PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Acapulco?

Lex350
08-31-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm taking the family down to Acapulco for two weeks. Anyone know of some must see or nice places to eat? I'm not so much looking for the bar scene.

We are staying here:

http://www.mayanpalace.com/acap/index.cfm?lang=en

Gurpy
08-31-2005, 04:35 PM
Never been to that particular area, but they'll try to sell you a timeshare once you get to the hotel, don't buy it.

Lex350
08-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Actually already bough it about 5 years ago. We got a smoking deal.... We've been to 3 of the other locations.

I understand what you mean about watching out for these things. A friend of mine went through the presentation. They started at a $100,000 package and within 1.5 hours they were down to $15,000 for two weeks + the golf membership + a cfree Cruise.

Its just like buying a car....you can't let them know that you really want it or buy right away.

Gurpy
08-31-2005, 07:08 PM
Ah, I guess it's different at the mayan palace then...my dad got scammed in to buying one at the moon palace, it's an amazing hotel and everything....and would kick ass if we played golf more often (unlimited golf) but it costs a lot of money for us to go every week even on top of the money he paid for the membership.

Edit: Oh yeah, I guess mayan palace is free (except for the maintenance fee) for 2 weeks a year....that wouldn't be so bad...costs us up the ass for every week though hahaha.

Lex350
08-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Gurpy
Ah, I guess it's different at the mayan palace then...my dad got scammed in to buying one at the moon palace, it's an amazing hotel and everything....and would kick ass if we played golf more often (unlimited golf) but it costs a lot of money for us to go every week even on top of the money he paid for the membership.

Edit: Oh yeah, I guess mayan palace is free (except for the maintenance fee) for 2 weeks a year....that wouldn't be so bad...costs us up the ass for every week though hahaha.

like I said, we got in on it early so we didn't pay much. We now only pay around $270 for each week we use it....and that's in a suite with a kitchen!

anuway....what should you do when you go to acapulco?

Gurpy
09-02-2005, 11:53 AM
ohh sweet.

I have no idea actually...sorry, ive only been to cancun

danno567
09-05-2005, 11:43 AM
i went on my way to ixtapa. we hung out at the beach, etc. real touristy, lots of bars. Cant really suggest much. I enjoyed the beach and just hanging out in the sand. that was the best.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-12-2005, 02:10 AM
This is completely off-topic, but if you look in the address bar, this is thread # 100,000! I just thought that was kinda interesting. :D

Nite_Rydah
09-14-2005, 03:18 AM
I'm going to Acapulco for New Years, I wouldn't mind some info about it also

Lex350
09-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Nite_Rydah
I'm going to Acapulco for New Years, I wouldn't mind some info about it also

well I'm there in 4 weeks so I'll post any info I pick up...that is if I ever make it away from the pool bar.