PDA

View Full Version : Sound Proofing...

Skyline_Addict
09-06-2005, 09:54 PM
hey guys, I have TEIN HA true coil overs on my car. I find that the rears make alot of noise (knocking) during and after going over uneven surfaces or bumps. the fronts don't make any noise. it sounds like somebody is in the trunk, knocking on the trunk lid or there are things rolling around in the trunk and it's getting pretty irritating. I knew ahead of time that they would make noise, but I would like to do something about it. any measures I can go about to soundproof the car (particularly the trunk area, where the struts are mounted). anything I can put over the mounted area to sort of phase out the sound?

thanks

GTS Jeff
09-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Well first make sure the noise is normal...

Skyline_Addict
09-07-2005, 01:33 AM
^^ it's very normal, as it uses upper pillow ball mounts (spherical) and any one with the tein HA has to deal with this.

GTS Jeff
09-07-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
^^ it's very normal, as it uses upper pillow ball mounts (spherical) and any one with the tein HA has to deal with this. I also have spherical bearing mounts. I just got used to the noise. :D

You COULD try dynamatting your car, but it's easier to just get used to the noise.

Skyline_Addict
09-07-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I also have spherical bearing mounts. I just got used to the noise. :D

You COULD try dynamatting your car, but it's easier to just get used to the noise.

i usually just jack up the volume on the cd player, but still, it's really annoying...i miss my stock four door civic!