PDA

View Full Version : Dyno session at RCTS



nookmumracing
06-29-2002, 09:52 AM
Going to go check out a dyno session at Reg's place. My buddy in his MKIV Supra with a HKS T51R upgrade. See what it does on pump gas. Going to take vids too and try to have it edited and ready to post. Rage might need your help again when the time comes.

2002 red Porsche 996 turbo GT2 at the track yesterday running [email protected] with crappy launch. Young guy, John, got it on Thursday put 450km on it and took it to the track. Same guy that owns that one red Saleen Mustang with Enkei Aegis and Focal System in it that was at the RPM show. Hurts to see a beautiful car being abused but it was nice seeing it go down the track. Did 3 runs that night 12.3/12.5/12.8 I think.

Peace

Ben
06-29-2002, 10:34 AM
Im interested to see what Blackie will run after this upgrade...Damn what a nice car...


That GT2, was it stock? Only 450 on the car? LOL, thats a damn quick time for not even being broken in yet. Good to see...

300rwhp
06-29-2002, 11:09 AM
not a real gt2 its a turbo he has gt2 brakes so he thinks it is a gt2
not to smart to be running a car without breakin it in

legendboy
06-29-2002, 11:23 AM
nookmumracing, I thought that was your supra last night, I almost wet my self as I drove by it parked by Tiens car. Nice meeting u anyways, that Porsche looked sooo good, I was disapointed that it wasn't a GT2 tho....

Ben
06-29-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
not a real gt2 its a turbo he has gt2 brakes so he thinks it is a gt2
not to smart to be running a car without breakin it in


LOL, seems to be a fad, High rollers Upbadging thier cars...:rofl: :nut: :thumbsup:

well, 12.5 is a respectable time for a Stock 2002 911TT, as 12.5 is what the car is to run at sea level (FI Cars are not affected much by elevation) , for only having such small KM on the car...

300rwhp
06-29-2002, 02:56 PM
the guy with the porsche tried to tell me that it was a real gt2 with 550hp......:bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:
he says its an all wheel drive ........ gt2 is only rear drive .i bet he would be running 13's if it was a gt2 just because he drove like shit.

kenny
06-29-2002, 04:26 PM
FI cars are affected MORE by elevation change.

Clem
06-29-2002, 05:26 PM
Must be nice to have the money to track a car and not worry about breaking the engine in.

mischief
06-29-2002, 06:39 PM
Susposidly porsche's are already broken in when delivered. They claim that the engine is run at red line for half an hour. They then drain the oil replacing it with synthetic and then drop it into the car. Then susposidly have a test circuit they run the car on before they ship.

4wheeldrift
06-29-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by mischief
Susposidly porsche's are already broken in when delivered. They claim that the engine is run at red line for half an hour. They then drain the oil replacing it with synthetic and then drop it into the car. Then susposidly have a test circuit they run the car on before they ship.

As far as I know, porsche still does that. Its a tradition going back to the original bath-tub porsches. Porsche created the removable leather car bras so they could take the new cars to the track to break in the motors and make sure the cars were good without damaging the paint while they were doing so.

nookmumracing
06-30-2002, 03:56 PM
We had the car on the dyno for 3 hours Saturday. Unfortunately we couldn't get it tuned for high boost. We ran into some fuel pressure problems. At 2psi of boost the car made 300 rwhp. Hopefully the car will be ready for V8less to represent Calgary. I will keep you guys updated. Vids are awesome, the turbo sounds like an airplane. Reg's car came in at 524 rwhp @ 16psi of boost. Reg's shop has an awesome setup and very professional. He went to Germany to work on the TTE IS430 supercharged which is featured in the magazines. Had a supercharged Dinan M roadster there with an 600rwhp silver Supra with a HKS twin upgrade that wanted his car detuned because he went sideways on the highway and crapped himself. First I've ever heard of a detune but at least he's honest.

Peace

rage2
06-30-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
the guy with the porsche tried to tell me that it was a real gt2 with 550hp......:bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:
he says its an all wheel drive ........ gt2 is only rear drive .i bet he would be running 13's if it was a gt2 just because he drove like shit.

GT2's run about [email protected] at sea level, so we'll see it run about high 12 seconds at 113mph in Calgary on a good night. 456hp for a GT2, the only real one that's coming is already sold to Dom (the guy with the 700hp 911 turbo). If the car ran 119mph in Calgary, and the owner says it's got 550hp, that's a 996 Turbo with some basic performance upgrades =). Dom runs about 126mph I believe in his 700hp beast.

Very sweet car. What color is it? I can terrorize stock 996's in my 944 Turbo, I gotta make sure I watch out for this one.

nookmumracing
07-01-2002, 11:13 AM
Mau's ride

nookmumracing
07-01-2002, 11:13 AM
REg's ride

nookmumracing
07-01-2002, 11:14 AM
Just chillin at Crescent

todaB18c5
07-01-2002, 11:27 AM
is that first mr2 the lime colored one with a new paint job? looks good.

legendboy
07-01-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by rage2


GT2's run about [email protected] at sea level, so we'll see it run about high 12 seconds at 113mph in Calgary on a good night. 456hp for a GT2, the only real one that's coming is already sold to Dom (the guy with the 700hp 911 turbo). If the car ran 119mph in Calgary, and the owner says it's got 550hp, that's a 996 Turbo with some basic performance upgrades =). Dom runs about 126mph I believe in his 700hp beast.

Very sweet car. What color is it? I can terrorize stock 996's in my 944 Turbo, I gotta make sure I watch out for this one.

I raced Dom on my GSX-R 750 twice, the first time I just beat him and the second time I lost. Thats launching with the front tire off the ground and full throttle shifts at 13k. I talked to him after and he said he rarely looses to bikes........wow.........

2000impreza
07-01-2002, 12:18 PM
holy crap. nice cars :love:

4wheeldrift
07-01-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by legendboy


I raced Dom on my GSX-R 750 twice, the first time I just beat him and the second time I lost. Thats launching with the front tire off the ground and full throttle shifts at 13k. I talked to him after and he said he rarely looses to bikes........wow.........

Got a little Eddie Bello wheelstand action going on when he launches?

nookmumracing
07-01-2002, 04:54 PM
I remember that race with your bike Legendboy, that was awesome to see. Those were the days when street racing was fun. Too bad its all punks these days....

Peace

legendboy
07-01-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by nookmumracing
I remember that race with your bike Legendboy, that was awesome to see. Those were the days when street racing was fun. Too bad its all punks these days....

Peace

Yep, a couple years ago it was fun and the cars were nice, the average age was 21+, now, its just a bunch of little punks, like at the mall.:thumbsdow It was that fuggin gay movie that did it.

2000impreza
07-01-2002, 09:46 PM
this is kinda off topic but it wasn't because of that stupid movie that brought out all these ricers. there was just as much ricers before the movie came out last summer. its just now people have something to put all the blame on.

Redlyne_mr2
07-02-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by rage2


GT2's run about [email protected] at sea level, so we'll see it run about high 12 seconds at 113mph in Calgary on a good night. 456hp for a GT2, the only real one that's coming is already sold to Dom (the guy with the 700hp 911 turbo). If the car ran 119mph in Calgary, and the owner says it's got 550hp, that's a 996 Turbo with some basic performance upgrades =). Dom runs about 126mph I believe in his 700hp beast.

Very sweet car. What color is it? I can terrorize stock 996's in my 944 Turbo, I gotta make sure I watch out for this one.
shit dude you can take out 996's with your 944..that car must be crazy fast caus eI got my ass handed to me when I raced a 996 last year:banghead:

Voodoo Child
07-02-2002, 01:22 PM
Hey Guys,

That red porsche that was at the track friday was infact a 911 TT like someone said. He put every upgrade that you could possibly get from the factory on it. It is a beautiful car and for those who are dissapointed that it's not a real GT2...give me a break!
Scott is 21 years old and the tax alone on his car is worth more than 90% of peoples car on here! Not everyday you see a kid driving a $200,000+ car!

