PDA

View Full Version : Corner Gas

Ramdawg
09-10-2005, 01:05 AM
I dunno if its just me, but i caught the reruns on The Comedy Network and I have to say it has its moments. It has some good characters. When it comes down to it I would definitly watch it if Sienfeld was not on.

What are your thoughts on the show?

Lanks
09-10-2005, 01:22 AM
i thought it looked really gay at first but whhen i actually watched it i thought it was pretty good. Its not the best but like you said it has its moments

itsnotaDUB
09-10-2005, 11:08 AM
personally i have never seen the show, although my Aunt who happens to be the production manager says its pretty funny

Mosquito_R
09-10-2005, 11:32 AM
I love the show. It's got a particular kind of humour that's not so slapstick (American style) and not so intelligent (British style). It's somewhat more mainstream than Red Green (which I like too). It's a happy medium. Apparently some friends who grew up in small towns say that it's quite reflective of what happens when there's not much to do - you end up gossiping about other people's small problems.

Not bad at all for a home-grown show. Too bad it airs on Monday night on CTV - I can never catch it live because I'm not home till late. BTW, the new season starts on Monday.

:thumbsup: Two thumbs up for Brent Butt! :thumbsup:

dDUB
09-10-2005, 11:41 AM
im suprised that some of you people like it, i like it too, but at first i wasnt impressed,.. it grows on you though i love it

Godfuader
09-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I was skeptical at first, but my buddy gave me season 1 on DVD. Its grade A Canadian Humor. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Swank
03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Great show, especially if you have roots in Sask or probably any smaller prairie town.

TKRIS
03-03-2008, 11:32 AM
*Looks at post dates*
The internets must be really slow in Sask...

bigboom
03-03-2008, 11:43 AM
i think this is one of the funnier shows on tv right now, ive got all the seasons on dvd and the more you watch it the more you will get into it.

403Gemini
03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
My buddy is trying to get me to watch it, i always thought "Bah humor for my parents" but he insists its actually really good. Think i might catch a few episodes..

JRSC00LUDE
03-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I admit it. I got suckered in by the three year old thread and deleted my post in a futile attempt to hide my mistake.

But at least it wasn't me that bumped it! :angel:

em2ab
03-03-2008, 12:28 PM
This show is great, it's definitely a different kind of humour! Plus, they got the Lamborghini Club Of America in one episode with some pretty sick rides.

Oscar - "What's with the red windshield wash? What is it, cinnamon flavour?"

haha oh I love it.....

krazykhoja
03-03-2008, 05:02 PM
the shows got a different humor to it which makes it different and better than other comedy shows out there...tho some of my friends cant understand why i watch....its a wicked show though..gtta get the DVD's now so i can watch when i want...lol

lol at the 3-year bump tho...at least the shows still going strong

GT4rally
03-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Sorry guys, Corner Gas sucks ass... the humour seems way too forced, kind of like disconnected "IT guy" humour.

You want funny, watch Family Guy or Rescue Me!

Eleanor
03-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by GT4rally
You want funny, watch Family Guy or Rescue Me!

All I have to say about Family Guy is idea balls.

Kloubek
03-13-2008, 07:26 PM
I tried really really hard to enjoy this show, as my ex was from Sask and she's just nuts about it. 2-3 episodes later, my hatred for it has not lessened. But good on you - to those who like it.

Supa Dexta
03-14-2008, 04:20 PM
I've caught it a time or 2 when nothing else was on, I'd never buy DVD's of it or anything, but it wasn't as stupid as I thought it was going to be.. :dunno:

Ramdawg
03-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Wow cant belive i came across this post couple years after the fact, but yeah i stick by the show, it is funny. I have been checking it out online on comedy network

Sprinter
03-16-2008, 02:02 AM
I just like the lady in the cafe shop... Laney or w/e her name is, even the girl cop looks so-so when she dresses up... in terms of comedy, I think it is forced, I like it