PDA

View Full Version : All Inclusive in Mexico (Cancun and Mayan Riviera)

sputnik
09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
My wife and I am thinking about heading to Cancun for a week in December. I've heard that it can be pretty nice during that time as most people arent vacationing just before Christmas.

We are looking at staying in an all inclusive resort with a 4 or 5 star MINIMUM (5 star preferred). Does anyone recommend any resorts or more importantly... can anyone tell us which so-called 4-5 star resorts to avoid?

Food quality and beach quality are the most important factors. We arent going out to get wasted EVERY night (but im sure there may be one or two nights of drunkeness). So alcohol quality isnt THAT necessary.

We also arent that dead set on Mexico. Its just that neither of us have ever done the all-inclusive thing and figured Mexico might not be a bad place to start. If anyone had a great experience elsewhere, let me know.

gkAeris
09-12-2005, 02:57 PM
try this website it's pretty good for prices

www.redtagvacations.ca

lastprodigy
09-12-2005, 03:16 PM
try expedia.....cancun is a good place but maybe not the best place to vist for a married couple??

l8braker
09-12-2005, 03:20 PM
we had a great time at the iberstar parisio just outside of playa del carmen.

civic_stylez
09-12-2005, 03:36 PM
we stayed at the palladium in the myan...absolutely awesome, one of the best resorts ive ever been to. id recommend it to anyone!

Gurpy
09-12-2005, 04:56 PM
We go to the moon palace in the mayan riviera (just a few mins away from cancun..free buses running every day) every year, its a real nice hotel.

trdcelica
09-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Check out holguin Cuba stayed at las brisas guardalavaca, resort right on the beach

trdcelica
09-12-2005, 07:21 PM
oh and they give good deals from
www.selloffvacations.com

dcoultis
09-12-2005, 08:00 PM
playa del carmen last may, we loved it.

About 2 weeks ago we tried getting a room there for around christmas and we couldn't find anything till april (maybe it was just the hotel we were trying to stay at?)... I hope you can still find something.

AJL
09-12-2005, 08:04 PM
I want to go pretty soon.
My advice is only go with an all inclusive, and no less then 4 stars.

JordanLotoski
09-12-2005, 08:07 PM
if its you and your wife stay in playa del carmen at the grand porto real..in an ocean front suite...honestly one of the nicest hotels ive stayed at, service and food where amazing and 5th ave is right there for shopping.

skyline19
09-12-2005, 08:56 PM
porta varata(sp?) is the place to go dude. i cant remember the name of the resort i went to but it has the largest outdoor pool in the world. definitly a must go.:thumbsup:

roopi
09-12-2005, 11:46 PM
I was at the El Dorado Royale in July for a week. 5 star resort. I did a few weeks of research before I decided on it and I wasn't disappointed at all.

A few things to note:
1. 95% Couples
2. I was very impressed with the food compared to my first visit to Mexico (Mazatlan). 5-7 carte restaurants as well as a few places to drop in and eat.
3. Free bus rides daily/nightly to Playa Del Carmen and Cancun (like all other resorts)
4. Centered between Playa Del Carmen and Cancun (20 minutes to either)
5. Nice beach
6. Awesome staff and excellent security. No worries at all.

If you want some pictures of the resort let me know and I can send some over. Or if you have any questions.

FiveFreshFish
09-13-2005, 12:51 AM
We went to Puerto Vallarta for a week and stayed at the Sheraton. Downtown PV is only a 15-minute walk from the hotel and we didn't do the all-inclusive. Tried a different restaurant for every meal. The sand was a bit coarse so we stayed by the pool most of the time.

Lexxan
09-13-2005, 02:30 AM
If you on a serious trip pls don't hesitate to PM me and I will give you my mothers contact #.. she is a travel agent of many years. I would definitely recommend the complex of 10-15 resorts connected to playa del carmen which is fenced off with security from the general mexican population... little less worry.
ps not a ghetto place in a mall.. she will actually research your needs.

sputnik
09-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by roopi
I was at the El Dorado Royale in July for a week. 5 star resort. I did a few weeks of research before I decided on it and I wasn't disappointed at all.

