PDA

View Full Version : Toyo, Falken, OR Kumho Tires

philipoo
09-12-2005, 03:42 AM
Hi, I'm helping a friend of mine choose some tires for dry and wet conditions. I was wondering if I could have some feedback on these tires.

Falken Azenis RT-215
http://www.falkentire.com/tires_rt215.htm

Kumho Estca 711
http://www.kumhousa.com/Products/PtnDetails.asp?mainCatID=1&PtnID=711&refAction=PtnDetail

Toyo Proxes T1-R
http://www.toyocanada.com/products/ProxesT1R.asp

hockeybronx
09-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I haven't tried any of these tires, but I thought I'd vote because I've been so happy with the Falken summer tires I bought for my car back in the spring.

Excellent dry pavement stiffness, rain traction has been flawless so far, all for a killer price :thumbsup:

GSR Zero
09-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Got the Kumho Ecsta's on my Integra and have had no problems at all with them in the wet. Good tire for the money. If you want another tire, give the Nexen N3000's a shot. Contact Contemporary Motorsports.

aram1000
09-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I have a set of Kuhmo Ecsta 711, i got them to replace my yokahama A520's earlier this year. If you are on a budget these are great tires, they are reasonably priced and perform quite well. In wet conditions, they are better than the yoks, however they do have a less aggressive tread pattern. I was a little skeptical of kuhmo at first, i thought they were just cheap tires, but after reading some reviews, i thought i would give them a try and i am glad i did. I would buy another kuhmo product, bang for your buck these are the best tires i have owned in this regard. Great for the street.

TEAMFaint
09-12-2005, 10:15 PM
I have been riding on my Kumho Ecsta 711's for 2 summers now. AWESOME tires. Like previously said the tread isnt as aggressive but for the price you CANT go wrong if you're on a budget. Id personally go with possibly the 712 for my next set of tires, but for daily driving purposes the 711's are awesome.

tsi_neal
09-12-2005, 10:41 PM
You guys need to try a better tire than the 711 and youll understand just how bad they truly are... they are pretty much what you put on a car when you have about 20 bucks left to your name.... and even then if you knwo what a better tire is youll be wishing you could have gotten it.

Now other kumho tires are a different story, try a set of SPT's not much more then the 711 and 10times the tire. Or kumho MX's are super sticky and good in the rain

Ive heard GREAT things about the toyo t1-r's as well.

Lo)2enz0
09-12-2005, 10:42 PM
falkens, i know a couple of guys who have used those and they loved them. so where are the advans on that list...

philipoo
09-12-2005, 11:27 PM
lol advan... T_T"

I don't know much about those tires... All i know is that most car enthusiast enjoy sticking the advan sticker on their car.

Weapon_R
09-12-2005, 11:30 PM
How can you even begin to promote the 711s as good tires :dunno:

They are horrible. They are budget, low end all season tires. Try the 712s if you want a cheaper that performs well, its far better than the 711s.

philipoo
09-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
How can you even begin to promote the 711s as good tires :dunno:

They are horrible. They are budget, low end all season tires. Try the 712s if you want a cheaper that performs well, its far better than the 711s.

i didnt know T_T"

Zephyr
09-16-2005, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
falkens, i know a couple of guys who have used those and they loved them. so where are the advans on that list...

Advans...right, bend over for paying for those tires.

Get the Falkens, reliable and last long, well depends on the driver too.

infected
09-16-2005, 06:29 PM
I've had pretty good experiences with Toyo's so I'm gonna go with those. :)