PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Rear Quarter Panel

schurchill39
09-07-2005, 09:04 PM
I NEED to find by next weekend (because that is when i am comming down to calgary) a passenger side rear quater panel from a parts car for a 1989 hatch back 240sx. If required i can cut it out myself. No specific color but i would like it to be in fairly good condition (the metal). I will take what i can get though.

If any one has or knows of a parts car or knows if a junkyard has any hatchback 240's around i would really appreciate it.

pressure_ratio
09-14-2005, 01:01 PM
From the pics of the damage on your car,you might be better off to try and fix it.Pull the dents hammer and dolly.I know the idea of a new pannel might sound like a good idea but it's a LOT of work.
The heat from welding and grinding the welds will cause so much warpage that you'll be hammering for ever,then the welds crack,it's a PIA.

schurchill39
09-14-2005, 01:05 PM
No i have talked to a body guy and he says replacing the panel is deffinitly the way to go. He says i would need to do so much hammering and metal shrinking afterwards it would be so much better to replace it. And, coincidentally, that is exactly what i am learning in school.

dymz999
09-14-2005, 05:18 PM
then the body shop guy you are talking to should go back to school. If you would see the kind of stuff national collision did to my car you'd be amazed. They got rid of 1 dent that seriously looked unrepairable. Any decent body shop should be able to fix the damage.

schurchill39
09-14-2005, 10:32 PM
yea but for the body shop to do it i got quoted at almost 3 grand. Thats why i am doing it myself in school. Replacing it would be easiest. the whole bottom side is the "direct damage" part where the metal is wrinkled. I am not good enough to shrink metal yet thats why i am replacing it.

I think i might of found a panel though so maybe when i start fixing it and slap the silvia front end i will start a thread to keep you guys updated?