PDA

View Full Version : WTB : Decent Home Theater System

karlee
09-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Im looking into buying a decent home theater system, but nothing too expensive, im not tryin to be cheap, its just this is my first house, and i dont need anything huge

im thinking something along the lines of....
-T.V.
-Speakers
-DVD player

im sure im missing something, but if you have anything please let me know!!!
thnx

Thaco
09-06-2005, 04:52 PM
this is a pretty decent theater system, considering the price.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=file&memx_menu=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=6087&SID=27843

also if interested i have a 50" hitachi rear projection tv for $1000 (paid $2500 like 4 years ago)

karlee
09-06-2005, 04:54 PM
that is a really nice system, and its small which is good, im interested in the tv aswell......

how much are you asking for all of it???

Thaco
09-06-2005, 05:01 PM
i dont have that theater system... that just for sale at memoryexpress.

the tv i have is
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86661

karlee
09-06-2005, 06:38 PM
thats really nice, did u sell the entertainment stand???
ill have to think about it though

Thaco
09-06-2005, 07:11 PM
yes the stand is sold.

dmtx
09-06-2005, 08:31 PM
what is your budget in mind?? my suggestion is decide first the max amount you would like to spend..... and alot your money (tv, dvd, receive, speakers,etc) from there.

karlee
09-06-2005, 08:46 PM
personally, i couldn't see myself spending anymore than like $2000, and i mean if i cant find ne thing on here, ill just staff purchase it from work!!

dmtx
09-06-2005, 09:08 PM
$2000 can give you a lot of options.....I purchased my stuff from the states and Ontario but I would check the soundsaround big four sale for sure... I believe it's this weekend. But I also suggest you to check their stores before Friday and ask the guys for some suggestions for your money. They may suggest stuff that won't be on sale at the big four but still worth knowing what your options are.

I don't work for soundsaround, actually I have some unresolved warranty problems with them with my videocam but that doesn't mean they sell crap.

The other option is go to Futureshop. I know one guy there that gave me a pretty good deal. He cut atleast $400 off the price of my HK receiver.

If FS can match it, I choose FS any day of the week. I purchased computer speakers from them, 8 months later it died. And they replaced it with newer model... no questions asked because of the extended warranty. Same case with one of my amps.

Soundsaround didn't replace my videocam after 2 repairs done... and being lied to twice that it was repaired already... even with extended warranty..... it was like pulling teeth off a drunk elephant!!! I still go to soundsaround though, i may be stupid or something but their price still attracts me. I purchased few items from them and had no problem.. got bad luck out of the videocam i guess....

If you're interested with the FS contact, let me know.. i will PM you his contact info.

Mckenzie
09-06-2005, 09:15 PM
I have to say that although FS prices aren't that great, their service and warranty are pretty decent. Soundsaround is good for prices and thats about it. Their service is horrendous and borderline criminal if you ask me.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97725&highlight=paradigm

dmtx
09-06-2005, 09:28 PM
^^ I don't know him but PSB is one of the best speakers...

Karlee, you can check his speakers... bring your receiver with you if he's willing to demo it.

http://audioreview.com/cat/speakers/main-speaker/psb-speakers/PRD_123798_1594crx.aspx

karlee
09-06-2005, 10:46 PM
well the funny thing guys is that i work for best buy hahaha and used to work at future shop, now i can get my staff purchse if i wanted to, but im looking for something a little bit cheaper, cause somethings have really high markup and some DONT, its frustrating, like my department there is really high markup on everything, but home theater isn't all that great, im just tryin to explore my options, hopefully i can find something that is a really good deal on here, although i still have to save up the money!!!
but thanks for youe input guys!!!
ciao

karlee
09-07-2005, 08:50 PM
bump!!! :thumbsup: