PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam

ca2p3r
09-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Im planning a backpack trip in europe, starting at amsterdam. Has anyone ever been before? or could anybody tell me some things that i should go do/see while im there?
thanks

Kobe
09-07-2005, 08:10 PM
the question is what isnt there 2 do???

bored go see a sex show, or try some ganja lol...

cman
09-07-2005, 08:12 PM
smoke mad ____...legally
haha search on the internet or go get a tourist hot spot book, they can be helpful.

Foz
09-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Vundersex...

Heh, only if you saw EuroTrip.

Mckenzie
09-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Foz
Vundersex...

Heh, only if you saw EuroTrip.

bahaha great scene :rofl:

I've heard its like the Vegas of Europe....sex, drugs, etc. etc....I'll be going there in a couple years. :thumbsup: PICS PICS!!

AJL
09-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Ive been there... uhh numerous times. I think 5, maybe 6 times?
Well thats beside the point.
What to do in Amsterdam is totally depending on what the purpose of your trip is.
Do you like to see history? Museums? Art Galleries? If so I definitly recomend the Van Gogh museum, along with the Anne Frank House.
OR
Like to party? have fun? get wasted? If thats the case then the "coffee shops" are all around, some pretty crazy folks in there. The night clubs are crazy parties... you know its a good party when you walk through 3 metal detectors... Also the numerous sex shops and sex shows offer entertainment (if you are into that).

There are others, I can list more if you want. Regardless of which route you take (can do a combination too) You MUST stop at the sqaure in front of Orange Palace, always something to see/do there. And take a walk through the Red Light District... or a stop. Interesting sights in that area. The prostitutes are actually quite hot. (dont take a picture though, my friend almost got the S**T kicked out of him by a pimp for doing so)

Hope this helped! Have fun, its an amazing city.

jasonl
09-07-2005, 11:41 PM
I was there few weeks ago, but only during the daytime so I didn't get to enjoy the nightlife. Walked through the red light district but not many on duty during the day lol... but ganja coffee shops open all the time :)

I did a lot of shopping when I was there (nice shopping district, but forgot what it's called), but you probably won't wanna do that if you're backpacking, but you should check out some of their G-star stuff :thumbsup:

pints
09-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Heineken Brewery!
Have a look around the red light district, check out the coffee shops and a few museums if your into it.

Mr. Burns
09-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Amsterdam is so much fun. Don't waste your time and money at the Bananenbar tho. Weaksauce :thumbsdow

ca2p3r
09-08-2005, 01:20 PM
im gonna party lots, but i figure i might as well check out some things that are worth remembering later on in life. The Van Gogh museum, and the Anne Frank House are both things im deffinitly gonna have to check out.

Was The Shopping Cheap?

"Bananenbar" is that the weed cafe? is weed expense ?

what are the good clubs to hit up down there.

Mr. Burns
09-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Bananenbar is the place where girls do interesting things with bananas. If you are going to checkout weed cafe's the best ones are:

De Dampkring
Abraxas
De Kuil
De Rokerij
Grey Area (not good to smoke in, but they have the best stuff)

There is a club there called CokRing... but ithink it is a gay club so you may want to stay away.