PDA

View Full Version : Q: Mothers Spray Wax

GUA
09-08-2005, 07:12 AM
anyone knows which one is better for a spray wax?

Mothers Reflections Spray Wax
or
Mothers FX Spray Wax

where can i get them in Canada?
or i only can get them in US
thanks

calgarygts
09-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Depends on what you're looking for in a wax. The mother's reflections is a carnauba wax, so it will look deeper and wetter than the FX wax, but will not last as long. So if you're going to be waxing the car every month then get that. If you want more durability, then go with the FX which is a synthetic wax. Synthetic waxes last longer but typically don't have the wetness or depth that a carnauba does. I've found that the synthetics I've used have had more shine or 'pop', good for metallics.

I don't know where you can find those though. Do you have to use a spray wax?

GUA
09-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by calgarygts
Depends on what you're looking for in a wax. The mother's reflections is a carnauba wax, so it will look deeper and wetter than the FX wax, but will not last as long. So if you're going to be waxing the car every month then get that. If you want more durability, then go with the FX which is a synthetic wax. Synthetic waxes last longer but typically don't have the wetness or depth that a carnauba does. I've found that the synthetics I've used have had more shine or 'pop', good for metallics.

I don't know where you can find those though. Do you have to use a spray wax?

:bigpimp: is for my gf, she is lazy and don't have time to wax the car very often, and i am don't have too much time to take care her car.
btw, the car is black. want to have shine and some protection.

calgarygts
09-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Get a synthetic wax, and a spray wax isn't any faster than regular bottled wax. I would get meguire's nxt wax at canadian tire. It's a little expensive, but it will last much longer than the others. If you can convince your gf to put two coats on a day apart of each other (you have to wait 24 hours for the wax to bond to the paint) the car should be protected for a good couple of months, maybe more. I've got the nxt paste version and I've waxed around 10ish cars and still have around half left.
Since you're not doing anything else to the paint (I think) maybe you should look for a cleaner wax. You should be able to find mother's cleaner wax around there.

GUA
09-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by calgarygts
Get a synthetic wax, and a spray wax isn't any faster than regular bottled wax. I would get meguire's nxt wax at canadian tire. It's a little expensive, but it will last much longer than the others. If you can convince your gf to put two coats on a day apart of each other (you have to wait 24 hours for the wax to bond to the paint) the car should be protected for a good couple of months, maybe more. I've got the nxt paste version and I've waxed around 10ish cars and still have around half left.
Since you're not doing anything else to the paint (I think) maybe you should look for a cleaner wax. You should be able to find mother's cleaner wax around there.

yep, we know the spray wax isn't as good as the paste one, but is more convenience when you don't have time to wax, and you can have a little protection when you dry your car. :D

rhiebert
09-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Occaisionaly I use Miracle Waterless Wash, an aerosol spray, Amsoil product. If the car is not filthy, just a few bugs and a light dusty look, it's great because it sure beats getting out the garden hose or spending $8.00 at a car wash. It lasts about three months, dpending on the dirt.

93hustler
10-27-2005, 11:45 AM
If the car is black you might want to try Eagle One nano wax, it gets rid of the swirl marks that show up on dark paint.

Vagabond142
10-27-2005, 12:02 PM
From what I've seen of peoples cars, I think the best treatment is the Zaino system. It's expensive, but the shine and depth of said shine I have yet to see matched. It looks AWESOME on a black car, too... I mean, literally a mirror, without any swirl marks or any of that jazz. The downside is that it takes 2-3 days to apply the full system. There's the car wash, claybar assisting compound, preshine, shine, and clearcoat protectant, and that's just the basic system, if I remember correctly

5hift
10-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Im sorry to jack this thread but I'm a little new to this kinda cleaning (up until now it was the car wash)

so from what I've gotten from the threads, the order is

1) Wash
2) Claybar
3) Wash
4) Dry
5) Wax

Then you wait a day and wax it again? Does that mean avoid driving the car until the 2nd wax is complete?

calgarygts
10-28-2005, 10:16 AM
That's the right order, although claybar should not be done too often. It is a mild abrasive, and only needs to be done a couple of times a year really. I think every six months would be fine. I will be waiting a year between claybarring sessions on my car. Depending on the wax you're using, you may be able to put more coats on right away.