PDA

View Full Version : My hit and run story

mac_82
09-05-2005, 06:31 PM
So last week I went on a road trip with my buddy out to the west coast. Our final destination was Salt Spring Island. We drove out in my car that I had purchased 3 weeks earlier.

On tuesday night we pulled into the beer store to buy some beers for the night. To the right of my car, a couple of parking spots over was an old moped/scooter. This thing didnt have a muffler on it, and was the loudest pos you have ever heard in your life, and that is when it is just idling. When we got into the store, the guy who was riding the moped was just paying for his beer and was leaving. The guy at the counter mentioned something to us about his abnormally loud moped, because the guy was in there basically every day.

So me and my friend are at the back of the store at the beer fridge, when we hear this thing start up. All I can say is wow. A couple of seconds later my car alarm goes off. I figure it is because this thing is so loud. So I poke my head around the corner of the isle, and the guy on his moped is sitting there looking at me. Then he takes off pretty quick. I think nothing of it, until the guy at the front counter says he thinks the guy just hit my car because my side mirror was bent back. So me and my buddy run out of the store to find the side of my car scratched to shit.

To make a longer story short, one guy witnessed the whole thing, security tapes got this a$$ on video, got his plates. RCMP came, wrote accident report, and finally found the guy a week later. He got a nice big ticket for hit and run, and who knows what else.

For all of you that have been hit and run with no idea who did it or what happened, sometimes there can be a happy ending to it. Altought I still have to go to the hastle of getting the car fixed, at least it is not coming out of my pocket.

mac_82
09-05-2005, 06:33 PM
pic #2

mac_82
09-05-2005, 06:34 PM
pic #3

mshaw
09-05-2005, 06:38 PM
shitty deal, good that u found him though, what an ass

l8braker
09-05-2005, 06:39 PM
yeah least you found him. is that the shushwap area ?

mac_82
09-05-2005, 06:47 PM
No its an island between Vancouver and Victoria, in the Gulf Islands. So I am pretty surprised it took the cops over a week to find the guy, considering it is a small island, but at least they found him. The damage on the door is worse than it comes out in the pics, it is dented in where he hit it.

I was just pretty pissed because something like that had to happen 3 weeks after I bought the car. :banghead:

dooman24
09-05-2005, 06:47 PM
HAHA happy endind!! YAY lol.. you're one of the lucky ones that found who their hit and run guy is..

schurchill39
09-05-2005, 06:57 PM
How did he manage to do that with his scooter?
Good to hear it has a happy ending.

mac_82
09-05-2005, 07:01 PM
I think he must have been drunk, for him to hit my car from so far away, and then take off. The dent where he hit is just below the side mirror, he scratched the mirror, and dragged his scooter down the side of my car. It still amazes me to this day how it happened.

Seanith
09-06-2005, 12:30 AM
What a stupid fuck.. glad they caught him :thumbsup:

DC2
09-06-2005, 08:10 AM
score for catching him
cops can do something right:thumbsup:

dmtx
09-06-2005, 08:41 AM
You're not even parked beside him, how stupid that guy is!!

Anyway, too bad it happened but sure glad you got the guy nailed....

heavyD
09-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Hit & runs, and vandals are the worst. Glad to see some sort of justice will be served as most of these low-lifes end up getting away with it.

mac_82
09-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Any one know what a hit and run ticket is worth in BC? Im sure it won't look good on his record either.

PGTze
09-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
Any one know what a hit and run ticket is worth in BC? Im sure it won't look good on his record either.

probably better then the DUI he would have got though if he was drunk

duffspec
09-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Right on one for the good guy's. :thumbsup: I hope that mofo wipes out.

working_on_iy
09-08-2005, 09:30 AM
bummer man, I woulda beat the livin.. glad to hear they got em:thumbsup:

wheelz
09-08-2005, 09:38 AM
looks like you had better luck than me.
At 3am about three years ago, I'm driving home and some guy in a dark colored fox body mustang pulls up next to me at the lights, and revs the engine, now back then I had the stock lump under my hood and new that I had no chance against a mustang, let alone one with that distinctive whine (supercharger) It had been raining earlier so I said no. Dude unrolls his window and we talked for a second light go green and I preced to turn left, then I hear tires squealing and look in my rearview mirior and see him all over the road fish taling towards me, I put my foot in it hoping he as enough time to recover. He doestnt and proceeds to slame into my passenger side, slams me into the curb. I stop, and look in my rear view again, and the asshole is jumping the curb and takes off in the other direction. Cops wouldnt do anything, insurance theatned to raise my insurance, so I was stuck with the bill. What and asshole, even if he was drunk I wouldnt have said anything to the cops, just wanted to get my car fixed.

Supa Dexta
09-08-2005, 05:11 PM
It took a week for them to find the guy who hit me as well.. And I'm some glad they did find him, since the bill came to 6900$!.. I'm sure insurance company is loving him right now, about as much as I do..

:guns: