PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding Silvia /w SR20DeT

Fuji
09-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey guys,

thought I'd see if anyone knew of any decent Silvias or 180sx with a sr20DET or > swapped in etc. I saw the ones that were posted on beyond, but I am seeing what else is available. Any leads/info would be appreciated as I am interested in getting one. Thanks

J

chris
09-09-2005, 03:29 PM
importconcern.ca

here's one in the broker http://www.importconcern.ca/perl/b_list.pl?10680

Sorath
09-09-2005, 03:32 PM
www.redlineimports.ca

Fuji
09-09-2005, 03:59 PM
I should mention I saw all the brokers here in AB as well and there is nothing they had listed that I wanted.

Fuji
09-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by chris
importconcern.ca

here's one in the broker http://www.importconcern.ca/perl/b_list.pl?10680

Thanks I saw that... Its a bit too far out 7 months

chris
09-09-2005, 04:09 PM
the auctions would be your best bet if you can't find anything you like. http://www.cbn.ne.jp/bazar/e/ login: p28245.

calgarys13
09-09-2005, 04:36 PM
your going to hafta wait for a genuine SR car...try to find a swapped one at auction for through importconcern or get a ca18...much better engine in my opinion:thumbsup:

crazydave
09-09-2005, 05:12 PM
i know of some silvias with sr20's already landed here in lethbridge, there is 2 or 3 i think, all forsale.pm me if you are interested i can get you in contact with the seller.
edit: selling for less than 10g's too. not sure maybe around 7-8g's.

Fuji
09-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by crazydave
i know of some silvias with sr20's already landed here in lethbridge, there is 2 or 3 i think, all forsale.pm me if you are interested i can get you in contact with the seller.
edit: selling for less than 10g's too. not sure maybe around 7-8g's.

Thanks!Hook me up.:) I contacted Allen about his and was ready to drive down and see it but he sold it yesterday :( the two tone with advan wheels.

Most of the ones with swaps coming from jdmland are 9G tops in really good condition, even in Vancouver, but I dont want to drive it back (last resort)

If I can't find one I guess I'll think about skylines, but they are too heavy imo.

I am trying to stay away from auctioned cars, becuase most of them have problems and it's difficult to find a "good" one

240droptop
09-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Alan also has two silvia verts both with srs the both rare and really nice. If a sr silvia is what your after Alan can help you find one aswell theres a couple other people in town that import them Pm me or daver i'm assumeing hes talking about the same people

Fuji
09-09-2005, 05:39 PM
I talked to allen. He sold the one i wanted and the other one is too much.

This car is my winter car/newbie drift car :P

Any other leads would be great cuz :)

chris
09-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13
your going to hafta wait for a genuine SR car...try to find a swapped one at auction for through importconcern or get a ca18...much better engine in my opinion:thumbsup:
:werd: :werd: , aluminum's for cans not blocks

finboy
09-09-2005, 06:51 PM

aluminum's for cans not blocks

lol, awsome :thumbsup: :rofl:

Fuji
09-13-2005, 02:58 PM
No more help?

FYI for those who are looking. You can get one built on a jdm body with less than 60,000km on the engine and less than 100,000km on the body in great condition for under 9G. you also get toys like coilovers, bigger turbos, tuned ECU etc too for a very small charge. :)

PM me for those who want more info.

calgarys13
09-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

I am trying to stay away from auctioned cars, becuase most of them have problems and it's difficult to find a "good" one

personal experience or what other people who have no idea about these cars opinions are???...most auction cars are in great shape, just depends on how much money you want to spend

dymz999
09-14-2005, 10:22 AM
News flash, most auctioned cars generally always have something wrong with them. It is just a matter of what it is and how major or minor the problem is. I've seen cars being auctioned in calgary with 40,000 kms that have headgasket problems. There is a reason the cars are going for so cheap.

I think many of these companies should do leakdown and compression tests on the vehicles personally. at least when u buy a new engine u get this type of information.

This is why you see 2002 infinity G20's going for like 9k-10k. Usually the problems are minor but what if you get a car with bad rings, bad headgasket, fubard turbo and so forth. ouch!

chris
09-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
News flash, most auctioned cars generally always have something wrong with them. It is just a matter of what it is and how major or minor the problem is. I've seen cars being auctioned in calgary with 40,000 kms that have headgasket problems. There is a reason the cars are going for so cheap.

I think many of these companies should do leakdown and compression tests on the vehicles personally. at least when u buy a new engine u get this type of information.

This is why you see 2002 infinity G20's going for like 9k-10k. Usually the problems are minor but what if you get a car with bad rings, bad headgasket, fubard turbo and so forth. ouch!
japanese auctions and regal auctions are a little different

Hollywood
09-16-2005, 11:59 PM

japanese auctions and regal auctions are a little different

HAhahaha! For sure!

EDIT: GAY you can add images now..