That place looks incredible! Checked out their website.

JAYMEZ
09-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Hrmm , i didnt notice this thread. I went to the Mayan Riveria this year , I stayed at Mayan Principe , its a 5+ star hotel , it was freakin amazing.

about 10 different international resturants with in walkin distance , private beach , disco , awesome staff members , huge rooms with marble floors and big bath tubs ect. Constant buses , has family fun and activities all the time.

roopi
09-14-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

That place looks incredible! Checked out their website.

It really was. I don't think you will regret it if that's what you decide on. If you do decide to go there is a Jamacian restaurant on the beach and next to it is a bar. Do me a favour and ask for Pedro (in the evening) if he's there tell him Amy and Roopi say hi. He was one of the best bartenders I've ever met in my life. Was there every night chatting with him.

I'll try and post up some pics this weekend.

j0nblayz
09-21-2005, 01:10 PM
guys, i'm leaving to mexico on sat, sept 24, i've been watchin the weather in cancun and seems its raining and t-storms all next week, i'm going to mayan riviera, you guys think i should cancel?

bspot
09-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by skyline19
porta varata(sp?) is the place to go dude. i cant remember the name of the resort i went to but it has the largest outdoor pool in the world. definitly a must go.:thumbsup:

Well my resort in Mazatlan claimed they had the biggest in North America. lol.. mexicans and their crazy stories.

Lex350
09-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Lexxan
If you on a serious trip pls don't hesitate to PM me and I will give you my mothers contact #.. she is a travel agent of many years. I would definitely recommend the complex of 10-15 resorts connected to playa del carmen which is fenced off with security from the general mexican population... little less worry.
ps not a ghetto place in a mall.. she will actually research your needs.

I really liked Playa. Were staying at the Mayan Palace up the road but when were took trips into town we went to Playa rather than Cancun. Cancun is almost like visting Florida. It doesn;t have the same texture as Playa.

Lex350
09-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by skyline19

That would be the Mayan Palace there. I've stayed there. Even when the place was 90% full you couls get a prime plce byt the pool at anytime.

The hotel is on 300 arcres with its own golf course.

Impreza
09-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Try the Grand Oasis in Cancun. Really nice as well.

Kobe
09-27-2005, 06:09 PM

A few things to note:
1. 95% Couples
2. I was very impressed with the food compared to my first visit to Mexico (Mazatlan). 5-7 carte restaurants as well as a few places to drop in and eat.
3. Free bus rides daily/nightly to Playa Del Carmen and Cancun (like all other resorts)
4. Centered between Playa Del Carmen and Cancun (20 minutes to either)
5. Nice beach
6. Awesome staff and excellent security. No worries at all.

If you want some pictures of the resort let me know and I can send some over. Or if you have any questions.

Fuck did Mazatlan suck... I will never go back :banghead: :banghead:

Originally posted by j0nblayz
guys, i'm leaving to mexico on sat, sept 24, i've been watchin the weather in cancun and seems its raining and t-storms all next week, i'm going to mayan riviera, you guys think i should cancel?

Its still not bad even if its raining, you can still swim, go out and what not... when its raining its still +30 :D

colinderksen
10-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by l8braker
we had a great time at the iberstar parisio just outside of playa del carmen.

We were in the Iberostar Paraiso Maya Resort near Playa Del Carmen as well. It is around 40 minutes south of Cancun. We were in the Paraiso Maya. It was the newest of the 4 on the Iberostar Paraiso Maya Resort, it was only completed in November of last year. It was also the most expensive at $2600/week.

For food it was really good. On the total compound I guess there are about 10 highend specialty restaurants. Formal dress attitre at some. From steak house to japanese restaurant. Room services and free food 24/7.

We also had access to all of the other places on the compound. We were the most expesnive so we were allowed anywhere.

Premium liquor there as well. Only Dos X beer available but all major liquor brands are there. I was drinking Canadian Club whiskey the whole time. Pretty good tequila as well.

