PDA

View Full Version : fav. drives

Teggy2nr
09-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey guys I just recently took a vacation to Whistler. I drove out there and I didnt go the normal way which is down to Van. and then up to Whistler. I came down to Whistler from the north from a small town called Cashe Creek. The road started around 15kms north of the town and thats where it starts, and by it I mean the most thrilling road I have ever driven. Its called highway 99 or also the Duffy Lake road, its a 180 km stretch of twistys and beautiful senery. The first 70 kms or so is more open high speed road and then u come to a town called Lillotte ( I think thats how its spelled) and then from there it heads up into the more rugged mountians. The last 110 kms is probably some of the most extreme highway driving in Canada, Im talking 180 degree switchbacks, 1 lane wooden bridges countless sweeping corners a few strait-a-ways, really steep hills, it think the steepest was 16% (the one into Golden is 11% at the steepest part) and the best part was theres hardly no traffic. The senery is some of the best Ive seen and this goes on for about an hour and a half. It made me wish I had some one else in the car to film some of it. So if any of u go to Whistler check out a map and DRIVE THIS ROAD!! U wont regret it and its only 900kms from here to Whistler if u take this route, and if u go through Van. its over 1200. So thats my 2 cents on my fav. drive, what are some of ur recomendations/ stories for good spirited drives

asp integra
09-13-2005, 10:53 PM
i know the road u are talking about, very fun to be on,

i have 2 fav roads to drive, one is the banff-windermere highway(93 i believe), lots of turns, and highspeed straightaways! so much fun to drive in the summer, and great views, and my 2nd fav road to drive is ossoyos to rock creek, not sure the highway # but this road takes u on a ridge over looking the us/canada border and has amazing corners (lots are at 110 km/h and they are banked steep so u can take them very fast and lots of coo, hills and straighaways, i think its my fav road to drive on, if feels like it would be a good road course track!

Teggy2nr
09-14-2005, 03:25 PM
that ossoyous one sounds good mabey ill check it out this summer cuz im goin to penticton. I dont think nothing beats a Integra on a windy road, you cant tell thats what they were truly meant for

QuasarCav
09-14-2005, 03:36 PM
- #3 from Princeton to Hope

- #5 from Hope to Kamloops (sustained high speed)

Hell most roads in BC are pretty fun if you are cautious.

me&you
09-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Teggy2nr
that ossoyous one sounds good mabey ill check it out this summer cuz im goin to penticton. I dont think nothing beats a Integra on a windy road, you cant tell thats what they were truly meant for

No offense to the Integras (they are fun), but just wait until you can tackel those roads in a REAL sports car! Everything you feel except 100 times better!

eclipse00
09-14-2005, 04:29 PM
If you want good roads in BC, pick up a copy of destination highways. The best book by far for BC roads. It rates roads based on twisties, pavement, fuzz patrols etc! I use it on my bike when a few of us head out there every year. Could get the same effect with a car I suppose.

Teggy2nr
09-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by eclipse00
If you want good roads in BC, pick up a copy of destination highways. The best book by far for BC roads. It rates roads based on twisties, pavement, fuzz patrols etc! I use it on my bike when a few of us head out there every year. Could get the same effect with a car I suppose. r u serious, where could I pick up that book, sounds like its a good resource

eclipse00
09-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Teggy2nr
r u serious, where could I pick up that book, sounds like its a good resource

U can do it all online, they offer a couple books, one for BC, Washington. Make sure that you buy the right one! :)

http://www.destinationhighways.com/default.htm

fast&dangr
09-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Closer to home, Bow Valley Parkway is awesome this time of year (less Deathstar motor homes going 17kph, stopping in the middle of the road to film piles of elk shit and dumbass bastard kids unning around playing Ninja Turtles in the middle of a highway, like in high summer) The road splits into one lane in spots and has great scenery. Just watch out for large animals!

asp integra
09-21-2005, 11:32 PM
pretty much all roads that are in good shape in the mountains are fun to drive on (as long as they have some curves and straighaways)

calgarys13
09-22-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by asp integra

i have 2 fav roads to drive, one is the banff-windermere highway(93 i believe), lots of turns, and highspeed straightaways! so much fun to drive in the summer, and great views, and my 2nd fav road to drive is ossoyos to rock creek, not sure the highway # but this road takes u on a ridge over looking the us/canada border and has amazing corners (lots are at 110 km/h and they are banked steep so u can take them very fast and lots of coo, hills and straighaways, i think its my fav road to drive on, if feels like it would be a good road course track!

i forget the road number but its called going to the sun road
http://www.amwest-travel.com/awt_glacier4.html

Rockski
09-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by asp integra

i have 2 fav roads to drive, one is the banff-windermere highway(93 i believe), lots of turns, and highspeed straightaways! so much fun to drive in the summer, and great views

holy shit man i LOVED that road, we took it to go camping and at like 10 or 11 at night driving into the sunset and hitting the dark, shit that was awesome... hardly anybody on that road at night and i was flying in my truck... still not fast enough to catch up to the other people and their "performace" cars... but that road is totaly a BLAST

me&you
09-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Rockski

holy shit man i LOVED that road, we took it to go camping and at like 10 or 11 at night driving into the sunset and hitting the dark, shit that was awesome... hardly anybody on that road at night and i was flying in my truck... still not fast enough to catch up to the other people and their "performace" cars... but that road is totaly a BLAST

Very smart... speeding down that highway at dusk! Do you have any idea how many deer there are in that area? You made it once, congratulations. Try to keep the speeding on that road to before 8pm.

Rockski
09-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by me&you

Very smart... speeding down that highway at dusk! Do you have any idea how many deer there are in that area? You made it once, congratulations. Try to keep the speeding on that road to before 8pm. oh dude you dont know, andrew almost clipped one (about mayby a foot away from his A wall)
"was that a deer, meh"

besides "flying" in my truck is 130, everybody else, try closter to 200

me&you
09-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Rockski
oh dude you dont know, andrew almost clipped one (about mayby a foot away from his A wall)
"was that a deer, meh"

besides "flying" in my truck is 130, everybody else, try closter to 200

But I do know... that's why I mentioned it. At 130, yeah, flying becomes a relative term. Either way, that's the upper limits of safe speed on that highway at dusk/night.

Don't get me wrong... 93 rocks. During daylight hours in light traffic, fly away!

Rockski
09-22-2005, 02:12 PM
either way, that road is a fucking blast

Teggy2nr
09-22-2005, 03:04 PM
that going to the sun road looks like the highway i was talking about, no tunnels on mine tho but other than that it looks exacly like the same kind of thing