 also have black wheels? Cause I've never seen him driving like an idiot

I do agree with you about the cluelessness of toyota drivers, mostly fairly new corollas. The only people who buy those cars are ones who don't really give a shit what they drive and have no clue what they're doing.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    Subaru GR

damm, thought this thread would be about me At first if you don't succeed, try try again.....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    Wheel Barrow

honda drivers seem best i think

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Its funny all the name calling that goes on with Bimmer owners. I'm probably the most courteous and respetful driver most people will ever see on the roads, as are every other BMW driver I've seen most often then not. I've never seen any "douchebag" weave in between traffic, or do half the stuff you guys call out. The biggest douche bags I personally see on the roads are these idiot kids with their riced out civics trying to race me all the time, or weave in between traffic.
    Trying to overcompensate for something are we?
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by Eleanor
    Did the e36 also have black wheels? Cause I've never seen him driving like an idiot

I do agree with you about the cluelessness of toyota drivers, mostly fairly new corollas. The only people who buy those cars are ones who don't really give a shit what they drive and have no clue what they're doing.
    Can't remember 110%, but I don't believe it had black wheels. Looked pretty much stock, although it sounded like he replaced his muffler with a replica made out of tin-foil... sounded horrible.

Toyota drivers buy their cars like they buy their appliances. It gets them from point A to point B. Unfortunately, they know SFA about road etiquitte.
    Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Its funny all the name calling that goes on with Bimmer owners. I'm probably the most courteous and respetful driver most people will ever see on the roads, as are every other BMW driver I've seen most often then not. I've never seen any "douchebag" weave in between traffic, or do half the stuff you guys call out. The biggest douche bags I personally see on the roads are these idiot kids with their riced out civics trying to race me all the time, or weave in between traffic.
    Trying to overcompensate for something are we?
    x2! When I see someone coming up behind me and I'm erroneously in the passing lane, I move to the right to let them pass. I don't cut people off, but I do exercise my right of way. I let people in when they signal. In no way should I be commended for doing these things; it's called courtesy, and it should be expected of from all drivers.
    -James

My Ride
    03 4Runner LTD

Best be carefull talking about Toy owners, some of us drive 4 runners and we're apt to drive over the top of your lovely bimmer.
    Thanks

My Ride
    Busa

You think bimmer drivers are bad?

Try riding a bike. I can't pull up to a stop light without some civic beside me bouncing off the rev limiter.

It's like... I'm fairly certain I could make it down the quarter mile and back before you make it to the end. Why would I want to risk your dumbass swerving into me for that kind of excitement?

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by wts
    Best be carefull talking about Toy owners, some of us drive 4 runners and we're apt to drive over the top of your lovely bimmer.
    OH noes look out here comes the get along gang in their 4-Runners.

How does your apartment run over a BMW anyways? Seems odd.

Originally posted by obliterate8
    Who cares...Honestly who REALLY gives a fuck? Do you have any idea how many people try to race me/ I see race down busy roads? It's not going to change anytime soon, peoples ego's are too big to go to the track because they know all these neons will be putting their m3's, etc to shame.. Street racing isn't going to stop, even with the seriouse consequences implemented. It's not just beemer drivers either everyone does it. If I ranted about every car that tried to get me to go, I would have taken up all of beyond.ca's bandwith.
    I care, now sit the fuck down 08.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by Kona9

OH noes look out here comes the get along gang in their 4-Runners.

How does your apartment run over a BMW anyways? Seems odd.
    haha I think he meant abt, "about" to run over their bmw's.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I care, now sit the fuck down 08.

haha fuck
    Cos...

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

That escalated quickly.
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast