PDA

View Full Version : General Travel Question

hockeybronx
09-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Okay, I'm totally just brainstorming for ideas here. So here's the situation:

I'm definitely feeling the need to see some of the world, and I have a little time before I go into training with the Fire Department. I need to travel somewhere, but the catch is that I'm probably gong to want to work while I'm wherever I'm there.

Does anybody have any insight they could give me about the complications of getting a job in another country, of course I'd love to go down to Barbados or something but I'm sure it would be hard to find a job.

Also I really don't know a lot about getting a working visa or if I even need one at some places etc. I've heard of things like people framing houses in Mexico and stuff like that.

Honestly any information would help, I just want to get away for an extended period of time and work while I'm there.

Oh yeah, and for anybody who wants to be useless and tell me to search on the internet, I'm currently doing that also so save it!

JordanLotoski
09-04-2005, 11:54 PM
i worked in grand cayman for a few years...iam sure you can get a job there. google it, took me like 1 resume and a 45 minute interview and i had a job.

pints
09-05-2005, 08:46 AM
I worked over in the UK last summer, you're going to have to search up the visa criteria for each individual country though. You might also want to check up on ancestry visas as they sometimes give you a longer time frame to work in a given country. Also check as soon as you can if you want to be leaving soon, as it does take some time for them to process applications, also some countries give out a limited number of work visas to Canadians each year.
Good Luck

hockeybronx
09-05-2005, 01:27 PM
MIWYFSHOT, please check your PM.

yankeefan
09-06-2005, 12:05 AM
If you want to work at any of the US islands in that area like The Keys or Puerto Rico, could call Disney World and say you interested in interning in hotel/restaurant management and wanted to know how togo about getting a work visa for the US. Its their whole job tobe real nice to people, so they would probably help you out.

If you can get a visa for any of those places, I dont see you haveing any trouble actually finding work. From my experiences, people dont really like too work in those areas. And I cant really blame em, its too nice down there.