PDA

View Full Version : Best installer In Town

brodmeister
09-05-2005, 03:10 PM
The Installer @ Visions Crowfoot Just got back from doing the TV show overhaulin'. He's done alot of work on my rides and I think he deserves from gratification.. So hats off the him...

SWX
09-05-2005, 05:33 PM
I thought a shop in red deer did the the show?

Talies R
09-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Does "The Installer" have a name?

Weapon_R
09-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Talies R
Does "The Installer" have a name?

He's so elite, traditional names no longer apply. Please refer to said person as "The Installer" only.

Strugari
09-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Unless, of course, I come to town:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

derek123
09-07-2005, 10:15 PM
A guy I work with knows him ( and his brother).

They (the show) said it was the best system ever on their show.

I think they said something about doing sema for them too.

SWX
09-07-2005, 11:14 PM
was there a shop in Red Deer as well or did he go with those guys?

brodmeister
09-07-2005, 11:27 PM
not too sure but i talked to him about 4 days ago @ the shop and he was on overhaulin'

ps. gave me the best deal /install on my new arctic start... thanx man!

SWX
09-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by brodmeister
not too sure but i talked to him about 4 days ago @ the shop and he was on overhaulin'

ps. gave me the best deal /install on my new arctic start... thanx man!

The shop being Visions?

brett_00civic
09-08-2005, 02:53 PM
if it is visions on crowfoot, his name is Ian. and i will tell you any install that he has done for me has bein fuckin pathetic abd the only reason i have ever returned is for warranty purposes. but that is only ones opinion

brett_00civic
09-08-2005, 02:54 PM
oh...and back to the best installer in town. his name is steve. he used to work for visions on crowfoot, but now he is doing some work at soundsaround. he does great work. and he is not affraid to do a little that he isnt being paid for, he isnt a cheap ass, like visions installers

QuasarCav
09-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

He's so elite, traditional names no longer apply. Please refer to said person as "The Installer" only.

Coffee = all over monitor.

davidI
09-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by SWX
was there a shop in Red Deer as well or did he go with those guys?

Travis Gustavson (sp?) from the Installation Station in Red Deer...

SWX
09-08-2005, 04:40 PM
So did the show the shop in Red Deer or the one guy here at visions?

brett_00civic
09-09-2005, 09:14 AM
i think all of you guys are missing the entire point of this thread. to discuss who is a good installer. not who might of done an instal on overhaulin. there is no problem with starting a different thread to discuss that.

SWX
09-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by brodmeister
The Installer @ Visions Crowfoot Just got back from doing the TV show overhaulin'. He's done alot of work on my rides and I think he deserves from gratification.. So hats off the him...
The best installer in town just did the overhaulin' show

Originally posted by brett_00civic
i think all of you guys are missing the entire point of this thread. to discuss who is a good installer. not who might of done an instal on overhaulin. there is no problem with starting a different thread to discuss that.

It was started by saying he just got back from doing the show, so i would say it's relivent

rinny
09-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Which vehicle was it that he worked on? I wanna see this setup...

davidI
09-10-2005, 08:53 AM
I think it was Jay from visions that went to? Could be wrong.

istation.ca

brett_00civic
09-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by davidI
I think it was Jay from visions that went to? Could be wrong.

istation.ca

no man, Jay is the manager. Ian is the installer.

davidI
09-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by brett_00civic

no man, Jay is the manager. Ian is the installer.

k, then maybe Rob someone? 02bumpin'wrx knows Trav and was telling me all about it but I was drunk so forgot the details.

ringmaster
09-15-2005, 01:21 PM
lmao THE installer

Jungle J
09-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Just to clear everything up! It is me jay from crowfoot Visions,Yes I got back from overhaulin With Trav from the instalation station up in Red deer, it was a kick ass time!I personally think that we did Canada proud!I dont no who thinks that Ian works up here but He dosen't!Just the man Lionel V,we are Just about to start on A Killer GTP full kicker If any body is Interested come up to crow foot VISIONS in a couple of weeks to check it out!Thanksn Guys for noticing J.

Nissanaddict
09-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Which soundsaround does this Steve work at? Cuz whoever did the install in a friend's Cavalier I have to say, did a real good job. (this was done at McLeod trail)

brett_00civic
09-19-2005, 01:20 PM
thats steve, he is a real good installer, he works at the soundsaround on macleod

brett_00civic
09-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Jungle J
I dont no who thinks that Ian works up here but He dosen't!
well that would be me, crowfoot, crowchild trail, i got confused, my bad. but ian is at the visions in richmond.

Nissanaddict
09-19-2005, 02:08 PM
yeah, Steve did a friend's Cavalier, and in those, the idiot bell is fed from the factory deck into the front left speaker. He said you can only have music, or idiot bell, but not both. She opted for the bell, but wanted me to switch it cuz she hated having no music (the installer said he'd do it for free, but she didn't have time to go there) Although I did figure out a way to make it work as both mostly (when the key is on, it switches to music, when off, you have bell for headlights/key in ignition and door open....but he put the wires on relays, so it was REAL easy to do. Clean as hell job too. :thumbsup: to Steve.

brett_00civic
09-19-2005, 02:37 PM
he is the only person i will go to for installs and the only person that i would recomend, mind you there are other talented instalers in calgary, but steve is by far the best ive worked with

RORYG
09-24-2005, 08:01 PM
humerous debate boys. i am matt car audio manager at richmond visions. ian is the head installer at my store and he is a solid installer with a long background in install and sales of car audio product he goes out of his way for a lot of customers so dont be too harsh on him brett, especially seeing as how i hook you up with some amazing deals out of the same store he works at just dont trash talk my installer caus u could be costing him business. most of the visions installers are amazing. you just had to be at sport compact nights and see the visions cars to know that. also brett any install ian did for you, you would have had a lifetime warrenty on if you werent happy with it.

by the way i am not saying ian is the best installer in the city either. the fact that jay just got back from overhauling says enough i think lol sup jay

RORYG
09-24-2005, 08:06 PM
p.s brett i'm not pissed at you or anyhting if you read this so u can still come get tons of sweet deals. see ya soon bro

brett_00civic
09-25-2005, 12:30 PM
ya matt i hear ya, but ian is a prick to me man, like not kiddign you Jay the old manager saw how he gave my car back with the side panels not even put back, but ya i appreciate the good deals, not meaning to trash talk Ian, but ya, i geuss im holding a grudge, he hasnt even gone slightly out of his way for me like steve does on installs. But Matt and Donny are the hook up for car stereo, go to them to hook you up phat

Slut Hunter
10-09-2005, 10:30 PM
can i vote for worst in town? well i will anyways it would have to be the fucks at future shop i went in their to get my infinity speakers installed and the fuck face cut my air lock system and fucked it all up!!!!:guns: :bullshit:

brodmeister
10-11-2005, 01:01 AM
we have a winner

Mitsu3000gt
10-11-2005, 01:52 AM
There is an installer named Ian at richmond visions, he works with another guy there. They are GARBAGE...never let them near your vehicle under any circumstances. Had to go back twice, on a simple deck and speak install, to which I PROVIDED FOR THEM written instructions with pictures how to remove my door pannels. They left wire ends everywhere, the car was filthy, and they screwed up the left and right sides as well as front and back.
Absolutely no regard for your vehicle whatsoever.

Mark

Hash_man
10-11-2005, 02:18 AM
IMO Will up at audio Concepts mobile is the best installer in town. He is very very talented, and has tons of experience.

Psyence
10-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Installers in Calgary.

I think that most of them are pretty good when they really work at it. But I beleive that they all suck arse when its on the clock, and for a standard fee. I mean they are there to make money, and spending 4hrs installing stuff that you are getting $60 for is just not going to make them afford to live in this town.

If everyone would PAY for a good install, they'd get one. But when you want to pay $60 or something for something to be installed, you get $60 worth.

I guess what im saying is you get what you paid for.

As for Soundsaround, I wouldnt let any monkey there touch anything in any of my vehicles. Ive had things done in the past when I was a bit clueless, but now after over 15 years of installing myself I realized how poor of a job they do. I dont care what anyone says.

Peace.

Psyence

JO-WN4GE
10-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Well I dont know who the best installer in calgary is but all I have to say is that everytime i've been to a carshow in calgary and took a good look at some of the installs I've been very disappointed. Maybe the bar just isnt high enough or something. I am not sayin that the installs are bad just nothin extremly specacular that would make you go rave around town about.

brett_00civic
10-16-2005, 11:55 AM
agreed:thumbsup:

davidI
10-16-2005, 04:50 PM
I think that overhaulin' show airs this thursday.

Jonathan@TCS
10-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Psyence
Installers in Calgary.

If everyone would PAY for a good install, they'd get one. But when you want to pay $60 or something for something to be installed, you get $60 worth.

I guess what im saying is you get what you paid for.

This is why you should come to a place like THE CAR SALON. Our installers don't get paid on commision, or buy how much they get done. They get salary so if a job takes a little longer its OK. We would rather do it right the first time and have a happy customer, then push you out the door and have you come back a week later after complaining to everyone that things weren't done right!

brodmeister
10-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Is This True About Overhaulin', Is This Week The Episode?

EK 2.0
10-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Two Words...

Joe...Montgomery...

brett_00civic
10-18-2005, 03:44 PM
overhaulin is one tuesdays, not thursdays, i hope its a gooder:thumbsup:

brodmeister
10-19-2005, 03:37 AM
why won't this thread die...

brett_00civic
10-21-2005, 03:08 PM
well, when oyu post a stupid comment like that it sure ads to it:dunno:

davidI
10-22-2005, 12:04 PM
The episode was on Tuesday....I missed it but apparently the system Trav put in was damn sweet!

soupey
10-22-2005, 05:29 PM
unfortunately this all comes down to how well someone can splice and hide wires.:whocares:

EK 2.0
10-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by soupey
unfortunately this all comes down to how well someone can splice and hide wires.:whocares:

Originally posted by EK 2.0
Two Words...

Joe...Montgomery...