PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Tower - Revolving Restaraunt

JiggaMan
09-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Just ate at the revolving restaraunt last night and overall it was very good.

I wouldn't suggest going there once a week or anything (fairly pricey) but it's a great place for an anniversary dinner or special occasion.

Just thought i'd let you guys know...

P.S. Try the Garlic Prawns... :drool:

Very good duck too!

Ben
09-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Would you mind adding some information:

Number in Party -
Food rating - / 10
Ambience - / 5
Service - / 10
Average Cost per person-

General type of food available, stuff like that. Thanks.

Havent been there in almost a decade, and it sucked then, curious if it's any better.

TheXplosion
09-02-2005, 04:48 PM
yes, im thinking of going there pretty soon myself, how are the things ben mentioned?

GQBalla
09-03-2005, 01:56 PM
hehe goin on september 12!!!

i didn't see the garlic prawns on the pdf menu they have on their site

AJL
09-03-2005, 11:28 PM
While you are there go on the glass floor the installed on the observation deck! So cool.

JiggaMan
09-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Number in my party - 2

Food - 8/10

Ambience - 2.5/5

This was kinda wierd. It seems like a pretty classy place, we dressed up for it and so did most people. However, we got there around 7:00 and there was a table beside us with kids running around and playing. By 9:00 it was great, no kids.. older croud and everyone was dressed fairly well. I would suggest going no earlier than 8:30

Service - 6/10

Service was good untill about 9:00. They got packed and the people pretty much forgot about us because we were only a party of two. Seems the bigger parties (5-10) got the most attention (fair enough I guess.. but it got kind of rediculous). We ended up cancelling our desert order (ice cream) because we had not got it in 20 minutes and we had places to be. Very nice waitress however.

Average cost per person, including gst and tip is about $50-$60.

Ben
09-06-2005, 10:07 AM
WOW, you can guarantee that place will never see a dime from me. There is no way in gods green earth you'll see me paying anything over 20 bucks a person with uncaged children in the establishment.

If I'm going to a "fancy" restaurant, service WILL be good, there WILL NOT be children that are uncontrolled or crying (seen but not heard if there HAS to be children), and I WILL NOT be forgot about.

Glad to see that the Calgary Tower Restaurant hasn't changed in almost 10 years, looks to be the same unacceptable service that I've always known.

sputnik
09-06-2005, 10:13 AM
The Calgary Tower restaurant has always given me the impression that it caters to tourists and teenage boys looking to impress their underage girlfriends with a "romantic" and "fancy" restaurant.

There is no way you will ever see me there.

GQBalla
09-08-2005, 01:00 PM
lol im a teenaged boy!!!

but im 18

tryin to impress my girlfriend on our one year!

heavyD
09-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Ball & Chain forced me to take her this summer:

Number in Party - 2
Food rating - 9/10
Ambience - 3/5
Service - 2/10
Average Cost per person- $35

Our meals were actually very, very good but we had a shrimp appetizer that was over $12 and had 5 shrimp and cold corn which is one of the worst rip-offs I've seen. It's cool to have the view from the window but as the other guy said if it's busy and you are with a party of two don't expect any attention. Some of the worst service I've received.

GQBalla
09-08-2005, 11:25 PM
hrmmm my party is of two people only ill give one of these ratings when i actually go!!!

DowntownCowboy
09-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Does dinner include the lift up?

I got some free observation passes and was wonderin if I should bother eating there if the service is so bad.

And from what I gather, I shouldn't wear jeans?

Weapon_R
09-13-2005, 01:06 PM
You still have to pay to get into the tower. If you can get past the front, you'll be fine.

GQBalla
09-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Number in Party -2
Food rating - 7.5/ 10
Ambience - 5/ 5
Service - 7/ 10
Average Cost per person- 70 including tip i left a big tip because he was really nice and served us pretty good!

some people say the service there sucks but i would say its pretty good sure you guys are comparing it to like somewhere else where they server you right away so you can get out faster but this is like a place where they want you to stay longer and enjoy yourself! so i would have to say it was pretty good service!

YAY!! went there last night with my girlfriend!

and to tell you the truth its pretty cool! the rotating of it gave me and my girlfriend a little headach at first but than you get used to it!

Dinner was amazing we both got the mushroom and wild rice chowder!! SOO GOOD!!!

for main course she got the salmon and i got the rib eye!

let me tell you both were really good actually the salmon was cooked to perfection nice and juicy and my steak was pretty good not the greatest but pretty good

than we had shared a chocolate lava souffle (sp) that was pretty good too but nothin really special cept our waiter wrote happy 1st anniversary on the plate pretty cool too!

lastprodigy
09-14-2005, 01:16 AM
^ wow youre the most ridiculously enthusiastic person on beyond......of course anyoen that acts liek theyre 12 would enjoy the service :confused:

GQBalla
09-14-2005, 01:19 AM
huh how do i act like im 12?

the service wasn't even bad everytime we wanted the waiter to come by or get us new drinks ( which we didn't even have to get him to come by and do) he came by himself and asked if we wanted more drinks

edit** it was a monday night and the palce was kinda dead

GirlsOnFire
09-14-2005, 02:53 AM
They have an awesome brunch there on Sundays too, the omlette guy is amazing. Its alot more affordable then the dinner menu too.

Moonracer
09-14-2005, 09:21 AM
At least the price to eat has gone down. Last time I went was about 12 years ago and it cost about $100 for two. It was quite high end but you can't beat that view anywhere in town.

jepree
10-14-2005, 12:34 AM
all this sounds good i think im gonna try it!

A790
10-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
^ wow youre the most ridiculously enthusiastic person on beyond......of course anyoen that acts liek theyre 12 would enjoy the service :confused:

I don't think that was really fair man. He enjoyed himself, as I would be enthusiastic if I enjoyed myself as well.

lastprodigy
10-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by A790

I don't think that was really fair man. He enjoyed himself, as I would be enthusiastic if I enjoyed myself as well.

haha honestly didnt mean it as as much of an insult as you took it.....ma bad :nut:

GQBalla
10-17-2005, 09:52 PM
well i juss thought it was alot better than what everyone ragged about their service at calgary tower and it was actually quite good where as everybody says their service sucks ass... everytime our drinks were empty he brought more drinks and what not

dino_martini
10-25-2005, 09:18 PM
I have been to the Calgary Tower Revolving Resturant a few times, last time I went was about a year ago for my birthday

Number in Party - 4
Food rating - 8/ 10
Ambience - 5/ 5
Service - 8/10 - It was a pretty busy night, she was a nice lady
Average Cost per person- $60 + tip and ride up

Over all it wasnt a bad place, the view was great and I like the whole revolving thing. I had a steak I think if I can rember correctly.

If your on a budget but would still like to go to the Calgary Tower, I would suggest you go up the tower, look around for a bit, try an find your house, so on and so on. Then go to the Grill type thing there. Its not a bad price, and its pretty good food. No tip to leave, no fancy clothes to wear.