PDA

View Full Version : Alternator?

snowboard
09-10-2005, 01:33 PM
When ever my car is at low RPM's my battery light comes on, and of course the first thing i could think of was the alternator, any input, cause i think im gunna change it sunday and see if that helps? My car is also starting kinda slow. weoooooo..

oo and if my car is in like 3rd gear, at like 2000 or 2500 and i accelerate the engine rev's but my car doesnt pick up? what could cause thissssssss?? i know i can down shift and it will accelerate just fine so is this common when your just driving at such low rpm?

EDIT: O and last night i got sleepy eyes :D i did the hella easy way, instead of buyign a regulator haha :thumbsdow

Lo)2enz0
09-10-2005, 02:30 PM
check your battery first, it could just ne a battery thats not holding a charge. I had the same problem and it ended up being my battery.

for your car reving and it not picking up? your clutch could be going out the window.

snowboard
09-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

for your car reving and it not picking up? your clutch could be going out the window.

I'm starting to think so. Cause my clutch is being kinda gay. owell i'll just pretend its my engine and swap it now! :D and just fix the clutch as i go haha.