This is a huge resort, it took me 5 or 6 days to get used to the layout and make my way around cause it all looks the same. I always carried my map. Usually cause we were so loaded and couldnt make our way back. They also have guys in golf carts that can just drive you around.

Service was top notch in the room. We always tipped $10 a morning to make sure they cleaned well. It was always perfect.

Tons of little shops and always help from staff. They have a conceirge (sp) in every building. Can gfet you out on excursions and set up dinner reservations for you.

Resort was really nice, all brand new, good shows, clean rooms, good booze, good food, nice gym, nice pools. Has a huge private beach. Lots of bars and pubs and a good night club.

Over all I rate it 5/5. I would go back there in a second, the $2600 for a week was well worth it.

Iberostar Paraiso Maya Resort (http://playaguide.com/resorts/paraisomaya.html)

I am going back to Mexico in February for a buddies wedding. Has anyone ever been to the Gran Bahia Principe Tulum All-Inclusive Resort , Im sure it will be nice as most are in the Mayan.

EredLithui
10-04-2005, 07:46 AM

It really was. I don't think you will regret it if that's what you decide on. If you do decide to go there is a Jamacian restaurant on the beach and next to it is a bar. Do me a favour and ask for Pedro (in the evening) if he's there tell him Amy and Roopi say hi. He was one of the best bartenders I've ever met in my life. Was there every night chatting with him.

I'll try and post up some pics this weekend.

I will also back this up.. I just returned from the El Dorado Royale (honeymoon) and it was absolutely amazing.
The views, food, people, service.. the whole resort is just top notch.
The wife & I are already planning on going again in a year or two.

JoJo's! :love:

TomTom
10-09-2005, 03:48 PM
im going to barcelo maya beach resort on the 18 i belive it is. right when its -35 here, i have 3 friends that went and said it was way better than they had hoped.http://www1.signaturevacations.com/images/cun/cunbmy_20a.jpg

Kobe
10-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Anyone been to Riu cancun, I might head down for spring break...

v8killah
10-15-2005, 01:10 PM
i have been to mazatland and cancun, and all i have to say is cancun is 100 times better.

i went during reading weeek and i am going again next reading week, the beaches are unreal and the nightlife is better than anywhere i have been so far.

and i did see alot of couples there so i don't think its a bad idea if your young.

69cougar
10-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
im going to barcelo maya beach resort on the 18 i belive it is. right when its -35 here, i have 3 friends that went and said it was way better than they had hoped.http://www1.signaturevacations.com/images/cun/cunbmy_20a.jpg

http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/

s__dime
10-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
Anyone been to Riu cancun, I might head down for spring break...

I have been to the Riu Cancun and it was amazing as well as the Riu palace in Playa both resorts are amazing!!!

R-Audi
10-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by TomTom

I was there last easter.. quite good but I did get sick of the food after two weeks.. my only other complaint is bars were understaffed so it took a while to get drinks.. Captain Mo's was fun though!! (Bar at right corner of property on beach)

Make sure you get your fridge stalked up.. one of the only all inclusives I have been to with a stocked mini-bar!

Evro
10-16-2005, 02:45 PM
went to cancun this summer, and cuba several times before, we stayed at the melia turquesa resort in cancun, very nice, it was a 5star, but we went through some of the other hotels and plz do yourself a favour and take my word for it - IF YOU WANNA GO TO CANCUN STAY AT ONE OF RIU's RESORTS - the riu palace was probably the nicest resort on the whole strip.
haha i hope u have a great vacation (be sure to check out coc bonga night club while u there)

Kobe
10-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by s__dime

I have been to the Riu Cancun and it was amazing as well as the Riu palace in Playa both resorts are amazing!!!

Originally posted by Evro
went to cancun this summer, and cuba several times before, we stayed at the melia turquesa resort in cancun, very nice, it was a 5star, but we went through some of the other hotels and plz do yourself a favour and take my word for it - IF YOU WANNA GO TO CANCUN STAY AT ONE OF RIU's RESORTS - the riu palace was probably the nicest resort on the whole strip.
haha i hope u have a great vacation (be sure to check out coc bonga night club while u there)

When I was in the dominican last year, we stayed at a RUI hotel, it was 3 in 1... All inclusive.. Best time of my life...

The pictures of Rui cancun looked amazing, I think thats my next hotel...

v8killah
10-24-2005, 09:52 PM
sorry guys, cancun is fucked

\JCAR/
10-25-2005, 10:25 AM
yeah theres a deal right next to were i work round trip to cancun for about $510.00 thats a awsome deal and all in clusive for $675.00 sweet deal i was gonna go but i'm the new manager of this skateboard/snowboard shop and i'm up to my neck in work so looks like i wont be going anywere for a bit.

Kobe
10-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Beyond trip 2 Cancun anyone? hahahah

JAYMEZ
10-25-2005, 10:34 PM
^^ Me and Jaret are down lol

Kobe
10-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Just asked my mom, said a ton of flights are canceled to Cancun, I'll get her to check some prices hahaha..

^SkylinE^
10-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Massive hurricane is supose to wipe out cancun ... so i heard a weekago or so not sure if this info is current?

sputnik
10-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
Massive hurricane is supose to wipe out cancun ... so i heard a weekago or so not sure if this info is current?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do you live in a cave? Hurricane Wilma has been all over the news for the past week. It took out Cancun this past weekend and ran over Florida a couple of days ago.

http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en&ned=&q=cancun+wilma&btnG=Search+News

Xtrema
10-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Chance that they're done rebuilding by Dec holiday season is slim. I won't count on sanitory condiiton would be top notch either.

sputnik
10-27-2005, 07:22 AM
The news this morning reported that they wont be "back to normal" until easter.

Ajay
10-27-2005, 04:27 PM
What about Puerto Vallarta? Was that affected by the hurricane as well?

roopi
10-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
What about Puerto Vallarta? Was that affected by the hurricane as well?

Nope.

Kobe
11-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Need INFO ASAP!!!

Mom wants to book a flight to Cancun for 7 days $1,300 a person tax included...

Its at Mayan Riviera...

Anyone know the details after the hurricane, need to find out before 5PM TODAY!!

Mr. Burns
11-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Call the resort?

Kobe
11-08-2005, 04:52 PM
The resort said "small structual damage" not major... :dunno: :dunno:

Kobe
11-08-2005, 05:00 PM
The resort said "small structual damage" not major... :dunno: :dunno:

Also is the age law in place firmly??

Is it 18+ or 21+

I think it's 21, but I hope they don't care to much..

Ripper
11-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I was 16 and they gave me an adult wrist band in mazatlan. :dunno:

Kobe
11-08-2005, 07:35 PM
I will be in Tulum Cancun on saturday...
Staying at Bahia principp hotel..
5star, all inclusive... :D
I'll grab some pics...

Love last minute deals..
Came to $1,070 taxes included...

Lanks
11-10-2005, 12:15 AM
^^^I'm really interersted to hear your review of this place and see some post-hurricane pics...(I'm going december 15!!)

eljefe
11-10-2005, 11:32 AM
That is a very nice Resort, well done tons of amenities, I have loved every Bahia Principe property I have been at except for Peurto Plata in the DR(wouldn't recommend that particular property).

But the Tulum Bahia Principe in Mx is great , hopefully most of the damage will be cleaned up, Tulum is far enough south it had less effects of Wilma.

to answer the post a few up about age.....lol you won't have any trouble getting served ...its Mexico

Kobe
11-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Lanks
^^^I'm really interersted to hear your review of this place and see some post-hurricane pics...(I'm going december 15!!)

I'll post pics up when I get back, we called the resort and there is close to no damage.....I'm going to rent a scooter hopefully go around and grab a few pics...

Originally posted by eljefe
That is a very nice Resort, well done tons of amenities, I have loved every Bahia Principe property I have been at except for Peurto Plata in the DR(wouldn't recommend that particular property).

But the Tulum Bahia Principe in Mx is great , hopefully most of the damage will be cleaned up, Tulum is far enough south it had less effects of Wilma.

to answer the post a few up about age.....lol you won't have any trouble getting served ...its Mexico
Good to hear :D
Do you remember how the disco in the hotel was?
Was it active? younger or older crowd?
What time of year did you go down there??

eljefe
11-10-2005, 07:16 PM
first week of december, its a lot slower then ...pre xmas rush but if you go into Playa del Carmen (5 or 10 dollar cab ride north) there is always tons going on . Playa del Carmen has lots of nightlife. Umm hmm also check out chili willies if your out with the guys hehehe its fun.

Kobe
11-11-2005, 07:50 PM
first week of december, its a lot slower then ...pre xmas rush but if you go into Playa del Carmen (5 or 10 dollar cab ride north) there is always tons going on . Playa del Carmen has lots of nightlife. Umm hmm also check out chili willies if your out with the guys hehehe its fun.

Won't be checking out Playa Del Carmen :( It got hit hardd by the hurricane :(

eljefe
11-12-2005, 10:38 AM
If you care to check Playa is mostly up and operational again. The people in Mexico need people to not avoid those areas. They are very adept at getting things back to normal. The actual eye of the huricane hit to the north of Playa so they were on the clean side of the storm. You would be missing out on alot by not hitting Playa del Carmen.

eljefe
11-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Playa del Carmen 02/11/2005

Dear Guests,
Goodmorning from Playa del Carmen,
We are very concerned for the news that is being spread both by television and media in general about out recovery from Hurricane Wilma.

We would like to inform you that Playa del Carmen is already back to normal, all restaurants are open, the beach is beautiful, and most Beach Clubs will be open by November 15th, in time for the Latin Jazz Festival.

Cancun and Cozumel were hit in a much harder way than the Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen in particular. Most All Inclusive Hotels have closed for damages and for matters of insurance.

They have nothing to do with our situation in downtown Playa. If you have not done so already, please take a few moments to check our news page, we have updates with pictures, where you will see what the real situation is like. Please also check the Fire Department's website, where you can find official information about all the Riviera Maya. Cancun Intl airport is open again, but we know from the news that it is the airlines that are canceling their flights, we don't know why. Please do not hesitate to come stay with us, we guarantee that Playa is as beautiful as ever and we are ready to welcome you.

there was way to much media hype about damage and where it was, go to playa and enjoy

Kobe
11-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Playa del Carmen 02/11/2005

Dear Guests,
Goodmorning from Playa del Carmen,
We are very concerned for the news that is being spread both by television and media in general about out recovery from Hurricane Wilma.

We would like to inform you that Playa del Carmen is already back to normal, all restaurants are open, the beach is beautiful, and most Beach Clubs will be open by November 15th, in time for the Latin Jazz Festival.

Cancun and Cozumel were hit in a much harder way than the Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen in particular. Most All Inclusive Hotels have closed for damages and for matters of insurance.

They have nothing to do with our situation in downtown Playa. If you have not done so already, please take a few moments to check our news page, we have updates with pictures, where you will see what the real situation is like. Please also check the Fire Department's website, where you can find official information about all the Riviera Maya. Cancun Intl airport is open again, but we know from the news that it is the airlines that are canceling their flights, we don't know why. Please do not hesitate to come stay with us, we guarantee that Playa is as beautiful as ever and we are ready to welcome you.

there was way to much media hype about damage and where it was, go to playa and enjoy

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Makes me feel so much better :D
Thanks

eljefe
11-12-2005, 05:30 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Makes me feel so much better :D
Thanks

Have a great time! You'll love Playa de Carmen

l8braker
11-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Hopefully everything is truly all fixed up.......... PDC is such a gem. Great place!

Kobe
11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
the weather is warm as fuck, +29, some of the palm trees are fucked, but its still nice overall...

some of the workers are cunts tho, carry our luggage about 20 feet, and say we owe them a tip, give them 1 dollar, and there like thats it...

fucken cunts, do they expect to make millions....
oo well free internet...

peace :)