PDA

View Full Version : Check out this months issue of Performance Auto and Sound...

Ben
09-08-2005, 01:18 PM
The SCN Calgary Carshow is showcased on Page 102-104. Written and photographed by yours truly =P

Always nice seeing your work in print.

GoChris
09-08-2005, 01:35 PM
cool, congrats :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
09-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Sweet deal, Ben. Good for you! :thumbsup:

2000_SI
09-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Nice work dude, it was a good article...

Melinda
09-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Good job Ben, I'd like to be happy for ya, but as I'm sure you can understand, the circumstances that took place on that weekend kinda prevent me from feeling that.

Constructive critism for next time though, your article jumps around quite a bit, there isn't a lot of steady flow from topic to topic. Starts on topic A, jumps to B and C and then back to A then C again kinda thing. Otherwise not bad.

Ben
09-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
Good job Ben, I'd like to be happy for ya, but as I'm sure you can understand, the circumstances that took place on that weekend kinda prevent me from feeling that.

Constructive critism for next time though, your article jumps around quite a bit, there isn't a lot of steady flow from topic to topic. Starts on topic A, jumps to B and C and then back to A then C again kinda thing. Otherwise not bad.

Thanks for the advice Mel, as I dont write a lot of magazine articles any aid is always appreciated. Had to incorporate specific requirements into the article, as well as provide an exciting tone to it, I'll get it figured out eventually. :)

As for the other comment, absolutly, 100% agree, we'll discus formally offline later on. :)

max_boost
09-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Post it up!!!

Good job Ben:thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
09-08-2005, 05:19 PM
:confused: What the hell.. where'd my post go... :rofl:

AGAIN, Congrats Ben. I'm gonna have to pick up a copy of this... :thumbsup:

Ekliptix
09-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Holy damn! Congrats dude!!! You need to frame that on the wall!

schurchill39
09-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Agreed. Great article non the less and i cant imagine how that would feel to see your article and pictures printed in a magasine like tjat. How abouts did you get the chance to do this? Through work ect? Its nice to see a medicine hat car made it in there (orange civic hatch with the big ass IRIDIUM sticker and the blue strip thing)

cman
09-08-2005, 11:29 PM
thanks for the mention to jspeed as well. all the member were shocked and ecstatic to be mentioned in such a magazine.
I'll pass on the message that an "evil beyonder" was the one to give mention.:thumbsup:

GQBalla
09-08-2005, 11:31 PM
whoa cool!!!

nice work!

Ben
09-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39

How abouts did you get the chance to do this? Through work ect?

Word of mouth actually. :)

Originally posted by cman
thanks for the mention to jspeed as well. all the member were shocked and ecstatic to be mentioned in such a magazine.
I'll pass on the message that an "evil beyonder" was the one to give mention.:thumbsup:

No worries.

SCN was really happy with your club representation and overall good spirit of your group, the least I could do. :)

Thanks everyone, appreciate the support.

theken
09-08-2005, 11:48 PM
congrats ben now u can do a shoot of the z and get her published :D

barmanjay
09-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Ben

No worries.

SCN was really happy with your club representation and overall good spirit of your group, the least I could do. :)

no beyonder is evil,.. heck I'm a member too ;)

anyways,.. great write up Ben

Awesome to see a local in the scene do a write up vs. someone who lives in T.O. doing it :D

88CRX
09-09-2005, 08:42 AM
photos and article by ben mitton!!! ohhh snap!!

nice work :thumbsup:

86max
09-09-2005, 08:48 AM
:werd: Good job Ben, there's some wikkid shots in there.

:thumbsup:

1-Bar
09-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Nice job Ben.....I'll be sure to pick it up and see your shots and your penmanship :)

schurchill39
09-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Ha i just am reading it again as we speak. You were pretty avaid on mentioning all the hotties around. Good work! That is definitly what i noticed first!

amee
09-27-2005, 04:13 PM
...looks good ben, glad i could offer the opportunity, hope you appreciated it.

amee

Originally posted by Ben

No worries.

finboy
09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
congrats buddy

trikypenguin
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM
and its got a 97 dodge neon sport as the cover car lol