PDA

View Full Version : Scratch on car

2K255HP
06-28-2002, 11:57 PM
All i'd like to really say is a big FU to whoever the Fu*k did it :thumbsdow

What the hell are people's problem fackin touchin other's people's property get a fackin life morons :madred:

sorrie really had to rant on this

I was closing my garage door and my car is dusty as hell and i saw right behind the driverside rear door someone had touched the car.....not any touch basically the guy rubbed a big spot circular spot the size of a soccer ball

I go look more closely and :eek: I see a scratch about 8-10 cm long most likey made with a key...man i really wish i knew who did it cuz :guns:

Ne wayz can anyone recommend what I can do about it
any products or anything like that?

Thanx

ninspeed
06-29-2002, 12:28 AM
Scratch X by meguaires.. only 14.99 @ crappy tire

redline_13000
06-29-2002, 12:35 AM
a compound/polish might work....what about that gt 88 scratch remover?:dunno:

Mortimer Schnur
06-29-2002, 12:36 AM
I feel for ya, man. I see the nicest cars scratched, hit and run, and egged. Egging is really bad the way the shell cuts a round jagged mark. Anyway, by the sounds of it, it is right through the colour, so basically you're hooped. Refinish of the quarter and prolly blend into the door. Ballpark it at maybe around $400.

In the meantime, all you can do is try to protect the metal. If you are particularly adept, get some touch up paint from an automotive paint supplier. Clean off any wax. Fill the scratch in very delicately, but completely. Mask the area pretty close to the repair. Wet sand with 1500 to take it down, but you have to be really careful not to take the finish off around it. Finish up with polish, finer polish, and wax. (Meguiars' or Mothers Carnauba based). This takes some patience and won't hide things completely, just protects from corrosion.

*** Don't even attempt if you aren't sure of yourself! ***

You can imagine the potential for making an even bigger mess of things. But if you have some skills, this will get you by. You can also start to maintain your hood and bumper with the inevitable rock chips with the little kit you have assembled.

Not what the pros do. They would refinish the panel.

2K255HP
06-29-2002, 01:22 AM
Anyone know where i can find 3M perfect it II rubbing compound or 3M swirl mark remover
i got some advice those work pretty well?

Thanx for the sympathy man :)

nismodrifter
06-29-2002, 01:53 AM
Meguiars #9 Swirl remover also works good for swirlz, most likely won't work for your problem if its gone thorough the paint :thumbsdow

Fluidic
06-29-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by 2K255HP
All i'd like to really say is a big FU to whoever the Fu*k did it :thumbsdow

What the hell are people's problem fackin touchin other's people's property get a fackin life morons :madred:

sorrie really had to rant on this

I was closing my garage door and my car is dusty as hell and i saw right behind the driverside rear door someone had touched the car.....not any touch basically the guy rubbed a big spot circular spot the size of a soccer ball

I go look more closely and :eek: I see a scratch about 8-10 cm long most likey made with a key...man i really wish i knew who did it cuz :guns:

Thanx

Sorry to hear that dude... I always take my car to body shops to get shit done... I don't trust me "skillZ" when it comes to my black paint... but hey... that's all IMO! :)

Peace and goodluck! :thumbsup:

Peter

TomTom
07-01-2002, 03:25 PM

get a police baton and keep it around and go at it if you see it happen again lol some bear mase! than call the cops on em

Shoobs
07-01-2002, 05:36 PM
sorry to hear that about ur car

Audi Kid
07-01-2002, 06:28 PM
power polish it out with some cutter..