Quantcast
Idiots driving with high-beams and burned out brake lights *rant* - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Idiots driving with high-beams and burned out brake lights *rant*

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by toastgremlin
    Instant license revocation on the spot and fifty days in the gulag.
    This, my god.

I see so many idiots driving around on DRLs at night.

I fucking hate this. I'm going to install a PA system so I can start yelling at people. I equally detest those who drive around with the highbeams on, or the DRLs.

Personally I blame modern dash layouts. Back in the day, if you didn't turn on your headlights you couldn't see your dash and it made it impossible to forget. Now so many of them are backlit and basically look exactly the same with the lights on or off. Exception: Subaru used to let you leave the lights in the on position, but they would still turn off with the key. No big deal, leave them on all the time I guess?

Then there's these idiot manufacturers with their auto headlights. Great idea, but only as good as the execution. GM has 3 positions; Auto, Parking, On. Great. Impossible to fuck up. When it's dark, your headlights will be on. Mazda has all the same, plus a fourth setting; off. What the shit? If someone isn't exactly the most observant person ever, and you put them in a car with a dash that lights up all the time, you had better fucking have automatic headlights. You set it to auto, and send them on their way, which works great until they take it in for service and for some reason the tech sets them to the forced off mode.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

We set them to off because we don't like staring into lit headlights when the car is lifted to chest height.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by zieg
    Personally I blame modern dash layouts. Back in the day, if you didn't turn on your headlights you couldn't see your dash and it made it impossible to forget. Now so many of them are backlit and basically look exactly the same with the lights on or off. Exception: Subaru used to let you leave the lights in the on position, but they would still turn off with the key. No big deal, leave them on all the time I guess?

Then there's these idiot manufacturers with their auto headlights. Great idea, but only as good as the execution. GM has 3 positions; Auto, Parking, On. Great. Impossible to fuck up. When it's dark, your headlights will be on. Mazda has all the same, plus a fourth setting; off. What the shit? If someone isn't exactly the most observant person ever, and you put them in a car with a dash that lights up all the time, you had better fucking have automatic headlights. You set it to auto, and send them on their way, which works great until they take it in for service and for some reason the tech sets them to the forced off mode.
    Picked up a Vibe recently. Has Off/Parking/On. But off=auto. And the sensor is right next to the pillar. If the sun casts a shadow on it, I'm driving with my lights on in broad daylight...

I like having the option to turn it off... What if I'm following a guy late at night and don't want to be seen???
    *before you tell me that DRL's are going to rat me out, you should know DRL's don't activate if you don't let the hand brake all the way down, in my Honda anyways.

Originally posted by jwslam

Picked up a Vibe recently. Has Off/Parking/On. But off=auto. And the sensor is right next to the pillar. If the sun casts a shadow on it, I'm driving with my lights on in broad daylight...

I like having the option to turn it off... What if I'm following a guy late at night and don't want to be seen???
    *before you tell me that DRL's are going to rat me out, you should know DRL's don't activate if you don't let the hand brake all the way down, in my Honda anyways.
    Good point. But if you're a good stalker, you already have a switch that kills your headlights AND brake lights.

Originally posted by Sentry
    We set them to off because we don't like staring into lit headlights when the car is lifted to chest height.
    Well when I worked at a dealer, admittedly ages before auto headlights were a thing, we always tried to return the car to the customer with all the settings in the same position. What task are you doing that has the car lifted up while turned on?
    dv/dt

My Ride
    G37X

My squinty Asian eyes are immune to your high beams
    Quote of the year..holy!! Spat out my coffee

I wish all cars were like my 98 Camaro..auto headlights as soon as the sensor sees black. Tunnels etc. Awesome. My 09 Civic requires you to twist the stalk to turn them on. Not a big deal, but come on. Auto!!

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Shouldn't even be a headlight switch. Just on all the time

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by zieg
    Well when I worked at a dealer, admittedly ages before auto headlights were a thing, we always tried to return the car to the customer with all the settings in the same position. What task are you doing that has the car lifted up while turned on?
    On a lot of cars with auto lights, the lights stay on after the car is turned off unless you lock the door or wait 5-10 minutes.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by InRich
    ^bahahaha! that made my morning, lol! nicely done
    Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    Quote of the year..holy!! Spat out my coffee
    I'm glad you both find enjoyment in my difficulties of putting in contact lenses.

My Ride
    G37X

I'm glad you both find enjoyment in my difficulties of putting in contact lenses.
    I thought I had a hard time @ 5 AM after a long night. How do you do it? Honestly. I feel bad now.

My Ride
    Get off my lawn!

No mention of R-tards driving with Fog lights too. They aren't super bright, but the high dispersion just adds more light output to the front, helping to blind oncoming traffic.

They light up the ground 5' in front of your vehicle... if you are studying that portion of the road while driving in clear and dry weather, you need to adjust some priorities.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Colin_R6
    No mention of R-tards driving with Fog lights too. They aren't super bright, but the high dispersion just adds more light output to the front, helping to blind oncoming traffic.

They light up the ground 5' in front of your vehicle... if you are studying that portion of the road while driving in clear and dry weather, you need to adjust some priorities.
    You must mean: The McKenzie Towne entry level special AKA black ram 1500 with full time fogs and HIDS. Mud flaps are not an option for this package.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Maybe you should get razer eye surgery

My Ride
    G37X

Infiniti does it right, low beams and tail lights on at all times in my G37, even with the lights in the off position.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by relyt92
    Infiniti does it right, low beams and tail lights on at all times in my G37, even with the lights in the off position.
    Same on my M5 and 540i. The Aristo I just leave the switch on all the time and they're only on when the car is running.

Even worse, some lady was coming towards me with high beams IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON. Yes, I know they were high beams because they were bright as hell and when you got close you can see the inside bulb lit and also when I passed, all the other lights were on too. It's like these people just leave all the lights on in the brightest position and drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2