PDA

View Full Version : U of C Classes..

KELSTAR
09-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Has anyone ever taken Soci 371 with Godley? What's this professor like? I have taken 201,325, and 353 so I understand what most soci classes are like. Wht about this one?
I am debating between this as one of my final options as I am graduating this year. But I could take HSOC 201 with Mather instead. Any thoughts?
I have already been to www.ratemyprofessor.ca and both did ok with results on there.

Vagabond142
09-02-2005, 11:49 PM
I haven't taken soci, but I've heard both bad and good things about Godley from buddies of mine. I'm an Arky major with an undeclared minor in history, and a lot of Soci's take history as options (god knows why :P). The good I've heard is that he knows his shit inside out, sideways and inverted, as well as teaches in a straightforward and comprehensible manner. The bad I've heard is that he has little tolerance for deviation from subject matter (ie make sure your essays stay within the topic and don't branch into other theories) and can be a tough marker. But, from what I've heard, he's fairly average for a prof

Of all the profs I've had, however, Ken MacMillan for History is perhaps the best all around. Hilarious in class, fair but discerning on marking, and always great feedback and discussion. Plus, ask him about his trip to the "most useless monument in London" :thumbsup:

:hijack:

BebeAphrodite
09-03-2005, 07:42 PM
what's HSOC?

History is HTST.

I'm a bit confused.

FiveFreshFish
09-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite
what's HSOC?

History is HTST.

I'm a bit confused.