PDA

View Full Version : **MUST LISTEN **New Orleans mayor lashes out ***

gggunit
09-02-2005, 03:35 PM
This is the most straight up politican I have ever heard

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/katrina.nagin/index.html

Some of what was said..

I don't want to see anybody do anymore goddamn press conferences. Put a moratorium on press conferences. Don't do another press conference until the resources are in this city. And then come down to this city and stand with us when there are military trucks and troops that we can't even count.
-
about George Bush
NAGIN: I told him we had an incredible crisis here and that his flying over in Air Force One does not do it justice:bullshit:
-
I'm like, "You got to be kidding me. This is a national disaster. Get every doggone Greyhound bus line in the country and get their asses moving to New Orleans:banghead:
-
Don't tell me 40,000 people are coming here. They're not here. It's too doggone late. Now get off your asses and do something, and let's fix the biggest goddamn crisis in the history of this country

Carfanman
09-02-2005, 04:01 PM
...Fuuuck.

That guy kicks ass, and hes fucking right, this is goddamn nuts.
He makes so many fucking good points.

civic_stylez
09-02-2005, 04:24 PM
its true though, when 9-11 happened, every resource in the US was sent to help, and NO is basically getting shit on, i know some people are causing shit but sent in 25,000 troops and that crap will stop and effrots can continue.

robpark
09-02-2005, 04:26 PM
He makes good points but he sounds like an IDIOT.... Goddamn this and that... Not an articulate man... I can't respect him.

cman
09-02-2005, 04:33 PM
he sounds like a very frusterated man. which he obviously is. i understand his anger.

88CRX
09-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by robpark
He makes good points but he sounds like an IDIOT.... Goddamn this and that... Not an articulate man... I can't respect him.

i think many people would be using alot worse words then that if they were in his place.

he has every right to be pissed the f' off.

b_t
09-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by robpark

yes, because in times where action is required, I want all the politicians to be waxing poetic and writing Shakespeare for their speeches

this is a time where people need to be concise and to the point and stop dicking around. i thought this was a very well done interview.

Godfuader
09-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by b_t

yes, because in times where action is required, I want all the politicians to be waxing poetic and writing Shakespeare for their speeches

this is a time where people need to be concise and to the point and stop dicking around. i thought this was a very well done interview.

No one is asking for him to write sonnets and display his concerns as a tenor. There should be a level of articulation in a man of his position. Yes, hes frustrated, but its never a time to lose your composure. What he did was correct...he did not dick around...said it like it is, but a certain level of professionalism must be maintained. But whatever, hes at least doing something about the issue at hand. And any guy that publicly mocks bush gets a :thumbsup: in my books.

streetarab
09-02-2005, 10:19 PM
cuz when your watchin your citizens die, AND GETTING BLAMED FOR IT, your gonna be calm and cool,

403Gemini
09-02-2005, 11:51 PM
good for him

Xtrema
09-03-2005, 12:01 AM
I think he's just trying to blaming someone else.

Yes Feds are slow but Feds are last resource. City and State must be prepare to deal with this first few days. And neither are ready and they go off load the blame to the feds.

In the end, the mistake is that state and city wasn't prepared to deal with it til the fed arrives.

robpark
09-03-2005, 01:45 AM
If he was thinking of his people he would be firm, well spoken and persistent... You lure more bees with honey than with vinegar, and when all I hear is "goddamn this" and "goddamn that" I disregard what he is saying. A person in a position of power should put forward a better example. The last person getting all worked up and losing his cool should be the mayor. Insulting George Bush is going to compel him to act faster because....? 9/11 didn't have Giuliani swearing every second word and he still got the job done.

And where was this dedicated mayor, fighting to have the levees strengthened and pumps overhauled when all the experts were saying it NEEDED to be done for the last decade? He and his predecessors are partially to blame for the whole mess. Had they got the job done when it needed to be, they wouldn't be in the mess they are in now.

streetarab
09-03-2005, 08:20 AM
its not his fault, bush cut spending to the levees and the powers to deal with the problem have been delagated to the guy above nagin,

KELSTAR
09-03-2005, 10:24 AM
I know that people keep comparing this to 9/11 but the devestation is far worse. With 9/11 people had homes to go to and bank accounts and records of their finances to keep them in order. In this case, the city is destroyed and people are left without homes, food, water. etc. The mayor is not in the same situation as Giuliani. Guiliani had to do with the shock and terror but not the complete devestation of the physical city. The feds should be in there immediately. Just my 2 cents.
I'm not agreeing with the way he is addressing the situation necessarily but there is no reason why more could not have been done already. There are people trapped in their attics and on rooftops and see helicopters flying overhead looking at the damage but not lifting them out of there. More needs to be done IMMEDIATELY and the city doesn't have the utilities to do so. The feds need to step it up!!!

/////AMG
09-03-2005, 10:38 AM
If this was a terrorist attack, it would be all calm and peaceful and all that. But it's just a "disaster from mother earth". BS.

Of all countries I would have thought the US would be on top of everything. This is a massive FAILURE according to the whole world, and I couldn’t agree more.

/////AMG
09-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Finally the buses come:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5253390,00.html