PDA

View Full Version : Pressure testing

LUDELVR
09-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Where in Calgary can we get stuff pressure tested? I want to get my IC pressure tested and make sure there are no leaks. Who has had it done, how much does it cost etc. Thanks YO! :thumbsup:

JCX
09-05-2005, 11:47 PM
How big are the outlets on the IC? You can always make a boost leak tester, cap one side and pump it up.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/12484/tester.jpg

This cost me about $15 to make from Canadian tire and consists of a 2" to 2" flexible coupler, a cap that fits inside one end and a valve stem ( needed some teflont tape as well). Could not be easier.

EK 2.0
09-05-2005, 11:50 PM
^^ And if you hook that up to the charge piping you can do the WHOLE system...not just the I/C...and keep an eye on the boost guage so you know how high you are pumping that system.

JCX
09-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
^^ And if you hook that up to the charge piping you can do the WHOLE system...not just the I/C...and keep an eye on the boost guage so you know how high you are pumping that system.

Exactly.

But if you just want the IC done you could pump it up and check the pressure with a regular tire gauge.

LUDELVR
09-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey that's pretty sweet! My end tank inlet and outlet are 2.5 outter diameter so I'd need something bigger. So you'd just pump it up with compressed air? Also, do you just stick a tire gauge at the other end?

If I want to do my entire system as arif was mentioning, I'd have to check on my boost gauge and have to push in my throttle since my boost gauge is tapped into my intake manny. Is this about right?

JCX
09-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Hey that's pretty sweet! My end tank inlet and outlet are 2.5 outter diameter so I'd need something bigger. So you'd just pump it up with compressed air? Also, do you just stick a tire gauge at the other end?

If I want to do my entire system as arif was mentioning, I'd have to check on my boost gauge and have to push in my throttle since my boost gauge is tapped into my intake manny. Is this about right?

Yeah, I'd use a tire gauge.

Regarding testing the whole system I'm not sure. On the SRT-4 you don't have to open the throttle, I can't speak for other cars. :nut:

AllGoNoShow
09-07-2005, 12:33 AM
If you can get an electric tire guage, soem of them will change when the pressure drops so u can hold it there and monitor if u wanted to get into it.