PDA

View Full Version : i have a suggestion!

1995_GTI_VR6
09-01-2005, 02:06 PM
stop delete/closing my threads when all im trying to do is sell my car!!! like what was it this time? like maybe tell me before so i can correct it or have it fixed for next attempt. :thumbsdow i know i should give it maybe more time before i bump it but if in 12 hours the thread is 3 pages back... whos it hurting if i bump it? saying that a tread should have bumps only if a non bump reply has been made or once a week tops is just stupid.

benyl
09-01-2005, 02:12 PM
I am not a mod, so I can't tell you why it was deleted.

What I can tell you is that I remember the topic of your thread and it had the word 'feeler'. If you read the rules, that is not allowed.

The hurt is that if someone is looking for a car, they will look 5-10 pages back or they will do a search for the type of car you are selling. You don't need to bump it everyday.

QuasarCav
09-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Excessive bumping got that thread trashed.

I'm not a mod either but a good rule of thumb is to bump maybe a couple of times a week.

1995_GTI_VR6
09-01-2005, 02:19 PM
yeah thats stupid... if im in the market for a new car but im not sure what i want, im not going to look thru like 15 pages of dead treads. chances are i would only look in the first few then move on.

benyl
09-01-2005, 02:34 PM
haha, glad you see that it is stupid. As it is stupid, I would suggest you advertise somewhere else where you pay to have your advert on the top. Beyond is a free service. Without rules, it would be a worse mess with people bumping every hour.

if you don't like it, don't use it... :banghead:

Ben
09-01-2005, 02:57 PM
You said it yourself, the forum moves fast and it goes 3 pages back in a 12 hour period. Well if you (and everyone else) bumped your thread every few hours, we'd be no father ahead and it would just be a bumpfest. It takes mere seconds to scan the first few pages of the cars for sale, just relax, if people are actually interested in buying a car, they'll take the extra few seconds and scan a few pages back.

We have these rules to keep things equal and sane.

We provide this service free of charge and have a LARGE member base to offer your car to, as such, I would expect some respect and appreciation for that, and see no reason why you should find our rules objectionable or unwarranted. We see no profit from the sale of your vehicle, or anyone elses' for that matter, so please honor the rules set fourth, otherwise find another local forum that offers the same opportunities, and member base without the guidelines you so choose to ignore..

Cheers.

Ben

1995_GTI_VR6
09-01-2005, 03:03 PM
I dont care that it was closed as much as i would have liked a reason. And dont tell me what to do and how to use the FREE service. you ask for respect for this service... all ive asked is for the same. I wanted a reason and maybe notice or a warning before it was closed.

heres a real suggestion: make it less general... you have Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers all in one. make it like only cars only trucks only motorbikes/trailers. or even an Import Marketplace forum and a Euro Marketplace forum and Domestic Marketplace forum.

D'z Nutz
09-01-2005, 03:57 PM
You want a reason? Here's a whole page of reasons. (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1)

I mean, you're aware of what the rules are, and yet you choose to ignore them? What do you expect? It even says that it's strictly enforced. If everyone else has to follow these rules, what puts you ahead of everyone?

gkAeris
09-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by 1995_GTI_VR6
I dont care that it was closed as much as i would have liked a reason. And dont tell me what to do and how to use the FREE service. you ask for respect for this service... all ive asked is for the same. I wanted a reason and maybe notice or a warning before it was closed.

heres a real suggestion: make it less general... you have Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers all in one. make it like only cars only trucks only motorbikes/trailers. or even an Import Marketplace forum and a Euro Marketplace forum and Domestic Marketplace forum.

how about we make one section just for you to post? :rolleyes:

EK 2.0
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Look to put an end to all the controversy...

I closed the thread due to what I felt was excessive bumping...I was simply following the rules set out for ALL users of the forum. I could have deleted the thread but I didnt. That way you would be able to contact a Mod/Admin and they would have been able to tell you why it was closed...

Please make yourself familiar with the rules...I did not mean to pick on you...and if you felt that I apologize.

benyl
09-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Awe.... you guys are kissing and making up.

Rockski
09-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 1995_GTI_VR6
yeah thats stupid... if im in the market for a new car but im not sure what i want, im not going to look thru like 15 pages of dead treads. chances are i would only look in the first few then move on.

because you must have the attention span of a wet dish rag... im looking for a car and i even go through dead threads looking for stuff.... so its really just you who would have a problem with the thread not being "ON TOP OF EVERYBODY ELSES"

finboy
09-01-2005, 05:10 PM
i'm suprised that didn't result in a ban :rofl:

Rockski
09-01-2005, 05:16 PM
im glad it didnt

also not counting chickens before hatching

1995_GTI_VR6
09-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Rockski

because you must have the attention span of a wet dish rag

you you think this will help? Give your head a shake... unless you have something constructive to add to this then dont bother. Whats the point of attacking me? Have i offended anyone?

If none of you have noticed, I'm new to posting on this forum and these rules are new to me. There for i was just looking for a reason and Ive been givin that. for that im greatful. now i know what needs to be done and what shouldnt be done. Thank you EK 2.0 for clearing it up.

I still think it would be best to make the marketplace less general.