PDA

View Full Version : storing for winter

mshaw
09-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Im looking to store my car for the winter and just want to know what places there are in calgary to park your car and prices and all that

AllGoNoShow
09-01-2005, 09:21 PM
well Im parking mine in my drive way, $40 for a car cover and the rent is free. What kind of situation you in?

Looking for professional storage units w/ security *some have it* or just people with garages that are empty?

kaput
09-01-2005, 09:31 PM

Moe Man
09-02-2005, 12:36 AM
i am building a shed in my yard for it

mshaw
09-02-2005, 12:43 AM
yeah i dont know if i want to keep it outside during the winter, i would just rather store it somewhere inside like a garage or somewhere. but i dont have a spare spot to store it though, this is the whole reason im asking

mshaw
09-02-2005, 11:35 AM
does anyone else store there car in the winter and pay a monthly fee, if so where?

n00bit
09-02-2005, 11:38 AM
I know my building has an underground storage for cars. There are a ton of cars down there right now. PM me for more information.

TypeS
09-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Mark, remember when we met at christians storage bays on the way to race city? they are large heated bays that hold 2 cars, and they are $90 a month. The unheated bays are ~$70/month.
Good and secure too. If you want more info just give Christian a shout:thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
09-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Be careful with the car cover. I did that to my last car and over the winter it acted like sandpaper and bastardized the paint when the wind blew it around even though it was strapped tight. It doesnt take much I guess.

If you get the right cover then it won't scratch
Also it doesnt matter for me as much I guess, my paintjob isn't worth much.

$70 for unheated for 2 cars is a freakin good deal!
$90 for heated is even better if u ask me

When I looked last year I was looking at $60 for single car unheated.

mshaw
09-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by TypeS
Mark, remember when we met at christians storage bays on the way to race city? they are large heated bays that hold 2 cars, and they are $90 a month. The unheated bays are ~$70/month.
Good and secure too. If you want more info just give Christian a shout:thumbsup:

yeah thanks tanner i was gonna get in touch with christian to see what the prices are like there, sounds like a good deal but i dont have 2 cars, obviously they do have spaces for 1 car?

Deetz
09-02-2005, 12:38 PM
How do you get a hold of Christian?

freakin
09-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Check the classifieds for some garages. Lots of rental properties will rent the garage out seperately. The going rate seems to be $100/month for a 2 car garage. It will likely be detached and not heated though...but lots of room to work on a project car over the winter.

TypeS
09-02-2005, 12:59 PM
well they really arent meant for 2 cars....when christian has 2 cars in there they are pretty much bumper to bumper to wall lol! They are 1 car wide, but fairly lengthy. You could throw your car in there and whatever else you want to store.....hell you could even live in one if you wanted to:rofl:

Deetz, Christians e-mail is [email protected]'d whoop me if i gave out his # haha:devil:

If i can get a beater here soon im gonna grab one of those bays myself, i really dont want to drive my car through winter this year:(

AllGoNoShow
09-02-2005, 02:17 PM
And actually if someone is looking to share a storage unit I may be interested in it, give me more room on the driveway for my other cars, or I can park one of my projects in the back.

mshaw
09-03-2005, 06:51 PM
i might consider that, im just gonna look into it a bit more