PDA

View Full Version : Declaring Concentrations (Haskayne)

Singel
09-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Does anybody know whent he deadline was to change or just choose for the first time your concentration within your program (specifically business)? I tried to do it on infonet but it says the deadline has passed or something. Basically I'm interested in Tourism/Hospitality management, but the first course required (Tour 309) was full before my date to start registering even came. I was hoping to take it to just check out the program and see if it really interests me, but it seems the only way I'll have a chance to get in is to be in that program, but unfortunately I can't even get into the program. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the program, or about when you're able to declare your concentration.

It's all really starting to piss me off, the fact that I'm paying $5000/year to have no control of my degree. It would be nice if they put important information like this an a place where one might be likely to find it, and if registration dates were placed in order of GPA, so dumbasses don't fill up courses before deserving people even get a chance.:rolleyes:

AcuraTl
09-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Singel
Does anybody know whent he deadline was to change or just choose for the first time your concentration within your program (specifically business)? I tried to do it on infonet but it says the deadline has passed or something. Basically I'm interested in Tourism/Hospitality management, but the first course required (Tour 309) was full before my date to start registering even came. I was hoping to take it to just check out the program and see if it really interests me, but it seems the only way I'll have a chance to get in is to be in that program, but unfortunately I can't even get into the program. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the program, or about when you're able to declare your concentration.

It's all really starting to piss me off, the fact that I'm paying $5000/year to have no control of my degree. It would be nice if they put important information like this an a place where one might be likely to find it, and if registration dates were placed in order of GPA, so dumbasses don't fill up courses before deserving people even get a chance.:rolleyes:

my advise man, call the registrar asap..

Gainsbarre
09-03-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty certain that the deadline for declaring your concentration was way back in May or June, so you might be out of luck here. With ridiculous regulations such as this one and direct entry, you're supposed to know EXACTLY what you want to do with the rest of your life the day you apply to the U of C. I've changed my major a few times, and as a result, I'm stuck with about 8 half courses that won't count towards either of the degrees I'm currently completing.

Well, that's the U of C for ya :thumbsdow

random
09-05-2005, 01:26 PM
I think the deadline was April 1st... same as the change of program deadline. I know you can't transfer into Haskayne in the winter session, but you might be able to change your concentration then.. not sure... but that wouldn't help you get into TOUR309 for this year anyway.

There's room in the fall block week lecture of TOUR309 right now... they really should run more than one winter lecture though. argh.

AcuraTl
09-09-2005, 04:53 PM
ok i dug around for myself a bit and the deadline for the science faculty is april1st...well you can ONLY do it on that day haha no later, no earlier...not sure about business......

Fuji
09-09-2005, 05:35 PM

You gotta get used to it. In the real world people don't do shit for you and Haskayne does not help you at all, so you have to take the incentive to do so. you snooze you lose. Good luck in getting in tho

Bombshell
09-09-2005, 05:49 PM
As far as I know, you can change your concentration after the drop/add date (September 23). So you can probably declare it then too-- at least then you may not be quite as screwed for the winter semester courses.