PDA

View Full Version : Home Network....?....

JiggaMan
09-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Okay I dunno wtf i'm doing wrong.

I have my Modem hooked to my router, my router hooked to my 2 computers and xbox... Internet/Xbox live works on all of them.

I'm trying to setup a network on the 2 computers but it is just not working... i ran the automatic network setup (network wizard) on both comps and I can't see the other computer connected to the network.. i dunno what's goin on... any suggestions?

sabad66
09-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Run the network setup wizard on all. Turn on file and printer sharing on all, make sure they are on the same workgroup (default MSHOME).

Mr. Burns
09-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
Turn on file and printer sharing on all, make sure they are on the same workgroup (default MSHOME). :werd:

soupey
09-04-2005, 06:04 PM
shut down all the computers, unplug the router, then plug it back in...turn each one on one after another, allowing each to start up and start up windows fully b4 turning on the next...

i duno why that'd work, but its worked for me b4...so its worth a shot wit u...

oh and make sure uve ran the network setup wizards on all comps b4 doin all that...

JiggaMan
09-06-2005, 09:32 AM
It's driving me nuts... i can't get it working.

I've ran network wizard on both comps and used the same workgroup name... but I can't see the other computers when I browse the entire network.

Nobody would happen to have time to remotely set it up for me would they? :confused:

Thaco
09-06-2005, 09:44 AM
you cant network to an xbox, you have to ftp to it.

and you ahve to make sure they are int he same work group, then click network places, click workgroup computers (on the left hand panel) and they should both be there provided you have enabled file sharing.

JiggaMan
09-06-2005, 10:30 AM
I know I can't network the xbox, wasn't trying to.

I have enabled file sharing for both comps... they do have the windows xp firewalls, and also use shaw secure.

Network places only shows 1 computer in the workgroup computers :(

GTS Jeff
09-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Get rid of Shaw Secure first.

JiggaMan
09-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I work for Shaw so I gotta support.... ;)
Besides, I kinda like it.. not too bulky and doesnt bog down the system as much as Norton and those garbage programs.

Doomsday88
09-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Try browsing to the PC manually and see if you can connect

start --> run --> type in "\\xxxxxxx"

the xxxxxxx being either the PC name or else the IP address.

Reply if that works or not.

JiggaMan
09-07-2005, 08:50 AM
doesn't seem to work... it's REALLY wierd cuz after I ran all the network wizards etc... i AM able to play a LAN game against the other computer in warcraft 3.....

So the network must be working... but why can I not see the other computer in the workgroup? File and printer sharing is enabled on both.... hmm:confused: