PDA

View Full Version : To those with Racing Seats

szw
02-06-2003, 12:08 AM
How comfortable or uncomfortable are they?

For any car I've driven (all stock seats), my lower back starts to hurt a lot after driving more than 30 minutes.

My friends think I keep the stuffed animals they give me in my backseat because they are cute, but really I grab one and stick it between my lower back and seat for support! haha

Do you think a racing seat help? I want to go test 'sit' one but dont really want to sit there for over half an hour to see if it works or not!

RSeXy
02-06-2003, 12:21 AM
there is this purple civic that always parks in the art parkade..with altezzas and some huge cheap exhaust, apr spoiler..some girl drives it...ooh yeah..and did i mention the harness that is draped over the stock honda seat? oh yes. holyshiet. what a girl..and she has a sh*tty attitude to match. i was driving beside her one time and she and her bf were giving me dirty looks. hurt!!

so yeah...if you get a racing seat...get the actual seat and not just the harness!

can't you buy back pillows for your car seats?

mrmattyk
02-06-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by RSeXy
there is this purple civic that always parks in the art parkade..with altezzas and some huge cheap exhaust, apr spoiler..some girl drives it...ooh yeah..and did i mention the harness that is draped over the stock honda seat? oh yes. holyshiet. what a girl..and she has a sh*tty attitude to match. i was driving beside her one time and she and her bf were giving me dirty looks. hurt!!

so yeah...if you get a racing seat...get the actual seat and not just the harness!

can't you buy back pillows for your car seats?

I laid a fat patch of dirty snow on her car after she gave me this 'eat shit' look! I guess she came back to a brown civic :devil: She seems like a bitch. So I guess I got revenge for me and RSeXy. If she gives you another dirty look let me know and it's jimmy time :D

GTS Jeff
02-06-2003, 12:25 AM
sounds like u need more lumbar support if u are sticking stuffed animals back there...as far as i know, racing seats dont offer too much of that :dunno:

hehe my stock seat has the coolest lumbar support...INFLATABLE

RSeXy
02-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

I laid a fat patch of dirty snow on her car after she gave me this 'eat shit' look! I guess she came back to a brown civic :devil: She seems like a bitch. So I guess I got revenge for me and RSeXy. If she gives you another dirty look let me know and it's jimmy time :D

hahah! suh-weet! :clap:

you've seen that car too? its a riot! she needs a ricer ticket!

Fuji
02-06-2003, 12:36 AM
You missed out man... The seat I just got in isthe best mod ever. The seat is extremely comfortable and holds you in. I never expected a race seat to provide that much satisfaction.

The race seat has a pad to provide lower back support, but the ride is definately "bumpier" than before, but I would still do it knowing this.

mrmattyk
02-06-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by RSeXy

hahah! suh-weet! :clap:

you've seen that car too? its a riot! she needs a ricer ticket!

How can you miss it! Oh well it's pretty a pretty rare car. I dont think Calgary has very many Honda Civic Mugen Type-R's powered by Vtec :rofl: Ya I didn't notice any stickering, but the wing and the exhaust noise was horrid! :eek:

RSeXy
02-06-2003, 12:49 AM
haha..for sures! frig...i mean props to her for being into the scene and stuff...but seriously...the girl needs taste! haha..and her boyfriend is a dork too! he's giving me this smug look..and i'm thinking "dude, you are in a PURPLE civic...why are you so arrogant?"

Seanith
02-06-2003, 01:01 AM
Hmm...have you guys seen teh civic with the ugly ass altezzas, the green "H" emblem and the "autodream" banner on the back of the windshield? IMO that car looks heinous as well..i've probably seen this purple monstrousity too..theres also an ugly ass del sol...

Weapon_R
02-06-2003, 01:01 AM
They are very comfortable I think. Especially if you get the lower lumbar support that attaches to the stock seat.

Blue Devil 2
02-06-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
Hmm...have you guys seen teh civic with the ugly ass altezzas, the green "H" emblem and the "autodream" banner on the back of the windshield? IMO that car looks heinous as well..i've probably seen this purple monstrousity too..theres also an ugly ass del sol...

how small do you think Calgary is?

4wheeldrift
02-06-2003, 07:46 AM
I love my Evo 2s, they are literaly the most comfortable seat I've ever planted my butt in. If you need more lumbar support, some models have more built in. Sparco also offers a little pillow type deal that velcros to the seatback to provide it. Most race seat backs tend to be fairly flat.

fast95pony
02-06-2003, 08:02 AM
I have Daytona Cobra's in the Mustang.They are quite firm,and you can feel how the car handles much better than the stock seats.I really like them,but I haven't tried any long road trips in them.

Alan

legendboy
02-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Fuji
You missed out man... The seat I just got in isthe best mod ever. The seat is extremely comfortable and holds you in. I never expected a race seat to provide that much satisfaction.

The race seat has a pad to provide lower back support, but the ride is definately "bumpier" than before, but I would still do it knowing this.

hahaha, I think were making everybody jelous with our seats lol
This seat is better than having a fu*$in lazyboy in my car. I love it. I think this is the best mod I've done so far! Thanks again J.:thumbsup:

Heres a pic of it but mines black with grey sued instead of yellow. Momo Acropolis
http://store4.yimg.com/I/fusevsl_1719_1397204

MrX
02-06-2003, 11:06 AM
My momo seat was one of the best mods i've done as well. My factory seats were comfy as hell, had lot's of lumbar support. etc...but the momo surpassed all my expectations. I've done long road trips in that seat and never once did i feel tired, or uncomfortable planted in there.

And like a couple of people have mentioned, if you don't have enough lumbar with the racing seat, you can opt to buy the velcro on lumbar pillow.

2000impreza
02-06-2003, 01:46 PM
the race seat is probably one of the best mods i've done.... i actually look forward to driving to places now. haha.

Si_FlyGuy
02-06-2003, 04:06 PM
not to get away from topic...but I think doing lots of lower back exercises help prevent those back pains :)

frostyda9
02-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Worth the money. You'll love it, but your non-speed oriented friends will hate it ;)

HK2NR
02-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

How can you miss it! Oh well it's pretty a pretty rare car. I dont think Calgary has very many Honda Civic Mugen Type-R's powered by Vtec :rofl: Ya I didn't notice any stickering, but the wing and the exhaust noise was horrid! :eek:

Noooo! :banghead:
i haven't seen this thing yet.. think i'll head on over to art parkade during a break:D

2000impreza
02-06-2003, 05:41 PM
racing seats offer more support but they are so much harder than stock seats. if stock seats give you back problems then a racing seat would make it worse..... just imo

DUBBED
02-06-2003, 07:13 PM
im 6 2 and had a set of sparco sprints in my ac last summer... IMO once they broke in they were the best mod ive ever done to my car.. i was surprised how comfy there were considering how big i am.... over time the seats will form to your body... and suppport you where you need it...

Ben
02-06-2003, 07:23 PM
Recaro Seats OWN!

Fuji
02-06-2003, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by legendboy
[B]

hahaha, I think were making everybody jelous with our seats lol
This seat is better than having a fu*$in lazyboy in my car. I love it. I think this is the best mod I've done so far! Thanks again J.:thumbsup:

Heres a pic of it but mines black with grey sued instead of yellow. Momo Acropolis

No man ... Thanks for building brackets for me... They are way better than what I had in mind. Stainless brackets are a bit heavy, but guaranteed to be strong :)

civic_stylez
02-07-2003, 09:20 PM
i have momo t2000s and i love em it make you feel like your apart of the car when you drive. I LOVE MY MOMOS!! illusionsir knows what im talkin about!

AutodreamMarvin
02-08-2003, 02:11 PM
I HATE MOMO SEATS WITH A PASSION!

me+ass getting stuck on seat+having to get salesman to yank it off my ass+being in west ed when it happened=deep hatred toward momo rookie seat

now i lost 30lbs. fits me like a glove. have no money

DAMN YOU MOMO SEAT!

civic_stylez
02-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by brbHPR
I HATE MOMO SEATS WITH A PASSION!

me+ass getting stuck on seat+having to get salesman to yank it off my ass+being in west ed when it happened=deep hatred toward momo rookie seat

now i lost 30lbs. fits me like a glove. have no money

DAMN YOU MOMO SEAT!

hahaha thats priceless, i will admit the momo seats left me a poor ass!

Fluidic
02-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Recaro seats are where it's at. I would really like to get some aftermarket seats for my car, maybe even the GTI 337 Recaro seats... but I think I would miss the heated seats and the leather smell/feel and look.

Peter