PDA

View Full Version : Bush criticized for Katrina this 9/11

Carfanman
09-11-2005, 08:47 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/09/11/sept-11--20050911.html

jumperman8
09-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Bush does all he can man, so many people need to realize that. Sure there is a like and hate for the guy, and for different parties, but i think he is doing a not bad job at being a president. I sure as hell couldnt do better.

Toms-SC
09-11-2005, 10:10 PM
noshit.jpeg

Atombomb
09-11-2005, 10:18 PM
CBC will say anything anti-american.
I hate the CBC
I hope you know that your tax dollars are paid to CBC in the amount of $1.4 BILLION dollars / year. That is enough to buy every Canadian household basic cable. So for the price of 24 decent channels you get one shitty channel that blasts anti-american trash all day long.

I think president Bush has done a great job considering, if you think about it, almost the entire 1.5 million population in the entire area has been relocated, most students are in schools in other states, the youngest of which have day-care provided for them right now, and there are 50,000 national guardsmen expected to be there rebuilding the city and providing security for the next while, considering that most of this doesn't even fall under federal jurisdiction.

I think a lot of people are being sold on the Kanye Wests of America, telling people that hes racist... common, as if a hurricane is racist... and I'm quite sure that he is not telling any of his cheifs of staff to treat blacks different from whites... I find it totally offensive that the blacks in the area would pin this all on whites... first of all there are only 20% caucasians in the area, 70% blacks, and not only that...
whos ever heard of a racist hurricane, lol

One more thing, the federal government in the United States has dedicated more money to this event then they had in the Afgan or Iraq wars.
So obviously this incident has been a top priority for this president.

Hakkola
09-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Atombomb

and I'm quite sure that he is not telling any of his cheifs of staff to treat blacks different from whites... I find it totally offensive that the blacks in the area would pin this all on whites... first of all there are only 20% caucasians in the area, 70% blacks, and not only that...

How is it being pinned on whites? Only blame I've heard is on the gov't, not white people.

It might not be racial, but it definatly has to do with the fact that it's a poor area. If you think that rich and poor are treated equally, then you're quite naive.

googe
09-11-2005, 11:16 PM

One more thing, the federal government in the United States has dedicated more money to this event then they had in the Afgan or Iraq wars.

source?

SI-vic
09-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Dateline did a pretty interesting peice on this event the other day. Basically blames the State and City for the way the handled everything before and after the event. The evidence that was shown on the show was very convincing and incredible.

Something sad is that they had a huge advertisement and commercial to be aired this month about how to handle a HUGE hurricane situation such as Katrina. Too bad it wasnt a couple months in advance.

tapout
09-12-2005, 01:05 AM
:whocares:

GoChris
09-12-2005, 09:35 AM
National Geographic predicted this exact thing last year.
http://205.188.130.53/ngm/0410/feature5/

Celica TVS3
09-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by googe

source?

:werd: :rofl: :rofl:

streetarab
09-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
thats pretty fucked, it describes it in some good detail, minus amount dead, realy creepy

Toma
09-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
Holy crap.... that was a good read lol...

Toma
09-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Bush is the MAN. I mean, this is the greatest humanitarian since Ghandi :thumbsup:

Everything he does is gold man... pure gold...

:poosie:

Fucking war criminal scumbag lying flea infested pile of steaming donkey shit.... :devil:

Toms-SC
09-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Toma
-insert any president or prime minister here- is the MAN. I mean, this is the greatest humanitarian since Ghandi :thumbsup:

Fucking war criminal scumbag lying flea infested pile of steaming donkey shit.... :devil:

skandalz
09-12-2005, 12:42 PM
if bush has done all he can why was he on vacation for the first couple days of the crisis?

Hakkola
09-12-2005, 12:50 PM
I heard he was eating mcdonalds the day it happened, which isn't a big deal of course, but when I heard this I remember thinking, I hope someone spit in his burger.

skandalz
09-12-2005, 01:14 PM
this past tuesday i was driving back home from grand prairie and my buddy had one of those serius radios and we were listening to talk shows the whole time about hurricane katrina.

i don't remember all the details but i remember them saying that the first couple of days he was on vacation, then he went to a buddys birthday party, the next day went back to where ever he was vacationing for one last day of vacation and THEN finally went back to work. :thumbsdow

DJ Lazy
09-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Can you shove your nose any farther up Bushs ass? :rofl:

rage2
09-12-2005, 01:46 PM
So obviously this incident has been a top priority for this president.

Originally posted by googe
source?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050911/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/katrina_calculating_costs_17

There's a difference. Bush choose to go to war. He didn't choose to get hit by a hurricane. Katrina money has to be spent, Bush didn't choose to decicate money to it, he's forced to.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Numbers don't lie, but they are misleading. I'm willing to bet that the 300 billion for Afghanistan and Iraq didn't include the billions and billions (and quite possibly trillions) spend on developing and building the military hardware they're using over there. It was probably just based on salaries, living costs, and supplies.

Toms-SC
09-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Where does the bandwagon stop next? I'd like to hop on! :confused:

rage2
09-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl
Numbers don't lie, but they are misleading. I'm willing to bet that the 300 billion for Afghanistan and Iraq didn't include the billions and billions (and quite possibly trillions) spend on developing and building the military hardware they're using over there. It was probably just based on salaries, living costs, and supplies.
Cost of the war includes weapons and other military hardware. The US government doesn't develop it's military hardware, they buy it from defense companies like Lockheed Martin.

benyl
09-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Cost of the war includes weapons and other military hardware. The US government doesn't develop it's military hardware, they buy it from defense companies like Lockheed Martin.

But Lockheed and MD, etc... win government contracts to build the weapons. The development is a built in cost of the product that is built.

So it is a means to an end, no?

01RedDX
09-12-2005, 05:56 PM

Weapon_R
09-12-2005, 05:58 PM

Looks like you're already on another bandwagon :thumbsup:

Atombomb
09-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

How about evidence that proves that Bush is directly responsible for the extent of the devastation?

EVIDENCE (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050901/pl_nm/weather_katrina_funding_dc)

I think you were mislead in your readings, this article seems to underline my point
"A May 2005 Corps memo said that funding levels for fiscal years 2005 and 2006 would not be enough to pay for new construction on the levees.

Agency officials said on Thursday in a conference call that delayed work was not related to the breakdown in the levee system and Parker told Reuters the funding problems could not be blamed on the Bush administration alone.

Parker said a project dating to 1965 remains unfinished and that any recent projects would not have been in place by the time the hurricane struck even if they had been fully funded."

These types of infrastructure are the jursidiction of the state at best, it is more municpaly oriented. I'm sure this article PROVES that george bush directly killed these people. Your right. :rolleyes:

Atombomb
09-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by benyl

But Lockheed and MD, etc... win government contracts to build the weapons. The development is a built in cost of the product that is built.

So it is a means to an end, no?

Show me an article or statute that illustrates the ideas your are suggesting. I tend to think that this happens in Canada, the sponsorship of "private" companies.

A government contract is like a private contract, it is an agreement of payment for an agreement of terms.

AcuraTl
09-12-2005, 08:06 PM

it Stops In the Quagmire that we Call Republican Politics...

Redlyne_mr2
09-12-2005, 11:16 PM

Show me an article or statute that illustrates the ideas your are suggesting. I tend to think that this happens in Canada, the sponsorship of "private" companies.

A government contract is like a private contract, it is an agreement of payment for an agreement of terms.
Lockhead Martin also controls many of the countries welfare and social programs, the US gov and Lockhead Martin are going at it 69 style!

01RedDX
09-13-2005, 12:39 AM

elmo909
09-13-2005, 06:28 AM
The fact that these cities spent most of their levee improvement money on building hotels and renovating convention centers is irrelevant. It is purely the Federal Government's fault, and because of the federal government consists of only Bush, it is therefore Bush's fault. We must also ignore the fact that that the hurricane was the responsibility of the city and the state until they requested help from the Federal Government, because it's Bush's fault.

afrotl
09-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Bush: 'I take responsibility' for hurricane failures
Last Updated Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:32:17 EDT
CBC News
U.S. President George Bush said Tuesday that he takes responsibility for the federal government's flawed response to Hurricane Katrina. "Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government, and to the extent that the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Bush said.

streetarab
09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Even with full funding in recent years, none of the flood-control projects would have been completed in time to prevent the swamping of the city

even though it doesnt matter now that bush took responsibility

Toms-SC
09-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Looks like you're already on another bandwagon :thumbsup:

http://www.meltedmonitor.net/images/orly_bush_av.jpg