Pacman
07-02-2002, 01:40 PM
here is another thread on a different site discussing this porsche. it looks like this Scott kid likes to tell stories, among other things.

http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=3761;start=15

rage2
07-02-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child
Hey Guys,

That red porsche that was at the track friday was infact a 911 TT like someone said. He put every upgrade that you could possibly get from the factory on it. It is a beautiful car and for those who are dissapointed that it's not a real GT2...give me a break!
Scott is 21 years old and the tax alone on his car is worth more than 90% of peoples car on here! Not everyday you see a kid driving a $200,000+ car!

hehe no kidding. Even though it's not a GT2, it's still one killer machine that'll beat 99.9% of the cars on the street. I'm still shocked a stock TT ran 119mph trap speeds though, either it's got power mods, or the 119mph is wrong =).

Redlyne_mr2
07-02-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by rage2


hehe no kidding. Even though it's not a GT2, it's still one killer machine that'll beat 99.9% of the cars on the street. I'm still shocked a stock TT ran 119mph trap speeds though, either it's got power mods, or the 119mph is wrong =).
Especially after hearign how that kid drives...does anyone know him personally? He's been bashed alot but I'm not sure if it's all for the right reasons...maybe it is though

Pacman
07-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Redline,

I had one conversation with the kid and it was not a very pleasant one.

He was at the track last year with his 996 C4 cab, and his ducati motorbike. I went over to take a look at his 996, and asked him a simple question..."Nice car, are you going to race it tonight". He then started shooting his mouth off about how his car was the fastest car there, and how he had already run an 11 second 1/4 mile. Obviously, this was complete crap, but I still stuck around as he was talking so much that my buddy and I found it quite amusing. Then, he literally tossed a 20 dollar bill to one of his friends that was standing around and said "hey, go move my car to another parking spot".

He then asked what kind of car we came in, and my friend mentioned that we had come in his Porsche also. The punk kid then started blabbing his mouth again, saying how his car would beat my friends Porsche. My friend asked if he wanted to race for pink slips (he has a 1987 930 with some RUF mods) and the kid then started saying how he had more money than any of us, and how it must be shitty to be driving a 15 year old Porsche etc.

It was very embarassing to be standing around the kid, let alone be associating with him.

Did any of you see him at the track on Friday?? He was waiting in line to race, and his cell phone rang. He answered the phone just as he was being motioned to enter the staging area. He simply pulled over, and shut his car off, blocking the entrance to the lanes for all of the other cars as he continued on his conversation. He has absolutely no respect for anybody, and zero etiquitte while he is at the track.

No matter what car he drives, or how fast he goes, he will never have any respect from the true, hardcore racers and enthusiasts.

Having said that, it's a crazy car. The way he blows money, it will probably have some wacky engine mods in the near future making some big power.

rage2
07-02-2002, 03:34 PM
I've never met him, just heard he's some crazy kid with some crazy money =).

boi-alien
07-02-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I've never met him, just heard he's some crazy kid with some crazy money =).

heheh i thought that was you man?!?! :confused:

Redlyne_mr2
07-02-2002, 04:24 PM
thanks for the bio pacman, its good to know things like that,I'll know not to approach him if I ever see him at the track, why does he even come out, no one seems to like him, and one of the coolest things about hitting up secret street is to chill with the buds:thumbsup:

Pacman
07-02-2002, 04:37 PM
Good question Redline, why does he go to the track??

He obvioulsy knows very little about cars, doesn't appreciate the hard work it takes to buy one and refuses to show respect to the elders who could educate him.

From the way he was treating his buddy by tossing him 20 bucks and asking him to move the car, it appears that the kid has some major self-esteem issues.

But in the end, who cares?? at least the kid took his 996 twinner to the track and drove it hard, which is more than we can say for most other 996 turbo owners.

Voodoo Child..........
Man, you must have been hanging out with this kid too much, only he would make a comment about the tax on his car costing more than most of our cars.

Redlyne_mr2
07-02-2002, 04:43 PM
It's funny how money can really change people, I'm sure he'll go through tons of cars and girls (or from what I've heard guys)...but he'll grow old and when he does and all the car hype and the youthfullness wears off they'll be nothing left but old time slips and bad memories.

Ben
07-18-2002, 12:20 PM
i thought cars with turbos were affected less bthan NA cars due to elevation change...

redline
07-18-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by rage2


Dom runs about 126mph I believe in his 700hp beast.



i think his best trap was 133

legendboy
07-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by redline


i think his best trap was 133

Holy Shit!