PDA

View Full Version : eBay has gone downhill

pr0
09-09-2005, 01:42 PM
We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

Per Section 9 of the eBay User Agreement, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

heavyD
09-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Why so many accounts and what were you suspended for?

pr0
09-09-2005, 01:46 PM
They never tell me why. Look at their email that they sent. I have so many accounts because I keep buying/selling. They cancel, I go make another one...

I am sure this guy is legit :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6559818721

Fluidic
09-09-2005, 02:26 PM
^^

located in Poland, yet the pictures show Rogers on the screen. Interesting.

09-09-2005, 02:54 PM
do they not care about feedback? and why does it say you have 2 feedback when u actually have 3

WOW!i got my game very fast, would buy from them again, thanks for great service
Buyer ehsaudio ( 79) Sep-09-05 08:12 8216459004

NEXT DAY DELIVERY? DID NOT EXPECT BUT LIKE IT. FANTASTIC TRANSACTION ON MY END
Buyer pastordon3 ( 27) Sep-07-05 15:17 8216468040

Product just as advertised. Great Seller to work with!
Buyer boo483 ( 24) Sep-07-05 11:08 8216443667

benyl
09-09-2005, 02:55 PM
The guy selling the cell phone might be in Canada, but his product might be in Poland. Why is that a scam?

I bought my cell phone from a guy in Toronto that got it shipped next day from Hong Kong.

90s_tuner
09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by benyl
The guy selling the cell phone might be in Canada, but his product might be in Poland. Why is that a scam?

I bought my cell phone from a guy in Toronto that got it shipped next day from Hong Kong.

I hope you are joking. That thing has scam written all over it.

gerrycurl21
09-09-2005, 04:19 PM
but the phone looks so pimp......

Kamen
09-09-2005, 04:23 PM

It's a scam because:
1) he has 2 feedback that are from so long ago they aren't even linked anymore
2) it's a lot of 30 high end phones...something to be wary of since he isn't even a power seller
3) it tells you to use another email instead of the registered ebay email associated with the account; 99% of the time the account has been jacked and used to scam people like here for instance
4) as far as the auction listing goes he only accepts money orders and other forms of non recoverable funding

and the list goes on...

Fluidic
09-09-2005, 04:24 PM

Buy that Nokia and let me know how things go. I'm very interested to know -- primarily because it's a nice looking phone, and it seems to be quite the deal! I promise you'll get scammed. :)

AJL
09-09-2005, 04:45 PM
I dont trust Ebay at all. Which is a shame. While there may be good, honesty, hard working people with decent products... there are the select few that ruin it for the rest.
Sounds kinda like every other thing in this world... :banghead:

Ben
09-09-2005, 04:47 PM
eBay has gone to shit. Seems like it's nothing but jokes, wholesale information disguized as the real product, and stuff that has a great price, but 5000% inflated shipping charges.

I used to ebay all the time, but not lately, it's not convenient anymore. Way too many scam artists and retarded members.

Fuck eBay.

Fluidic
09-09-2005, 06:52 PM
I love eBay. Just got my shirts from Purolator today. Very happy. :)

rc2002
09-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Ebay has definitely gone downhill. It's peaked and I don't know if they'll be able to bring it back again. I can only speak for myself, but some of the stuff that I usually browse for I can't even find anymore. And there are WAY too many people trying to make a living from it. I liked it when it was a garage-sale type auction and you could actually get good deals.

Team_Mclaren
09-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Ebay has definitely gone downhill. It's peaked and I don't know if they'll be able to bring it back again. I can only speak for myself, but some of the stuff that I usually browse for I can't even find anymore. And there are WAY too many people trying to make a living from it. I liked it when it was a garage-sale type auction and you could actually get good deals.

agree

I only use ebay to browse for super rare stuff that you can no longer find in a normal store.

Toms-SC
09-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Use smarts and eBay is good :dunno:

b_t
09-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Last time I bought something off eBay is when I got the original G.I. Joe nintendo game about five years ago. It was worth all the $35 I paid for it. The whole thing is just a dumping ground for shitty products now, and a home for scam artists, who fuck over the honest people.

Kamen
09-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Well, there are still lots of honest people on there and like Toms-SC mentioned; use your smarts and it will be fine.
I've never been scammed or whatnot before and I've been using it for years.

Fluidic
09-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
Well, there are still lots of honest people on there and like Toms-SC mentioned; use your smarts and it will be fine.
I've never been scammed or whatnot before and I've been using it for years.

Exactly!!

JordanEG6
09-10-2005, 01:53 PM
fuckin hate ebay, LOTS of fake shit and scam artists and it rips you off. i can tell real brand car parts from the fakes, but the shoes! i bought air jordan XXs paid a good price...then came shipping charges and ended up being the same price as retail, then i recieved the product and i could tell the FAKENESS, fucking fake air jordans for 250 bucks...total garbage. i neveruse ebay anymore it HAS gone downhill...it aint going downhill, its already there! :thumbsdow

ExtremeSi
09-10-2005, 02:02 PM
I love e-bay. I've bought and sold quite a few items now and have nothing but positive experiences. There are some really great deals there (especially on car parts) you just have to look for them and be careful

Vdub_girl
09-10-2005, 02:30 PM
^^^I agree. my BF has saved thousands on bike accessories, and car parts on ebay. Prime example, a locally priced $650 Alpinestar bike jacket, received here via ebay for $375 incl. shipping and customs. He sold one of his vintage BMW bikes on ebay as well and got way more for it than he would have locally because ebay reaches a much wider demographic. Btwn him and his father they have had 200+ positive experiences. None bad. I think it is just a matter of what type of stuff you are looking for, and being able to legitimate dealers from individual scammers.

Weapon_R
09-10-2005, 02:59 PM
I've used it extensively over the years, and the fakes are as easy to spot online as they are in person. Read the feedback, if the seller has instances of selling fakes or a lot of neg feedbacks, stay away.

camaro
09-10-2005, 03:49 PM
If they keep banning you, you need to keep a low profile and not register with the same name (why they would ban you is beyond me actually, everything looks fine). As far as that cell phone auction goes, they must be shot in the head. Its still there, wowzers.