PDA

View Full Version : need desperate audio help

HTN SWCHS
09-11-2005, 02:22 AM
today i installed a kenwood amp (subs), rockford amp (speakers), 2 mtx subs and kenwood speakers all around, the problem is that the audio out signal from the dvd player (pioneer avic-n1)(which is on the hideaway unit under the pass. seat) wont give sound to the amp(s)

when the av cord from the amp to the deck is halfway in (outer circle not touching) i get a half ass bass signal, but when i push it in all the way, nothing, im thinking there is something wrong with the head unit as i fugged around with all the setup options and what not

anybody have this problem before? any recomendations on where to get it fixed?

il post pics tomorow

djayz
09-11-2005, 02:47 AM
youll get the bass signal because its sending a signal when your plugging it in...its like when you plus your headphones into a cd player and you hear the click sound.

it most likely isnt your rca's running to your amps as you are getting a signal but try a different pair cuz the ground could be messed up

cant think of anything else atm but ill think a little

ringmaster
09-15-2005, 01:26 PM
hmmnn there should be a switch on the outside of the dvd unit somewhere for selecting 3-way or 2-way + sub out... try flicking it to whatever its NOT on now and the signal output of your pre outs will be changed... all i can think of :dunno:

HTN SWCHS
09-16-2005, 01:28 PM
yup, theres a button for the rear outputs it works now thanks

:banghead: