PDA

View Full Version : like or hate the RHD

talonboi
09-12-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm hearing all these people flamming the RHD "community" and i want to know why...

if you like the RHD, State 3 reasons why

and if you hate/dislike the RHD also State 3 reasons why

and also vote

i like the silvia RHD
1) came with the SR20Det (Gf's car)
2) no rust.
3) Low KM, and no the tranny isnt broken

QuasarCav
09-12-2005, 11:56 AM
1) I'm an angry person and I see more jackoffs in JDM cars than in any other type except the rumble bee.

2) A 180sx (240sx) pulling a dorifto on 32nd Ave at 2:30pm on a Monday, I wont disclose the company name that was plastered all over it.

3) Nutswingers

mshaw
09-12-2005, 11:58 AM
three reasons i like RHD

1) i drive a silvia
2) they are unique cars
3) makes driving a little more of a challenge and get lots of attention

talonboi
09-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
1) I'm an angry person and I see more jackoffs in JDM cars than in any other type except the rumble bee.

2) A 180sx (240sx) pulling a dorifto on 32nd Ave at 2:30pm on a Monday, I wont disclose the company name that was plastered all over it.

3) Nutswingers

im talking about the RHD vehicles.. not the drivers :rolleyes:

snowboard
09-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

3) Nutswingers

yah you cant stereo type jdm's.
i drive a CADM or USDM 240 or whatever, and i drive like a dick sometimes? lol :rolleyes:

DannyO
09-12-2005, 12:14 PM
I prefer RHD, maybe its cos I'm from England, but I see it as a better way of driving, if you have a 5spd car, you will be changing gears, and most people are right handed, so in a RHD car, you use your left hand to change the gears and your more dominant hand is left on the wheel for better control, where as LHD, I'm using my right hand to change gears, and using my less coordinated hand to control the wheel, and the wheel needs much more control than moving a stick forwards and backwards.

brandon
09-12-2005, 12:15 PM
The reason I am against JDM cars

1) Every single boy racer with 7000$ is now paul walker on the streets.

2) I find its the new trend to buy used beaten parts rather then new parts and therefor cars come out looking like ass. It's guys who drive beaten up hunks of shit but still put a muffler on it and JDM wheels or some shit. Whatever happened to making your car look nice before? I would rather drive a nice/stock looking car that was slow rather then a beaten up rusty fast car.

3) penis

Nissanaddict
09-12-2005, 12:21 PM
I'd rather drive LHD on our roads, but if I had a skyline for example, I wouldn't convert it, unless a VERY solid conversion was made, because A, I don't like hackjobs, and B....see A. Although converting a car to RHD just cuz it's JDM....I mean in DannyOs case sure. But anyone who does ANYTHING just cuz it's cool...it's not cool. And I hate how everyone says "this is JDM, that is JDM" "Angled muffler is JDM" umm really? So you're telling me if I went to Japan, every muffler would be an angled fartcan? I sure hope not. I see more jackoffs in SUVs than anything. Most of them are 40, and most likely sexually deprived. Although I have seen a few jerkoffs in JDM cars, it's not the JDM car's fault.

pressure_ratio
09-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by brandon

2) I find its the new trend to buy used beaten parts rather then new parts and therefor cars come out looking like ass. It's guys who drive beaten up hunks of shit but still put a muffler on it and JDM wheels or some shit. Whatever happened to making your car look nice before? I would rather drive a nice/stock looking car that was slow rather then a beaten up rusty fast car

^^The same could be said about a lot of "boy racers"weather they're driving a Honda,Cavalier,5.0 mustang or whatever.

I like the RHD cars-
1-Better powerplants if you have plans to modify
2-Lower km and rust free
3-Options that were never seen here,or came out years ahead of their time.
4-Uniqueness
5-better bang for your $ vs a north american counterpart.

philipoo
09-12-2005, 12:32 PM
1. importing a car just makes it less unique in my opinion

2. RHD can also be difficult on the road

3. RHD just sucks.

philipoo
09-12-2005, 12:34 PM

3) penis

lol....... that's too funnny

Toms-SC
09-12-2005, 12:39 PM
1) I hate fads

2) I hate fads

3) I hate fads

SI-vic
09-12-2005, 12:41 PM

2) I find its the new trend to buy used beaten parts rather then new parts and therefor cars come out looking like ass. It's guys who drive beaten up hunks of shit but still put a muffler on it and JDM wheels or some shit. Whatever happened to making your car look nice before? I would rather drive a nice/stock looking car that was slow rather then a beaten up rusty fast car.

3) penis

best reason by far is #3
i just had to laugh at that haha

pressure_ratio
09-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Funny how the biggest boy racers out there are the biggest haters :rolleyes:

snowboard
09-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
1) I hate fads

2) I hate fads

3) I hate fads

So what are civics and integra's. an individualistic car? not fads at all? vtech swaps arent fads as much as sr swaps or what? what about 5.0's, every kid and his dog has one? are they a fad?

I'm thinking you drive a thunder bird. so i can see you dont follow the fads, but you can just say RHD and jdm cars are fads? and neglect to name others.

gpomp
09-12-2005, 12:46 PM
why i don't like them

1) dtp show was full of beat ass rhd cars, mainly skylines.
2) skylines are junk except for the 1% of people who buy gtr's
3) 20-30k for a 15 year old car, hah
4) ca18's are junk too.

Kobe
09-12-2005, 12:48 PM

3) penis

I might be wrong but didnt you have a skyline??

EDIT::

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90437

mshaw
09-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by DannyO
I prefer RHD, maybe its cos I'm from England, but I see it as a better way of driving, if you have a 5spd car, you will be changing gears, and most people are right handed, so in a RHD car, you use your left hand to change the gears and your more dominant hand is left on the wheel for better control, where as LHD, I'm using my right hand to change gears, and using my less coordinated hand to control the wheel, and the wheel needs much more control than moving a stick forwards and backwards.

that makes a lot of sense danny

JAYMEZ
09-12-2005, 12:52 PM
hrmm , hate.

Everyone one has a silvia or a skyline , it was orginal , but now its not.

Ive never had so many people try and race me at the stupidest times.

If your going RHD , get something rare.

88CRX
09-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
why i don't like them

:werd:

there are SOME in Calgary that are nice.... but most that are imported are beat up :dunno:

brandon
09-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

I might be wrong but didnt you have a skyline??

EDIT::

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90437

yes i did?

did you notice the SOLD part of the thread?

Wouldn't that make my thought on the subject more fair to each sides then considering I have owned one before?

SteveMo600
09-12-2005, 01:37 PM

yes i did?

did you notice the SOLD part of the thread?

Wouldn't that make my thought on the subject more fair to each sides then considering I have owned one before?

I agree with Brandon here. He's one of the few people that have owned both a RHD and LHD drive car recently. He would have a less biased opinion and could better weigh the pros and cons to each. Just cause he owned a RHD doesn't mean he has to be a walking advertisement for it. I have owned a lot of shit that I didn't like and I'm sure everybody else has too.

Bottom line...buy what you want and what you can afford. If you like RHD and that's what you can afford, then go and buy a RHD. If you have some more disposable cash laying around then be a prick and buy an Audi TT and then put 19s on it. JJ man :D

JCX
09-12-2005, 02:23 PM
1) Doriftotards are attracted to them.

2) I think it's ridiculous to pay that kind of money for other country's junkers.

3) Nutswingers who think a slow beater is special because the wheel is on the other side.

The cars themselves I don't hate, the aura and most of the "LIFESTYLE COMMUNITY" (lol Nopivision) are the parts I dislike.

Weapon_R
09-12-2005, 02:31 PM
1) There is not a single JDM car here today that i've seen thats in decent condition

2) The outrageous price of people who buy them for 3k and try and sell em for 5x that much.

3) The people who think they're ballers when they are driving a car that no one in Japan would drive is annoying.

Aleks
09-12-2005, 02:43 PM
I hate them. Most of the reasons have been covered already. I hope they pass the 25 year rule. No more RHD!

Lo)2enz0
09-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
why i don't like them

2) skylines are junk except for the 1% of people who buy gtr's
3) 20-30k for a 15 year old car, hah
4) ca18's are junk too.

NOW WTF!!!!

ca18's are junk...umm i know you have a sweet ride man but hey I am probably the only person on this freaking board who likes the damn engine. what you just said is, in a honda perspective, b16a's are pieces of junk (compared to a b18c5). man the ca18 has alot of potential and don't put it down. So far I am the only person who swapped that engine into a 240sx in calgary, would that not make it different?

reasons why I like RHD:

1- i find it easier to drive normally
2- parrell parking is easier
3- on the s13 chassis you can upgrade to bigger turbos without clearance issues

reasons why I hate it as well:

1- its a fad, people import them drive them for a few months and sell them
2- the s13 fad was a big craze with the kick off to professional drifting in northamerica and now there are a bunch of shit heads out there who import cars not know what they are getting. "ohhh a silvia, and its turbo'd and cheap"
3-the fact that 90% of the people with right hand drive cars stare at every fucker on the road thinking that they are king shit of terd island because they are driving on the other side of the car.

To me I do hate most of the people who import cars because of how they hype them up because 99% of the population has never seen a right hand drive car and its all a big show off point.

I am friends with alot a hand full of guys who have imported cars and they don't make it sound like they are the best, god my ca18 kicks the shit out of theres. except for a few bunch.

as for dtp, yes it was full of rhd cars, and alot of them were nice. like allens s13 vert, that car has had ALOT of work done to it to get it where it sits. thats why he won best 240sx/silvia

and don't diss the CA18!!!!

pressure_ratio
09-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
hrmm , hate.

Everyone one has a silvia or a skyline , it was orginal , but now its not.

Ive never had so many people try and race me at the stupidest times.

If your going RHD , get something rare.

Like a fc3s rx7 maybe for under $10k

Originally posted by JCX
1) Doriftotards are attracted to them.

2) I think it's ridiculous to pay that kind of money for other country's junkers.

3) Nutswingers who think a slow beater is special because the wheel is on the other side.

The cars themselves I don't hate, the aura and most of the "LIFESTYLE COMMUNITY" (lol Nopivision) are the parts I dislike.

You get what you pay for.An auction geade 3.5 is going to be a decent car for around $5k
"A nutswinger who drive a slow ass beater"
So a neon is a...?

Originally posted by Aleks
I hate them. Most of the reasons have been covered already. I hope they pass the 25 year rule. No more RHD!

So exactly how much do you have into your car to make a whopping 260hp?

Ignorance is bliss I guess?Funny how nobody has had a decent argument yet.IIRC Hondas were the biggest rage befor the JDM craze came along.At least most of these cars were designed as sports cars and sport coupes,not economy cars that want to be sports cars..

AJL
09-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Agreed.
They are so annoying when you have to go through a drive through...
:rofl:

Sonic_A4
09-12-2005, 03:42 PM
i agree with jaymez, although i dont hate them my self but in my opinion i would wait for say a 3 gen rx-7 came into play or a supra , cuz everyone is importing so many nissans, i say import a supercar if ur gunna get rhd so atleast you can be unique and a skyline unless its a gt-r in my opinion is not a super car anyways good luck with your search

habsfan
09-12-2005, 03:48 PM
ive got opinions on both sides,

i like them because you can get cars that were never available here but can be desireable. you can find some better prices compared to cdm cars, such as tryin to find a used mr2 turbo or FC turbo.

living in niagara falls, i dont see many rhd vehicles, only seen 1 or 2 so far, but in the bigger cities i can understand how it could get annoying seeing them everywhere and the little fanboys ripping around. but in my opinion that has less to do with the car itself and far more to do with the fact that the ricers are moving in.

personally i'm all for the RHD cars. if it's an affordalbe alternative, why not?

-KiTtY- boo
09-12-2005, 03:48 PM
reason i like RHD

1. easy to drive
2. no rust
3.low kms
4. cheap

first of all for those who say that we are buying someone else's piece of junk, maybe you should do your research b4 you speak. if you had paid attention in school then you remember that there is a km restrition in japan, that is why they are selling the cars and there is low kms on the car... and where else do most of you get your engines for your engine swaps for cheap???? hmmmm japan right? and correct me if im wrong.

now i have seen alot of RHD in really good condition, even in better condition then some cars here that are only 3 or 4 years old. and brandon just because your skyline was a piece of shit doesnt mean eveyone elses is. for those who say that it is hard to drive RHD have you driven one??? i thought it was a joke and was much easier to drive then LHD, but if you have driven one and found it hard... then theres somthing worng about your driving skills in general.

now as for me i really like the 240, but love the silvia, ever since i saw nuygens car i feel in love, but i knew that there was no way in hell that i would be able to afford something like or afford to get my car like that. so the mentality behind why i bought my car is.. if i bought a regualr 240sx then thats 5000 for one thats in good condition, but will still need work, and has about 20xxxxxx kms, then 4500 for the engine swap and another 3 or 4g's for the silvia convestion kit.. so just to get a car at the same place my car is in would have cost me a good 1300- 1400. OR i can just by my car for half of that and if i ever did have that kind of money i can use it for upgrades.
no i did not buy my car because its "RHD" and thought i was cool, i did not buy it casue i wanted the attention.... i HATE getting attention!
i bought i cause it was what i can afford, and was already at the stage that i wanted my car to be

dmtx
09-12-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't really like them.... just wrong setup for Canada.... I don't find them cool or unique at all. I used to drive one, felt stupid driving it... got tired driving it.

heavyD
09-12-2005, 03:54 PM

I agree. Someone (I'm too lazy) start a petition to get the 25 year rule passed. Canada is a beautiful country, lets not pollute it with Japan's garbage.:guns:

habsfan
09-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
lets not pollute it with Japan's garbage.:guns:

i'd much rather "pollute" canada with "japans garbage" than pollute canada with some oil burning gas sucker from america's wastebasket

-KiTtY- boo
09-12-2005, 04:08 PM

Canada is a beautiful country, lets not pollute it with Japan's garbage.:guns:

lol.. most of you drive japans garbage... or should i say rejected garbage? where do u think Honda, or Toyota or Mitsubishi, or nissan came from?

heavyD
09-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by -KiTtY- boo

lol.. most of you drive japans garbage... or should i say rejected garbage.

The car in your sig looks like garbage to me. That's why I want the 25 year rule passed. You may be a Nissan fan and like it but I garentee that 95/100 people on our streets think it's ugly.

heavyD
09-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by habsfan

i'd much rather "pollute" canada with "japans garbage" than pollute canada with some oil burning gas sucker from america's wastebasket

:confused: Don't all you Ontario folk want to be American anyway?

-KiTtY- boo
09-12-2005, 04:15 PM

The car in your sig looks like garbage to me. That's why I want the 25 year rule passed. You may be a Nissan fan and like it but I garentee that 95/100 people on our streets think it's ugly.

ya everyone thinks its ugly right.. thats y most of the 240's on the streets spent 4g on siliva converstion???? riiiiggghhhhtttt makes a lot of sense

heavyD
09-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by -KiTtY- boo
ya everyone thinks its ugly right.. thats y most of the 240's on the streets spent 4g on siliva converstion???? riiiiggghhhhtttt

Dude. JDM & USDM 240's were beat with an ugly stick. Taking ugliness from one car and adding it to an ugly car makes an ugly car. 240's are a fad that's already peaked.

mshaw
09-12-2005, 04:27 PM

Dude. JDM & USDM 240's were beat with an ugly stick. Taking ugliness from one car and adding it to an ugly car makes an ugly car. 240's are a fad that's already peaked.

just cause you think a 240 or a silvia is ugly doesnt mean others do. I think that the neon is an ugly ass car and thats why i dont own one but i dont tell u they are ugly cause everyone has their own opinion

pressure_ratio
09-12-2005, 04:27 PM
:drama:
well if everyones going to be this moronic and ignorent!

Didn't your eclipse have a JDM 16g turbo and mani on it?
Don't all neon owners wish they're economy cars were sports cars?
Sorry,but not everones got an infinte amount of cash to spend on a car.
DO US A FAVOUR.STAY ON TOPIC AND KEEP THE PERSONAL NO-MIND ATTACKS TO SOMEONES CAR TO YOURSELF!

mshaw
09-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by pressure_ratio

DO US A FAVOUR.STAY ON TOPIC AND KEEP THE PERSONAL NO-MIND ATTACKS TO SOMEONES CAR TO YOURSELF!

agreed

heavyD
09-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by mshaw

just cause you think a 240 or a silvia is ugly doesnt mean others do. I think that the neon is an ugly ass car and thats why i dont own one but i dont tell u they are ugly cause everyone has their own opinion

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the point I'm trying to make is that your car is over 15 years old. That is an eternety in autombile time. All these imported cars look so dated.

theken
09-12-2005, 04:34 PM
well my fairladay came in pretty mint shape, so i would say that the cars themselves are better
also onl had 90,000 km so if u can find a lhd 300 here with 90,000 km (tiwn turbo) mint for the price i paid for mine i would like to see it so basically cheaper, low k, and in way nicer shape.
i dont see why people can hate them just based on thinking it is a "fad" they are cars you cannot get here such as silvias, skylines, i agree in busted ass cars dont need to bring the shit, but if you bring in a pimp super nice ride there should be no problems with them.

habsfan
09-12-2005, 04:39 PM

:confused: Don't all you Ontario folk want to be American anyway?

that was quite possibly one of the dumbest and weakest posts i've ever read on beyond. honestly, i dont even now how to respond to that it was so damn stupid.

JCX
09-12-2005, 04:58 PM

Listen Mr. Speak and Spell, first of all. :english:

How is it moronic and ignorant to say most of the JDM cars I see are beat up junk boxes? They are. Pretty simple. Most Silvias and Skylines I see have beat up paint, body damage and weathered interior. They are 15 year old cars, big deal.

OMG, you hate Neons? :whocares:

Save it for another thread, this one is about hating RHD. :rofl:

pressure_ratio
09-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm sorry but I don't see the need to lower myself to your level and start swearing or start personally attacking other ppl's cars.

I don't go around mouthing off about how much I hate neons ,honda's or whatever else the rest of you do without a good reason.The majority of the responses on here have been a simple "I hate JDM cause they suck".
I hate JDM cause the cars aern't mint like my Integra,Neon".
"Some guy gave me a dirty look in a Skyline last week thinking his car would kick my baller $50k STi's ass".

...and furthermore dumb comments like this..."Save it for another thread, this one is about hating RHD".

...do nothing for your argument or credibility.

Aleks
09-12-2005, 05:31 PM

So exactly how much do you have into your car to make a whopping 260hp?

Ignorance is bliss I guess?Funny how nobody has had a decent argument yet.IIRC Hondas were the biggest rage befor the JDM craze came along.At least most of these cars were designed as sports cars and sport coupes,not economy cars that want to be sports cars..

Huh? What does my 260hp have to do with anything? All I said was that I hate RHD. This was the point of the topic. To say whether you like them or not. I said I don't.

schurchill39
09-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Heavy D i am surprised at your anger projected in this subject.
In regards to you thinking christine's car is ugly, she bought the car for her, not you. She bought it because its something she likes, i really dont think she cares much about what anyone else thinks (or she shouldnt).
People hate neons, integras, civics just as much as they do the RHD vehicles so this thread is pretty much useless. If your going to make a RHD bashing thread you might as well throw in a Civic and neon thread to. The point of the matter is people buy cars for themselves not for others(if you do your an idiot and shouldnt be driving). There is always going to be some one hating something some one else has. Thats the way the world works.

Why I personally like RHD (and i dont care what any one has to say about it)
1. For roughly the same price you can find one here, you can find a japanese car with less KM's better condition and rust free. (rust is a bitch, my 240 is full of it)
2. I like the potential alot of the cars have, be it a silvia, a GTi-R, a Laurel or an RX-7
3. I just plain like em.

topher91
09-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Wow this is a very heated topic and I'm am quite surprised of most of the comments coming from the members on here. I thought we were car enthusaists and everyone here should have a more open mind then most lay-people about any cars.

I also agree with Christine about why we like our JDM cars. If my Silvia came out in LHD I still would have bought it. I didn't buy it cuz its RHD. I bought it cuz its what I wanted.

About the personal attacks about Christine's car, that was totally uncalled for this thread is about liking or hating RHD not who's RHD you hate.

I am very disappointed in a lot of the opinions from the "haters" on this thread.

In my defense, I don't drive like an asshole at 2pm on any street, I don't stare down the next driver (in fact they stare at me and then burn out beside), I don't have a POS rust bucket JDM hunk of metal, in fact its in pretty good shape.

Oh yea and Laurier, CA's are good too. :)

Chris

talonboi
09-12-2005, 05:54 PM

DSM mentality:thumbsdow
why you gotta diss her car?? she worked 3 jobs to get where her car is right now, she waited almost 5months to get her, she doesnt care if its RHD or LHD, her car is next to mint

i enjoy driving her car more then mine, its more reliable then my car, thats for sure..

i've only seen a few "good" reasons why people dont like the RHD....

theres not many 1990 240sx without rust on the undercarriage or the strut towers...

Lo)2enz0
09-12-2005, 05:59 PM
hey heavyD, ever wonder why nissan kept the 180sx running in japan for almost 10 years with only making minor differences...ummm

now lets look at your mitsubishi...at least nissan didn't have to make cell phones to keep the company together...

oh and how about that srt-4, weren't they produced in mexico? give them 5 years before those things start falling apart just like everything else from mexico

the point to this thread was rhd, not car makes or specific cars

Lo)2enz0
09-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by talonboi

DSM mentality:thumbsdow

ha ha ha, nice call

Weapon_R
09-12-2005, 06:01 PM
I think the original point of this thread was lost somewhere halfway through the first page...:closed: