PDA

View Full Version : Cone Air Filter?

James
02-06-2003, 05:37 AM
Where should i go to buy JUST the Air Filter, i will be doing this mod to my AFM asap http://members.fortunecity.com/gt5841e/mr2/intake/intake.html

All i need is some stuff from Home Depot, an adapter, and Cone stylefilter, im thinkin K&N because they basically have a lifetime warranty..any other Suggestions?, and remember ..Cheap!! :D..Does anyone have anything used? and i think it has to have a 3" inlet, not sure if thats standard size or not :dunno:

bigboom
02-06-2003, 10:12 AM
i just bought a k and n cone filter from Mopac...it was approx 60 dollars...if you want even cheaper you can look into a Ractive or Vibrant or something like that but i would highly reccomend the k&n.

jdmakkord
02-06-2003, 11:27 AM
mopac is the cheapest place for k&n's. Other stores have even sent me there, besides they have everything in stock.

GTS Jeff
02-06-2003, 11:37 AM
hey man, i have an intake done pretty close to that, but i didnt replace the piping between the tb and the maf...thatd be a bitch...

anyway, make sure the k&n u buy FITS! i originally got a k&n and it was too damn big....my mechanic ended up finding me a smaller cone filter from some japanese company..

350hp_or_Bust
02-06-2003, 12:09 PM
The cheapest place I found for my K&N (just a cone) was Speedville ... they were cheaper than Mopac by about $5 ... but they did have to order it in, which took a few weeks.

Weapon_R
02-06-2003, 12:21 PM
CDN tire carries them for $40