PDA

View Full Version : Bazooka Tubes? Any good?

Obscura
09-09-2005, 10:48 PM
I'd like to get a little more bass in my sedan without giving up most of the trunk for an enclosure. I also need something that is removable in case I need the whole trunk. I don't want to lose my spare either.

A friend was telling me that Bazooka tubes are okay and Future Shop has one with a built in amp for $99.

Are they good or a waste of money? Keep in mind that car has a modest Alpine system powered by the deck.

Many thanksin advance for your opinions.:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
09-09-2005, 10:54 PM
I dont think you'll be happy with a Bazooka tube, especially in a sedan. You might be okay in a hatchback but they are not really that good. You could get a nice sub at the Soundsaround Big 4 sale tomorrow and be much happier, although it'll probably cost you about $200 total for a used amp, the sub, and wiring.

DENZILDON
09-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Oh yes!!!! also at visions!!! But don't let them install it!!!:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
09-10-2005, 12:31 AM
I love the B tubes, Im not a bass head but its gives me decent bass for what its an amp and sub all in one so no nasty wiring and you can easily remove it for track days.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Unless you want to fab a custom removable sub/amp unit for your trunk that attaches with banana plugs or something, the Bazookas are probably your best bet. Quick and simple.

djayz
09-10-2005, 04:27 PM
they are actually pretty good..

the 8inch is alright but the 10 sounds quite good for the price you pay and the size

SWX
09-10-2005, 04:34 PM
I would do a sub and amp set up there a little nicer and you can take the sub out just as easy with a couple banana plugs, if you had a reg cab truck or MR2 they would be great but not for what your doing.

Customized
09-15-2005, 06:00 PM
They work well if your very limited on space and don't have any room for a box. Definately don't go free-air because most of them sound like dodo. :D

jaysas_63
09-15-2005, 07:47 PM
so what would the sound quality of these tubes be, and how are they installed...

Jonathan@TCS
09-16-2005, 09:07 AM
The sound quality isn't exceptional, but you can't expect it to be at that price. As for the install, if it is self powered, it hooks up just like an amp ( power, ground. REM, RCA's) which doesn't make it very quick to remove. If it isn't powered, then it hooks up to a seperate amp, with speaker wire. Which means it is quick to remove because it is just one pair of speaker wire to unhook, and then the amp stays in the vehicle. However, if you are using a seperate amp, then it is no harder, or easier to remove than a dual 12" box.

jaysas_63
09-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Jonathan@TCS
The sound quality isn't exceptional, but you can't expect it to be at that price. As for the install, if it is self powered, it hooks up just like an amp ( power, ground. REM, RCA's) which doesn't make it very quick to remove. If it isn't powered, then it hooks up to a seperate amp, with speaker wire. Which means it is quick to remove because it is just one pair of speaker wire to unhook, and then the amp stays in the vehicle. However, if you are using a seperate amp, then it is no harder, or easier to remove than a dual 12" box.

thanks man:thumbsup:

Ramdawg
09-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Anyone selling one of these?

copynpaste
10-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Ramdawg
Anyone selling one of these?

check pm

'93 SR-V
10-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste

check pm

You're about 5 years late on this one!

Alterac
10-15-2010, 09:32 AM
^^ LoL.

We should see if the Date of Last post can be changed to Bold Green or somthing so people read it, at least a pt up in size and black instead of grey.

chkolny541
10-19-2010, 11:54 PM
how embarrassing copynpaste, thats such a rookie mistake to do, and 5 years is a big lol!