PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 system reqs

habsfan
09-09-2005, 07:49 PM
ok so i want to play half life 2, so i checked out the system specs for it and my comp clears all the requirements of the preferred specs except processor speed, which is 2.4ghz. my comp runs a 1.86 and the minimum reqs of the game is like a 1.2 or something. my question is this, i know my comp can run it, but how well will it run on my processor? anyone ever tried playing this game with a same speed processor? thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Pee_Sack
09-09-2005, 07:56 PM
processor is only 1 part at what you should be looking at. Do you have enough RAM? Is your video card fast enough? Also how do you know it is a harware problem? IT could be something to do with game settings or your computer settings. More info is needed to diagnose this.

habsfan
09-09-2005, 08:02 PM
as i said above EVERYTHING clears ABOVE recommended specs except the processor. i also have not yet tried playing it, since i dont feel like buying a 70 dollar game to have it work poorly. im downloading the demo from ati in hopes i can get an idea how it works from that. im not looking for a diagnosis, just asking to see if anyone has run/is running this game on a processor slower than recommended. thanks :D

CivicDXR
09-09-2005, 08:32 PM
should be fine, on my home computer, I meet/beat all recommended specs for the game with the exception on the processor (1.5 maybe)... the game still runs beautifully with most of the graphics cranked up pretty high...