PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive MP3 Players

Speed_69
09-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Well i've decided that it's finally time for me to buy an mp3 player so i just have a question.

i've been comparing flash mp3 players, hard drive mp3 players and apple ipods and just want to know if anyone has had any issues with hard drive mp3 players and apple ipods battery. i've heard that some of these players have problems with the built-in battery dying and no longer being able to recharge. so how long does the built-in battery usually last for?

i've been looking at the iRiver IFP799T 1.0GB MP3 Player but i really rather get something bigger like a Apple 4GB iPod mini, just scared about the built-in battery issue.

Thaco
09-06-2005, 07:44 PM
the battery can be changed, you just have to take the whole casing off, and that frightens some people.., check ebay for replacement batteries pricing.. its fairly reasonable.

Weapon_R
09-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Batteries on the new ipods are great. They can also be easily changed.

Speed_69
09-06-2005, 09:22 PM
thanks! i think i'm gonna actually go with the ipod mini now then!:D

koopkoop2
09-06-2005, 09:44 PM
WAIT!

New minis are being released very soon. It'll possibly be announced tomorrow.

-Solid state only. No more hard drive which results in crazy battery life (~40 hrs)

-Possible reduction in size or an increase in features due to extra space presented by the obsolecence of the hard drive.

-Full colour screen.

Read it all here:

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0509ipod.html

I know it's a rumour site, but this site has never been wrong when regarding the iPod.

I was going to buy one too, but I decided to wait after I saw the article.

Xtrema
09-06-2005, 10:19 PM
The rumors of Ipod Mini going solid state been around for weeks.