PDA

View Full Version : Emily Rose...

EK 2.0
09-05-2005, 12:27 AM
Sony Emily Rose Website... (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/theexorcismofemilyrose/)

So, who else is looking forward to this flick. I for one cannot wait to check it out after seeing the trailers. I am a sucker for religious based horror flicks. The Exorcist flicks, and the Omen series are faves for sure.

This is the basis for the movie...or so I was told... (http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_1253.html)

but ohhhhhhh man still looking forward to it...

JordanEG6
09-05-2005, 01:12 AM
:werd: i am REALLY into religious based movies. im more into the 'based on a true story' or conceptualy scary movies rather than horror/gore/slasher type movies.

im mos def looking forward to this one, looks promising

mshaw
09-05-2005, 01:24 AM
bit scary for me i think

soupey
09-05-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
:werd: i am REALLY into religious based movies. im more into the 'based on a true story' or conceptualy scary movies rather than horror/gore/slasher type movies.

im mos def looking forward to this one, looks promising

i duno about that, exorcist was good until the point that they uncover who the demon is (in both of the movies, the beginning and the original), i'll also admit to thinkn that Saw was a scary movie, im not usually scared easily by movies, but Saw was pretty fucked up...

nhlfan
09-05-2005, 01:44 AM
i want to see it i think.

shakalaka
09-05-2005, 02:14 AM
Yea deffinately in for this one. I am always in for 'true story based" movies. Those are always interesting. The fact that it actually happened to someone is scary enough, plus the movie, gets all the adrenaline rushing. But too bad I wont be able to check it out here, well maybe in UK.

Ekin
09-05-2005, 03:35 AM
If you guys are interested in this sort of stuff, you might like this.

Exorcism in Russia - Audio (http://paranormal.about.com/library/bl_exorcism_recording.htm)

Exorcism in Russia - Video (http://paranormal.about.com/library/bl_exorcism_video.htm)

But I will most definately be seeing this one.

403Gemini
09-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by soupey

i duno about that, exorcist was good until the point that they uncover who the demon is (in both of the movies, the beginning and the original), i'll also admit to thinkn that Saw was a scary movie, im not usually scared easily by movies, but Saw was pretty fucked up...

?

"who the demon is"?

you mean the devil? yea that threw me for a loop as well :rolleyes:

im sorry i dont know what you mean please explain.
as far as this movie yes im probably gonna see it day one

stevieo
09-05-2005, 11:50 AM
yeah, im gonna go on opening day, I can't wait to see this.

I love religious horror type movies. (I'm not really religious, I just follow my parents in being buddist.)

soupey
09-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

?

"who the demon is"?

you mean the devil? yea that threw me for a loop as well :rolleyes:

im sorry i dont know what you mean please explain.
as far as this movie yes im probably gonna see it day one

just for instance where they reveal the person whos possessed by the demon/devil in Exorcist: The Beginning, jus seemed to get stupid once they show it humping the guy and giving the demon a voice and everything....

403Gemini
09-05-2005, 12:15 PM

just for instance where they reveal the person whos possessed by the demon/devil in Exorcist: The Beginning, jus seemed to get stupid once they show it humping the guy and giving the demon a voice and everything....

ahh okay, yea i didnt like exorcist the beginning at all. was pretty effin stupid if you ask me.

the original was freakin great tho, the directors cut where she comes down the stares on all fours... backwards... scared the SHIT outta me.

JordanEG6
09-05-2005, 01:25 PM
hahah :rofl: man that one part kept me up all night mang! that was some fcuked up shit

403Gemini
09-05-2005, 03:50 PM
hahah :rofl: man that one part kept me up all night mang! that was some fcuked up shit

hahh yea just hearing *thump* from upstairs, then *thud thud thud thud* fast footsteps then seeing a demonic bitch coming down the stairs backwards... *shiver* hah

mdeleon
09-05-2005, 04:57 PM
the spider walk!!! ye that was trippy...im with all you guys, im probably gonna see it opening day as well

soupey
09-05-2005, 05:07 PM
ohh iremember what ur talkn about

http://www.esplatter.com/images/am/exorcistspiderwalk.jpg

but yea this new Emily one definately looks like its worth seeing...

Despair*
09-05-2005, 05:14 PM
^ Yeah that part was very messed up. Wasn't expecting to see that when i watched it for the first time.

I'll probably see the Exorcism of Emily Rose as well. Probably after it has been out for a little while though but I need to at least see it once.

403Gemini
09-05-2005, 05:24 PM
ohh iremember what ur talkn about

http://www.esplatter.com/images/am/exorcistspiderwalk.jpg

but yea this new Emily one definately looks like its worth seeing...

bah you bastard i hate you!!! haha

dooman24
09-05-2005, 06:15 PM
werd.. i wanna see that movie..
haha looks freaky.. lol

philipoo
09-05-2005, 06:40 PM
this movie seems pretty good. I'm a bit uneasy considering it's a true story. oh well not like i'm goign to see it HAHA girlfriends too scared.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/philipoo/2d2bc771.jpg

Edit: changed image

403Gemini
09-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by philipoo
this movie seems pretty good. I'm a bit uneasy considering it's a true story. oh well not like i'm goign to see it HAHA girlfriends too scared.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/philipoo/2d2bc771.jpg

Edit: changed image

i wouldnt believe EVERYTHING you see.

its "BASED" on a true story. doesnt mean the story itself is true

max_boost
09-06-2005, 12:33 AM

its "BASED" on a true story. doesnt mean the story itself is true So that makes it false?:rofl:

I'll admit I am fascinated with ghosts/devils/exorcisms etc. but I also get scared while watching it:banghead: :rofl: Is it real or not?:dunno:

hockeybronx
09-06-2005, 01:08 AM
Yeah since seeing the previews I've been considering seeing it. In all honesty the original Exorcist scared the living hell out of me and even when I see those pictures:eek:

I didn't see the Exorcist prequel, but yeah I'll probably check Emily Rose out.

Gooseberry
09-06-2005, 01:14 AM
I heard its just the Court Case with flashbacks or something...

JordanEG6
09-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Yeah since seeing the previews I've been considering seeing it. In all honesty the original Exorcist scared the living hell out of me and even when I see those pictures:eek:

I didn't see the Exorcist prequel, but yeah I'll probably check Emily Rose out.

i thought exorcist was freaky, but just the trailer for emily rose itself scared the shit outta me. thts wut caught my eye. im there this friday :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
09-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Gooseberry
I heard its just the Court Case with flashbacks or something...

If that s all it is...then EK 2.0 will be VERY disappointed.

403Gemini
09-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

If that s all it is...then EK 2.0 will be VERY disappointed.

then you'll more than likely be disappointed.

i heard the same thing, mostly court, but quite a few flashbacks.

Originally posted by max_boost
So that makes it false?:rofl:

I'll admit I am fascinated with ghosts/devils/exorcisms etc. but I also get scared while watching it:banghead: :rofl: Is it real or not?:dunno:

doesnt make it false, it makes it exagerated.

cityhunter2501
09-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
So that makes it false?:rofl:

not false but story has been altered sligthly

The Jamaican Bobsled team sucked on their debut here in Calgary in 1988 contrary to what we saw in the movie Cool Runnings

DC2
09-07-2005, 02:34 PM
this movie gives me the freaking creeps man.
movies like ring and grudge was weak..
but this one is seriously looking scary..
based on true story usually gets to me,
i think its the exorcism movies...
did anyone see the episode of true ghost stories on discovery channel about that exorcism? they lived in a funeral home??
FAWK i couldnt sleep for like a week!

EK 2.0
09-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by DC2
this movie gives me the freaking creeps man.
movies like ring and grudge was weak..
but this one is seriously looking scary..
based on true story usually gets to me,
i think its the exorcism movies...
did anyone see the episode of true ghost stories on discovery channel about that exorcism? they lived in a funeral home??
FAWK i couldnt sleep for like a week!

Yeah, yeah, yeah I saw that one. That kid was freaky after he got possessed...BUT...that cousin who came to stay for a bit...wowee...she was cute haha...

DC2
09-07-2005, 07:59 PM
^^ yeah i remember her :poosie:
when the spirit/demon was pulling the blanket off her.. i guess it wanted some too..

david_bmx
09-07-2005, 09:19 PM
any one saw it, or whens it comin out?
we were thinking of going to it on a field trip for are class :D as we are takin somthing like that in english...

Khyron
09-07-2005, 09:25 PM
They are marketing the movie like a horror but it's apparently more of an intellectual court drama that makes you debate whether you believe in demons and such or not. I think the defense attourney was an athiest while the DA was religious so it's also got that minor twist to it.

Imdb plot summary:

A bitter and repressed single lawyer (Laura Linney) takes on the church and the state when she fights for the life of a priest who performed a deadly exorcism on a young woman. Linney must battle the cocky state lawyer as well as her own lonliness, as she realizes that her career so far has not fulfilled her, nor is she happy in her job on a day to day basis.

Maybe it's like silence of the lambs - mainly about 2 main characters, but deals with a horror subject?

Khyron

EK 2.0
09-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by david_bmx
any one saw it, or whens it comin out?
we were thinking of going to it on a field trip for are class :D as we are takin somthing like that in english...

It opens here on Friday.

Originally posted by Khyron
They are marketing the movie like a horror but it's apparently more of an intellectual court drama that makes you debate whether you believe in demons and such or not. I think the defense attourney was an athiest while the DA was religious so it's also got that minor twist to it.

Khyron

hmmm...Now I am not as sure that I wanna see it. Man...I was soooo pumped about it too...:dunno:

JordanEG6
09-07-2005, 10:54 PM
maaaan, that premise sounds retarded! it sounds like as if the exorcism is just a case added to some chicks life as a lawyer. maaaaan, it'll have tons of flashbacks and boring parts, i really hope not i really wanted to see this movie the way they depicted it in the trailer.

AJL
09-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Im a sucker for scary movies...
I hope its not like the Tesxas Chainsaw Massacre where they tell you its real, when its really not at all. :guns:
Hopefully I can go see this movie, looks really good. I have to think though, even though it might not be true... what if it is? I mean what if when we die we either go to heaven or hell and in hell there are thousands of demons and fire. Kinda makes you think... maybe im crazy.

403Gemini
09-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by AJL
Im a sucker for scary movies...
I hope its not like the Tesxas Chainsaw Massacre where they tell you its real, when its really not at all. :guns:
Hopefully I can go see this movie, looks really good. I have to think though, even though it might not be true... what if it is? I mean what if when we die we either go to heaven or hell and in hell there are thousands of demons and fire. Kinda makes you think... maybe im crazy.

TCM = perfect example of "based on a true story" made hollywood

AJL
09-08-2005, 11:19 AM
TCM is loosely based if anything...

sexualbanana
09-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by AJL
TCM is loosely based if anything...

That's what I tell people, but they don't believe me.

I just saw Emily Rose, it's the court room movie that people said it is, but the flashbacks are pretty scary.

EK 2.0
09-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I just saw Emily Rose, it's the court room movie that people said it is, but the flashbacks are pretty scary.

Gavin, without giving it away...it is worth seeing...does it make you jump once or twice??

JordanEG6
09-08-2005, 09:54 PM

Gavin, without giving it away...it is worth seeing...does it make you jump once or twice??

:werd: yeah im wondering if i should see it now. like, a court room drama?! i expected a full out scariest-shit-ever movie not a Law and Order with flashbacks. but none the less, i will check it out cuz ive been waiting for this for months haha

sexualbanana
09-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah it's gives a good scare. I don't really want to sleep tonight if that's any indication.

EK 2.0
09-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Yeah it's gives a good scare. I don't really want to sleep tonight if that's any indication.

hahah that's a PERFECT indication...but doesn't say much you are scared of Teletubbies Gavin haha...:nut:

Khyron
09-09-2005, 12:13 AM
http://www.nexus-point.net/forums/harold4.jpg

Harold says Hello.

Khyron

philipoo
09-09-2005, 12:18 AM
http://www.davelandweb.com/exorcist.jpg

Barbara says Hi!

sexualbanana
09-09-2005, 01:35 AM

hahah that's a PERFECT indication...but doesn't say much you are scared of Teletubbies Gavin haha...:nut:

Hey man, you watch a bunch of multi-colour demons from hell telling children to look at their bodies, and tell me that's not a little creepy.

wildrice
09-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Yea. Just got back from watching it. I didnt like it at all. I even fell asleep at some parts.

EK 2.0
09-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by wildrice
Yea. Just got back from watching it. I didnt like it at all. I even fell asleep at some parts.

my Little Sister and I tried to go tonight...but it was FAWKING sold out...both late shows..like what is that??

anyhow peeped 40 y/o Virgin again...man thats a funny flick.."go fuck a goat"

JAYMEZ
09-10-2005, 01:00 AM
It was not that bad , but the whole movie i just wanted to shit kick the kids that wouldnt stop talking or tryin to impress the one girl out of the group of 5...

wildrice
09-10-2005, 01:15 AM

my Little Sister and I tried to go tonight...but it was FAWKING sold out...both late shows..like what is that??

anyhow peeped 40 y/o Virgin again...man thats a funny flick.."go fuck a goat"

Yea, mine was sold out too. I ordered my tickets online earlier this morning.

I would have rather spent my 12 bucks watching 40 year old virgin again over this.

mdeleon
09-10-2005, 01:27 AM
ooo, ye i went tonight, sold out like everyone said, arif saw your car...still awsome :thumbsup: i saw transporter 2 instead, the show for emily rose was right next to transporter 2 so we went in to see if we could find any seats...but we woulda had to sit in the front so we just said fawk it.

so it's not really worth seeing eh? i still kinda wanna see it

DC2
09-10-2005, 01:29 AM
^^ wait til it goes to the cheapies not worth 11 bucks

mdeleon
09-10-2005, 01:38 AM
maybe i'll just download it onto my computer

JordanEG6
09-10-2005, 10:30 AM
^^ saw you last night, i was on my way out, i waved but you didnt see me. i was in my MDX.

FAAAK SOLD OUT LAST NIGHT!! DAMMIT!!

Originally posted by DC2
^^ wait til it goes to the cheapies not worth 11 bucks

kev, did u see it?

Davetronz
09-10-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501

The Jamaican Bobsled team sucked on their debut here in Calgary in 1988 contrary to what we saw in the movie Cool Runnings
There goes the hopes and dreams of young jamaican bobsledders everywhere....

wildrice
09-10-2005, 12:15 PM

its "BASED" on a true story. doesnt mean the story itself is true

Yep. Only 30% of it actually happened. The other 70% is made up.

Hakkola
09-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Saw it at Eau Claire, love that theatre, never sold out and only 8 bucks :D

Movie was ok.

b_t
09-10-2005, 12:59 PM
The bits with Emily Rose were pretty spooky... like when the guy woke up and saw her on the floor I was like "holy fuck!".. but all the court case bullshit? FUCK that was BORING. Like FUUUUUCK. Without that it would have been 10,000 times better.
All the kiddies around were more entertaining then the movie itself. It was almost like I stepped into a time machine and took it back to grade 9.

EK 2.0
09-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by mdeleon
ooo, ye i went tonight, sold out like everyone said, arif saw your car...still awsome :thumbsup: i saw transporter 2 instead, the show for emily rose was right next to transporter 2 so we went in to see if we could find any seats...but we woulda had to sit in the front so we just said fawk it.

so it's not really worth seeing eh? i still kinda wanna see it

thank's for the compliments Marco...

JordanEG6
09-10-2005, 01:36 PM
^^ i think you walked passed me outside the theater...wasnt sure it was you. in case u caught a glimpse of me, i was in the black Mugen jacket..if it was you, ill be sure to say hi next time :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
09-10-2005, 01:57 PM
^^ i think you walked passed me outside the theater...wasnt sure it was you. in case u caught a glimpse of me, i was in the black Mugen jacket..if it was you, ill be sure to say hi next time :thumbsup:

I saw you(noticed the jacket)...but didn't know who you are...so it would be like weird to talk to some random guy in a mugen jacket...haha...lots of pinoy's and pinay's there last night too wow...

Kobe
09-10-2005, 02:53 PM
I went to the midnight showing...

Ahhh i found it scary :poosie:

dennisaur
09-12-2005, 02:31 PM
saw this over the weekend and i thought that it was a pretty good movie with its fair share of good scares :thumbsup:

Darkane
09-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Pretty good I'd say. Saw it tonight. In the church It was Fucked up for sure. The scariest part is they didnt use wierd special effects or Voice overs, The actor did it all HERSELF. Man wierd. Go see it.I was brought up Religious so these movies might hit me harder than the "regular" person, but check it out! :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
09-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Khyron

Harold says Hello.

Khyron
You bitch...I didnt ever want to see that Doll again but now I have thanks to you....Oh well its better than that scary ass painting.