PDA

View Full Version : Drag Race Turns Deadly - LANGHORNE, Pa.

CLiVE
02-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Not sure if you guys caught this headline. Very scary stuff. Saw this posted on 3si.org, since there was a 3S involved in the crash.

Copy and pasted from NBC:

http://www.nbc10.com/news/1960472/detail.html

Go and watch the video in the link. The car was split in half and the driver was thrown from the car..ie: not wearing his seat belt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LANGHORNE, Pa. -- A drag race at a local mall takes a racer's life in a horrific crash. The shopping center was open at the time of the crash Wednesday night.

FeedRoom

Drag Race Turns Deadly

Police in Middletown Township, Bucks County, say the accident happened near Sesame Place at the Oxford Valley Mall on Wednesday night around 8 p.m.

Officials say that two cars were racing along a road on the grounds of the mall. The race came to an end against a tree outside Sesame Place.

Police say Sean Logue, 20, from, Bristol, Pa., was driving a black Mitsubishi 3000 and racing against a driver in red Honda Civic.

Witnesses say that Logue apparently lost control of the Mitsubishi and the car split in half when it hit the tree.

Officers in the scene interviewed by NBC 10 said this wasn't an isolated incident.

"We have noticed an increase in drag racing and it's with motor vehicles, motorcycles and sport cars," said one officer. "I don't know if recent movies have anything to do with it but it's an alarming trend."

The officer said that on Sunday night police responded to another serious accident on nearby Route 1 involving drag racing.

Police are looking for the other car involved in the race. They'd like to talk with the driver. Witnesses say the red Honda Civic simply drove away after the accident.

Mikko
02-06-2003, 12:09 PM
I have no sympathy for victims of social darwinism.

HillBilly
02-06-2003, 12:49 PM
At least he was beating the Civic when he smacked the tree...

Still shitty though.

Weapon_R
02-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Stealth R/T
At least he was beating the Civic when he smacked the tree...

Still shitty though.

He's a real winner hey? Why was he racing a civic is beyond me...

Dave P
02-06-2003, 04:15 PM
That is what my altima looked like.

only my tree was bigger.

eww evil memories.

DAVE P

ecstasy_civic
02-06-2003, 09:06 PM
that was insane how it was totally ripped apart. what a retard for the civic to just drive away.

and just another point. where he says "the mitsu. 3000 was beating the red civic." i sure hope so otherwise that would be one fast civic!!! lol

aZnBlooD
02-06-2003, 10:09 PM
what a sad story...but what stupid drivers!

i hope driver of the civic got lots of damage on his car....bastard just drove away...

Ajay
02-06-2003, 10:31 PM
The owner of that Civic is gonna have more than damage to his car to worry about.

He left the scene of an accident that he contributed to, I wouldn't doubt it if this driver of the Civic get's a related charge of manslaughter or something like that considering EVERY district in North America is trying to clamp down on street racing.

DSM Power
02-07-2003, 08:31 PM
Damn, that is SAD. With his shoes lying on the sidewalk, I assume he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was thrown from the vehicle...? :confused: :(

Kronyk
02-07-2003, 09:19 PM
So it was some guy in a red civic eh, not many off those around, good look catching the guy.

[GaGe]
02-07-2003, 09:40 PM
who here has a red civic? :confused: :rolleyes: